Author Topic: Time line  (Read 1872 times)

Offline srl51676

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Time line
« on: March 22, 2010, 04:52:23 AM »
Hey I am working on getting an adventure written for my group to play ASAP after I get my virtual hands on the PDF from the Pre-order. I plan on working in both real world and Dresden files events as background to add to the realism of the adventure but to do this I need to figure out when Billy in writing the books. I have searched the web page but I can't find/remeber what books have taken place by the time the RPG is set. my goal is to try and put a year on the RPG setting so I can merge it with a real world time line.  Please help
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur.
"The world wants to be deceived, so let it be deceived."

Offline Archmage_Cowl

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Time line
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 04:56:13 AM »
Well I heard them say the rpg is only going to cover the first ten books initially. Thats up to small favor but they may be doing expasions that will involve material from later books. I dont have an exact time set for how long that is or anything though lol.  ;D
"I who stand in the full light of the heavens, command thee, who opens the gates to hell. Come forth Divine Lightning! This ends now! Indignation!" Jade Curtis Tales of the abyss

Offline Ihadris

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 05:09:44 AM »
Well I dont think there is a specific date ever mentioned but the books are set in the present day. The RPG is including information all the way up to 'Small Favor' so if you really wanted an exact date you could take the publication date which according to Wikipedia is April 1st 2008. (That could have been a very mean April Fools!)

Another view is that since the RPG is being released this year and it is supposed to have been written by Billy you could take the publication date of the RPG itself as the date of the setting.

Besides all this the setting is yours to do with as you please, it could have whatever date you want it to have.

Ihadris

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 05:20:44 AM »
I believe there's a timeline of the books found elsewhere on these forums. Priscellie maintains it I believe?

We go up to Small Favor, including several of the short stories, but excluding any stories (such as Backup) not written from Harry's perspective.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline Ihadris

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 05:37:05 AM »
I believe there's a timeline of the books found elsewhere on these forums. Priscellie maintains it I believe?

I completly forgot about that! The link to it is here (http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php?topic=1592.0) It contains many many spoilers, obviously.

She puts White Night as taking place eight years after Storm Front which is estimated to be within a year or two of the year 2000. So the publication date is, strangely enough, pretty bang on.

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 05:48:47 AM »
I completly forgot about that! The link to it is here (http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php?topic=1592.0) It contains many many spoilers, obviously.

She puts White Night as taking place eight years after Storm Front which is estimated to be within a year or two of the year 2000. So the publication date is, strangely enough, pretty bang on.

Yeah, the novels' publication *month* doesn't always nail it (what with it usually being April), but they've come very close to the year, in a sort of "this is now" sense.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline srl51676

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 06:20:52 AM »
Ok thanks a lot for all the quick responses. I will go with the publication dates since they should get me within a year which is good enough. I can start my game in early 2008 that gives me two years of real world events to work with including the election and give me time to allow for the increased power of the former PCs (now NPCs) from the modern game I ran in the Dresden verse D20 Modern game that was set in early 2001.

Wait just had a thought might back up a to 2002 so that I can use the start of the War with the reds as a back drop. I like the idea of "some guy that you have barely heard of did something you know nothing about so now a bunch of vampires have declared open season on you" Might be fun have to think about it.
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur.
"The world wants to be deceived, so let it be deceived."