Linked Events

• Jim at New York Comic Con: October 08, 2010 - October 10, 2010

Author Topic: Jim at New York Comic Con - Oct 8-10, 2010  (Read 203323 times)

Offline jemjem

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Jim at New York Comic Con - Oct 8-10, 2010
« Reply #465 on: September 27, 2010, 01:23:11 AM »
So I have my prop staff for the Con *is excited* I'm a bit worried about bringing it in, but according to the weapons policy wood props are fine.
"Think you're cute, huh?"
"I'm freaking adorable. Especially with the raccoon face I've got going on here."

Offline Uilos

• Posty McPostington
  • The Snark Side of the Force
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: September 27, 2010, 01:29:51 AM »
So I have my prop staff for the Con *is excited* I'm a bit worried about bringing it in, but according to the weapons policy wood props are fine.

Yes, wood props are fine. Essentially nothing edged or could be construed as a authentic ballistic weapon will be accepted. You can buy weapons at vendors, but they will mostly be non-sharp replicas and packed and sealed tight after purchase. Prop guns need to have the orange cap or something to show, in no ambiguous terms, that it is not a real gun. Other than that, you're clear.
Quote from: Shecky
It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning. It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion.

Offline kittenbot

• Conversationalist
  • kittenbot of doooooooom--is doomy.
    • View Profile
    • tweeter
« Reply #467 on: September 28, 2010, 12:23:31 AM »
i've got my costume about finished.  need to get some new laces and redye my hair.  i CANNOT wait! yup i'm giggly and bouncy.  very unusual.  i hope you're happy priscellie!  *shakes fist*
and grasshoppers can't talk anyway, dammnit!

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #468 on: September 28, 2010, 03:22:06 AM »
i've got my costume about finished.  need to get some new laces and redye my hair.  i CANNOT wait! yup i'm giggly and bouncy.  very unusual.  i hope you're happy priscellie!  *shakes fist*

I am!  I am!

Offline Seri

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: September 29, 2010, 06:02:47 PM »
Goddess I want to go so bad! I'm not even that far away but I have no one to stay with once I get up there. Probably would not be a great idea to be a single girl wandering around New York after the Con closes.

Anyone know anyone who needs a roomie for the weekend?

Offline Paynesgrey

• Bartender
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: September 30, 2010, 02:59:05 PM »
And this is why the PG snark-theater is ALWAYS worth it.  ;D

Always a pleasure, luv.

Offline Paynesgrey

• Bartender
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: September 30, 2010, 03:30:22 PM »
Goddess I want to go so bad! I'm not even that far away but I have no one to stay with once I get up there. Probably would not be a great idea to be a single girl wandering around New York after the Con closes.

Anyone know anyone who needs a roomie for the weekend?

Seri, where are you coming in from?  Everyone Shecky's checked with already has their couches occupied, but maybe we can get you some simple directions that you'd be comfortable with.  (You do realize that the Dinner With Him was by ticket purchase only, and those are pretty much sold out.)

Offline kittenbot

• Conversationalist
  • kittenbot of doooooooom--is doomy.
    • View Profile
    • tweeter
« Reply #472 on: September 30, 2010, 08:31:27 PM »
Seri, where are you coming in from?  Everyone Shecky's checked with already has their couches occupied, but maybe we can get you some simple directions that you'd be comfortable with.  (You do realize that the Dinner With Him was by ticket purchase only, and those are pretty much sold out.)

no pretty much about it from what i thought dear.  i could be wrong.  i'm only able to go because i'm crashing on a friend's couch.  and i think star was going to check with you to see if you wanted to share a cab over to the dinner after the con.  shoot me a pm if you're interested. 
and grasshoppers can't talk anyway, dammnit!

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: September 30, 2010, 09:27:12 PM »
no pretty much about it from what i thought dear.  i could be wrong.  i'm only able to go because i'm crashing on a friend's couch.  and i think star was going to check with you to see if you wanted to share a cab over to the dinner after the con.  shoot me a pm if you're interested. 

Dinner is about a 5- to 10-minute walk from the con... well, depending on traffic. The Wardens'll be going over early for setup, but I'm sure there'll be someone we can volunteer ask to volunteer to lead a group over. ;D
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #474 on: September 30, 2010, 11:28:57 PM »
Closer to 12 minutes, I'd say.  7 if you're fast like a freak like me. :D

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #475 on: September 30, 2010, 11:31:04 PM »

Nix the "pretty much."  The tickets are absolutely sold out.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: October 01, 2010, 12:23:25 AM »
Closer to 12 minutes, I'd say.  7 if you're fast like a freak like me. :D

You've timed it? Scratch that; upon review, I realized I was thinking about the walk from Port Authority - the lights for four blocks can stretch the time a lot.

And you're not a freak. I just have Barney Rubble's legs.

Oh, they're sold out. It's just that, statistically, there are almost certain to be last-minute cancellations as real life gets in the way.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Paynesgrey

• Bartender
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: October 01, 2010, 12:37:20 AM »

"Pretty much" as in "yeah, he's pretty much ******" and the like.   ;)

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: October 01, 2010, 02:02:04 AM »
"Pretty much" as in "yeah, he's pretty much ******" and the like.   ;)

"He can get me out, but He's pretty sure you're fooked."

Offline Blaze

• Cloak maker to Wizards.
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: October 01, 2010, 02:45:55 AM »
What are the chances of someone being able to meet me at GCT on Friday to grab stuff that is needed for the dinner?
Chi pò, non vò; chi vò, non pò; chi sà, non fà; chi fà, non sà; e così, male il mondo va.