Author Topic: The SPOILERIFIC Ask Robert Wolfe Thread-The Series, in General  (Read 124133 times)

Offline HornedToad

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: The SPOILERIFIC Ask Robert Wolfe Thread
« Reply #120 on: January 30, 2007, 08:01:54 AM »
Just wanted to say Congradulations for making Yahoo news on Sunday.  Dresden was the first article from the Entertainment tab of Yahoo news for about 2 hours Sunday afternoon with links to the first episode and the books. 

I thought that was pretty awesome and was stoked to see it right there on the front.

Offline stevem

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 30, 2007, 06:02:23 PM »
Bob holding the hockey stick?  Not possible.  Harry made it himself and Bob can't touch stuff anyway.  Must be a posed pic or something.
Ghosts are capable of moving things.  So why would they not be capable of lifting things?  The visual is not the Dresdenverse reality, only the appearance of reality.
“Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!” - Benjamin Franklin

Offline BelleMorte

• Participant
  • Won't you come and dance with the Beautiful Death?
    • View Profile
    • Vampie
« Reply #122 on: January 30, 2007, 06:16:50 PM »
I have a question... someone may or may not have asked.. and I don't have time to read every message in here.. so... I was wondering about the "soul gaze"... will the serie be using it??.. for I've keep waiting for Harry to soul gaze.. since he did have eyes contact with some people for more then a few seconds and no soul gaze  ???  !!!..
Slipping amongst the shadows, flitting between dark places, always quiet......

Offline Shiggy

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #123 on: January 30, 2007, 06:58:04 PM »
Robert, when I was looking at the gallery of pictures over at SciFi, there was a picture of Bob holding Harry's hockey stick. After the Box O'Doom, I sure hope that Bob won't be the giver of all things magic to Harry, because Harry made his own magical stuff in the books. Is Bob going to endow the hockey stick with some sort of magic for Harry?

Bob holding the hockey stick?  Not possible.  Harry made it himself and Bob can't touch stuff anyway.  Must be a posed pic or something.

Yeah, I was wondering about that too and was going to ask you how coporeal is Bob.

Also, we know Melissa and Ms. Timmons/Skin walker could see Bob, but can normal everyday people see him (ie: Murphy)?  He went to his skull before she entered the room in TBI.

Offline Bob

• Posty McPostington
  • The Snark Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 30, 2007, 07:51:10 PM »

Also, we know Melissa and Ms. Timmons/Skin walker could see Bob, but can normal everyday people see him (ie: Murphy)?  He went to his skull before she entered the room in TBI.

IIRC, the kid saw him too.  But then, he's "special".  However, given the fact Bob felt obliged to leave the room when he saw Murphy coming, I'll bet anyone can see him.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 07:52:55 PM by Bob »
Solve a man's problem with violence, help him for a day.  Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime!

Offline Shiggy

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #125 on: January 30, 2007, 07:52:44 PM »
I don't think Scott ever actually acknowledged that Bob was there.  But hmm...gets me thinking.

Offline BigMama

• Posty McPostington
  • Bemused and Beguiled
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 30, 2007, 11:51:30 PM »
I didn't get the idea that Scott could see Bob either. He certainly completely ignored him in the scene they were in together.
Words in the heart cannot be taken. Dorfl

Offline Cleric and Black Knight

• Participant
  • The only Wizard up North.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 31, 2007, 12:01:13 AM »
I didn't get the idea that Scott could see Bob either. He certainly completely ignored him in the scene they were in together.

That's what I thought aswell.
Make your choice, adventurous Stranger;

Strike the bell and bide the danger,

Or wonder, till it drives you mad,

What would have followed if you had.

Offline dawnsister

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 01, 2007, 12:25:25 AM »
Anyone ever consider asking fellow Canadian Jewel Staite to make a guest appearance??

Note from Mickey: In a re-occuring role, maybe? Pretty pwease with pizza on top?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 06:19:22 PM by Mickey Finn »

Offline Robert Wolfe

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • ExIsle Net
« Reply #129 on: February 01, 2007, 07:33:32 PM »
Robert, when I was looking at the gallery of pictures over at SciFi, there was a picture of Bob holding Harry's hockey stick. After the Box O'Doom, I sure hope that Bob won't be the giver of all things magic to Harry, because Harry made his own magical stuff in the books. Is Bob going to endow the hockey stick with some sort of magic for Harry?

Yeah, I was wondering about that too and was going to ask you how coporeal is Bob.

Everyone can see Bob.  And Bob can't touch anything.

Offline Robert Wolfe

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • ExIsle Net
« Reply #130 on: February 01, 2007, 07:35:10 PM »
Anyone ever consider asking fellow Canadian Jewel Staite to make a guest appearance??

Note from Mickey: In a re-occuring role, maybe? Pretty pwease with pizza on top?

She's on my list of folks I'd like to use eventually if we find a good role for her.  But she's in Vancouver, not Toronto, and she works a lot so the stars would have to align just right.

Offline jtaylor

• Posty McPostington
  • Bob: Offline but not forgotten.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 01, 2007, 07:37:40 PM »

Everyone can see Bob.  And Bob can't touch anything.
So could you explainy how Bob appears to be holding the staff in the pefore mentioned shot, sil vous plait?
A noble spirit enbiggens the smallest man.

Offline trboturtle

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Trboturtle's writing pad
« Reply #132 on: February 02, 2007, 12:21:24 AM »
Robert, I brought this up before, but it was lost in the avalnche of posts. Could you comment on the basics of the series budget? That has to be a huge part of the changes we've seen bring the DF to TV. That would explain why Harry isn't slinging spells every five minutes, why Bob is ghost instead of skull spirit, and why jeep instead of beetle. I mean, if you were to do Storm Front as a TV novel and be 100% faithful to the novel, how much would something like that cost?

Thank you,

Craig
Author of 25+ stories for Battlecorps.com, the official website for Battletech canon stories.
Co-author of "Outcasts Ops: African Firestorm," "Outcast Ops: Red Ice," & "Outcast Ops: Watchlist"
http://thebattletechstate.blogspot.com

Offline Highlander_II

• Conversationalist
  • There can be only one!
    • View Profile
    • Highlander II's Medium-sized Kingdom
« Reply #133 on: February 02, 2007, 02:17:00 AM »
I'd like to know if the 'steady cam' gets more 'steady' in later episodes, b/c it was rather wobbly in these first two.  I understand a little bit of sway, unless more is intentional (ala Joss Whedon in "The Body" from BtVS), but this was like the cameraman was standing on the deck of a ship on less-than-calm water.  It was almost distracting.

Offline Mickey Finn

• Encyclopedia Salesman at the Gates of Mordor --- http://tinyurl.com/Amazon-Page-for-Finn
  • White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Moderator, Thematic Consultant for Comic
    • View Profile
    • Amazon Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 02, 2007, 06:12:35 PM »
That's not a steadycam, that's just handheld. ;)
Which is often used for effect...but it's also cheaper, because steadycams cost more...not just the equipment, but the operators, plus there are rules about how long they can be used in a shoot (the gyroscopes and weight have fun with your back), so that affects shooting schedule.
We are not nouns. We are VERBS. -Stephen Fry
The Universe is made of stories, not of atoms. -Muriel Rukeyser

Podcast: http://thegentlemennerds.com/

Wormwood Mysteries:
"All The Pretty Little Horses" http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00W8FE3FS 
"Sign of the Times" http://tinyurl.com/DirtyMagick