Author Topic: The SPOILERIFIC Ask Robert Wolfe Thread-The Series, in General  (Read 124205 times)

Offline Bob

• Posty McPostington
  • The Snark Knight
    • View Profile
Re: The SPOILERIFIC Ask Robert Wolfe Thread-The Series, in General
« Reply #225 on: March 19, 2007, 03:37:32 AM »

Currently pondering:

Where should we go for vacation?

Branson MO.  Because it has to be seen to be believed.

Yeah, I'm sure Hell has it's unique attributes, too.  Very scenic.  I'll pass.   :P

Well, if you're looking for unsual, exotic, and hard to get to, there's always Tristan da Cunha
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tristan_da_Cunha
Solve a man's problem with violence, help him for a day.  Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime!

Offline Zygoptera

• Conversationalist
  • Alright, do that voodoo that you do, not very well
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 19, 2007, 07:25:13 AM »
So for the episode "What About Bob," Terrence Mann is not on the cast list. Was his name just left on accidentally? Will he be in the show??? (please say yes!)
Cave ab homine unius libri

Great Ruler of the Regions Where Things Freeze Solid And Fall Off

Offline Darkling

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Darklings we listen
« Reply #227 on: March 19, 2007, 07:29:39 AM »
So for the episode "What About Bob," Terrence Mann is not on the cast list. Was his name just left on accidentally? Will he be in the show??? (please say yes!)

I'm pretty sure Bob is in the Bob episode otherwise that title is VERY misleading.  I've been looking forward to that one to see what happens with Justin.

'The night holds more than darkness and the stars.' - The San Francisco version of the Lestat musical.

Offline Robert Wolfe

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • ExIsle Net
« Reply #228 on: March 19, 2007, 05:44:12 PM »

Bob's in every episode but STORM FRONT.  And he's in the 2 hour STORM FRONT too.  Kinda.

Offline chupie

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 19, 2007, 06:03:44 PM »
I have a question. How big a headache do you have after plowing through all our whining after an episode? :D

I'd like to express my thanks that you do this at all. Very generous of the network and yourself to take the time. I know I really appreciate it.

Offline whoknowswhy

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 19, 2007, 07:37:57 PM »
Branson, MO? Arkansas?  Not to 'dis' anyone but....HAWAII...Fiji, um...Bora Bora?  Someplace exotic and relaxing.  That's a vacation.

I live on the west coast, so been to Hawaii several times.  Right now I'm thinking Spain.  Especially southern Spain.

Sigh.  I always forget that you west coast people go to Hawaii the way we here in the midwest go to Florida.  When my husband and I were on Maui we couldn't believe the number of 'family vacationers'. Our flight was eight hours!

Forgiveness is easier to obtain than permission.

Offline ButMadNNW

• Conversationalist
  • Trilling the Wire in the Blood (& some psych.)
    • View Profile
    • The Ladies of the Shadow Gallery
« Reply #231 on: March 19, 2007, 08:36:13 PM »
I always forget that you west coast people go to Hawaii the way we here in the midwest go to Florida.

I've lived on the West Coast since 1996 and have not once been to Hawai'i. Just thought I'd say so.
"I am but mad north-northwest..." ~ Hamlet
"Words will always retain their power." ~ V
"The bag is really devoid of cats!" ~ Harry
"As to errors of opinion, though I am not yet convinced of any, yet I nowhere pretend to infallibility." ~ Daniel Defoe

Offline tamlynn

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 19, 2007, 10:44:05 PM »
Is there some mysterious reason for why Justin's surname is Morningway instead of DuMorne?  It's been confusing the heck out of me. 
"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education."
-Albert Einstein

Offline Soulless Mystic5523

• Posty McPostington
  • Icon lovingly crafted by ButMadNNW
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 19, 2007, 11:25:51 PM »
Is there some mysterious reason for why Justin's surname is Morningway instead of DuMorne?  It's been confusing the heck out of me. 

Yes, a very mysterious one...

:P

Its been mentioned somewhere before, and right after i clicked to tell you, I completely forgot why.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 11:28:59 PM by Mystic5523 »
WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN.

Death    Reaper Man   Terry Pratchett

DV SoullessMystic5523 V1.2 YR7 FR5 BK++ RP+++ JB++ TH++ WG CL++ SW+ BC+ MC---- SH[Murphy++, Molly+]

dreamsofthespider

« Reply #234 on: March 19, 2007, 11:36:33 PM »
I can only remember someone posing a possible link between Morningway and Lucifer.

Didn't Robert say it was because there were too many characters with "D" for a last name?  Of course now there's three characters that can be referred to with "M" :P

Offline Slife

• Conversationalist
  • Fuego Maximilian‽
    • View Profile
    • VGF, Yo.  Home of the World's First Spritecomic
« Reply #235 on: March 20, 2007, 03:23:19 AM »
I can only remember someone posing a possible link between Morningway and Lucifer.

Didn't Robert say it was because there were too many characters with "D" for a last name?  Of course now there's three characters that can be referred to with "M" :P
Apparently the scriptwriting software works a lot better if each initial corresponds to a single character.  Since the letter M is already "shot to hell", one more M name isn't a problem.
Rule one of magic:  Never, ever, under any circumstances, trust someone named "Morningstar".

Offline Warbird

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 20, 2007, 03:32:35 AM »
Robert, what are the chances of seeing a dvd release for this show?

Also who would be in charge of the release?

I ask because Eureka has yet to be released (nor has The Lost Room) and I was curious if this was a scifi Channel thing or had to do with the production company.

Offline Shandra

• Conversationalist
  • Dark Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 20, 2007, 04:17:37 AM »
Southern Spain is BEAUTIFUL... If you go, definately head to Granada (and if you do, can I send you a shopping list for me?)  I lived their for 6 months, and am aching to go back, as soon as I can afford it.

and on topic...

1) So far, most of the eps have been "Dresden trusts or falls for a woman. This turns out to be a bad plan."  Will this be consistant throughout the rest of the series? 

2) I loved Harry's face first glide down the basement stairs in SF.  How much of his own stuntwork does Paul do? 
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 04:52:53 AM by Shandra »
Some people are brave; others just don't know any better.

Offline Stitch

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 20, 2007, 04:52:02 PM »
2) I loved Harry's face first glide down the basement stairs in SF.  How much of his own stuntwork does Paul do? 

According to one interview I've heard, he does as little 'stunt' work as possible because it bothers his back.

Stitch
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Offline PamelaHeath

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • PamelaHeath.com
Re: The SPOILERIFIC Ask Robert Wolfe Thread
« Reply #239 on: March 20, 2007, 11:05:18 PM »
Robert...So am I right in this...magic only screws with stuff when actually ACTIVE, rather than a general field of roll-the-dice around Harry? Or dead wrong?

Yeah, that's pretty much it.  Or when he's upset or emotional.  Or when the stuff is delicate and high tech.  Note how he hovered back from the computer in Boone.  Note that he still has a ton of candles around and cooks with gas (which is electronic free if you hand light the gas burner).  Note that his lab is basicially entirely electricity free.  And he uses a rotary phone.  And he still drives the a relic of a car, too.

Interesting. That would make it like true psychokinesis (mind over matter). You see that with ghosts (or some psychics) when they cause batteries to quit working, or when people get pissed off and objects go flying or electrical equipment blows. I know if I'm angry, I make light bulbs blow. LOL. I had to keep a lot of candles around for awhile...

I like it. It fits.
Author of "The PK Zone" and "Suicide: What Really Happens in the Afterlife?"