Author Topic: The SPOILERIFIC Ask Robert Wolfe Thread-The Series, in General  (Read 124157 times)

Offline Willowhugger

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • The United Federation of Charles
Re: The SPOILERIFIC Ask Robert Wolfe Thread
« Reply #105 on: January 29, 2007, 02:52:42 AM »
Hey Robert,

Just as a note, Harry is older than he's in the books too.  That means Justin could be Harry's mentor for Magical COLLEGE rather than his High School magician guy.

If you ever want to use him, just remember that there's no reason he couldn't be the Professor to Harry's magical B.A.
Check out my blog: http://unitedfederationofcharles.blogspot.com/
Twitter: @Willowhugger

Offline dawnsister

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 29, 2007, 03:02:58 AM »
Murph's comment about her having dreams about Harry just made me wonder - are we going to see Harry use his Third Eye?

Offline Shiggy

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #107 on: January 29, 2007, 03:04:17 AM »
Hey Robert, just thought I'd let you know that the captions were a lot better in this ep, though there's still room for improvement.  Apparently the caption people have trouble when Harry mumbles.

Offline whoknowswhy

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 29, 2007, 03:21:37 AM »
In defense of DF, closed captioning is pretty hit and miss.  Our television in the second grade wing has the CC stuck ON (and not one of the 'technological wizards' in our building can figure out how to get it OFF) so everytime we watch a movie, the words are there.  Finding Nemo was hilarious.  None of Dora's (Dory?) lines come out making any sense at all.  I hope the kids aren't trying to read it, they'd be so confused!

BTW, Robert...this episode was GREAT.  Much better than last week's (and I liked last week's).   ;D
Forgiveness is easier to obtain than permission.

Offline Rhea

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 29, 2007, 05:14:10 AM »
Robert, when I was looking at the gallery of pictures over at SciFi, there was a picture of Bob holding Harry's hockey stick. After the Box O'Doom, I sure hope that Bob won't be the giver of all things magic to Harry, because Harry made his own magical stuff in the books. Is Bob going to endow the hockey stick with some sort of magic for Harry?

(I won't see tonight's episode till tomorrow - I have to be out of the house at a horrifically early hour tomorrow, so please forgive me if that scene is in "Boone Identity." If so, I'll modify this question.

Offline Robert Wolfe

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • ExIsle Net
« Reply #110 on: January 29, 2007, 06:21:39 AM »
Robert, when I was looking at the gallery of pictures over at SciFi, there was a picture of Bob holding Harry's hockey stick. After the Box O'Doom, I sure hope that Bob won't be the giver of all things magic to Harry, because Harry made his own magical stuff in the books. Is Bob going to endow the hockey stick with some sort of magic for Harry?

Bob holding the hockey stick?  Not possible.  Harry made it himself and Bob can't touch stuff anyway.  Must be a posed pic or something.

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #111 on: January 29, 2007, 06:28:05 AM »

Bob holding the hockey stick?  Not possible.  Harry made it himself and Bob can't touch stuff anyway.  Must be a posed pic or something.

For your reference:

Offline Kali

• Posty McPostington
  • Redhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 29, 2007, 11:36:07 AM »
Hm. They're in a morgue...

Bob, you naughty ghost!
We don't get just one life.  We get as many as we can cram into one lifetime.

Visit my page! JessaLynch.com

Offline Mickey Finn

• Encyclopedia Salesman at the Gates of Mordor --- http://tinyurl.com/Amazon-Page-for-Finn
  • White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Moderator, Thematic Consultant for Comic
    • View Profile
    • Amazon Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 29, 2007, 02:42:05 PM »
Ok, that's an action shot. Interesting.

Robert, a co-worker of mine swears he saw Melissa in the Hair of the Dog preview. Should we brace ourselves for a continuity glitch due to out-of-order airing, or is he on crack?
We are not nouns. We are VERBS. -Stephen Fry
The Universe is made of stories, not of atoms. -Muriel Rukeyser

Podcast: http://thegentlemennerds.com/

Wormwood Mysteries:
"All The Pretty Little Horses" http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00W8FE3FS 
"Sign of the Times" http://tinyurl.com/DirtyMagick

Offline Robert Wolfe

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • ExIsle Net
« Reply #114 on: January 29, 2007, 02:55:34 PM »
Robert, a co-worker of mine swears he saw Melissa in the Hair of the Dog preview. Should we brace ourselves for a continuity glitch due to out-of-order airing, or is he on crack?

I'd check his "tabacco" very carefully.

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #115 on: January 29, 2007, 03:38:12 PM »

On the other hand, that rockin' VFX article showed Bob having the ability to change his appearance--he can even make himself look like Harry.  It's not too big a leap of logic to assume he can manifest other noncorporeal items, like a representation of Harry's staff.

Offline Amber

• Posty McPostington
  • Enchanted Storm
    • View Profile
    • My Own Message Board
« Reply #116 on: January 29, 2007, 05:08:26 PM »

I'd check his "tabacco" very carefully.

I know the woman he's talking about.  I thought she was Melissa at first, too.  I paused and checked.  Very similar looking.
"I am among those who think that science has great beauty. A scientist in his laboratory is not only a technician: he is also a child placed before natural phenomena which impress him like a fairy tale."
- Marie Curie

Offline Amber

• Posty McPostington
  • Enchanted Storm
    • View Profile
    • My Own Message Board
« Reply #117 on: January 29, 2007, 05:09:05 PM »

On the other hand, that rockin' VFX article showed Bob having the ability to change his appearance--he can even make himself look like Harry.  It's not too big a leap of logic to assume he can manifest other noncorporeal items, like a representation of Harry's staff.

Or maybe Harry can look like Bob with the right spell/potion?
"I am among those who think that science has great beauty. A scientist in his laboratory is not only a technician: he is also a child placed before natural phenomena which impress him like a fairy tale."
- Marie Curie

Offline Abstruse

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace Page
« Reply #118 on: January 29, 2007, 07:00:08 PM »
Or maybe it's just taken out of context.  Someone gets Harry's staff from him, Bob provokes them, they swing at him and he tries to block it.  In the still, it looks like he catches it.  The episode might have it fly right through him.

The Abstruse One
Darryl Mott Jr.

Offline Cleric and Black Knight

• Participant
  • The only Wizard up North.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 30, 2007, 12:59:20 AM »
I was wondering, is the reason we haven't seen Harry with his staff or blasting rod in the first two episodes because he hasn't finished making them yet?
Make your choice, adventurous Stranger;

Strike the bell and bide the danger,

Or wonder, till it drives you mad,

What would have followed if you had.