The Dresden Files > DF TV Series

The SPOILERIFIC Ask Robert Wolfe Thread-The Series, in General

(1/64) > >>

Mickey Finn:
 I thought I'd create a thread specifically aimed at Robert to check when he can, in order for some questions to avoid being buried in time.

However, we have to be careful and not flood this thread with random questions. So, rules of this thread:

1) No questions obviously aimed at plot points that will be revealed later in the show.

2) Nothing personal, in this thread. This is for Dresden Files TV show questions, only. If he deviates, well, he's allowed.

3) Don't discuss or derail the thread. If you want to discuss something he's said, make your own thread and quote him.  He can come in that thread and discuss it with you...the point of this thread isn't a one-stop shop for all things Robert, but simply a place where he can see  questions and answer them. If we get into discussions, this thread will wander all over the place (something I normally don't mind, but this thread is an exception).

4) Please do your homework before asking a question...see if you can find the answers elsewhere, first. Unlike some, I do not mind when someone new to the boards asks a question that's been discussed to death, but if an answer is readily answerable elsewhere, then it's a waste of breath in this particular thread. Please also note that there's a FAQ forum near the top of this board. At the time of this writing, it's a tad threadbare, but it is growing.
http://www.jim-butcher.com/bb/index.php/topic,430.new.html#new

5) Bear in mind he may choose to be obtuse or outright not answer a question. He has a show to protect.

Robert Wolfe:

--- Quote from: Mickey Finn on January 18, 2007, 09:57:11 PM ---5) Bear in mind he may choose to be obtuse or outright not answer a question. He has a show to protect.

--- End quote ---

I may also be snarky.  I have a high quotient of snark.  I only make one promise.  I promise never to say "Don't make me hunt you down and bitch-slap you" to anyone who posts questions for me or comments about my work on the internet. At least, not again.*

* Okay, there was that one time.  And I didn't mean it.  And it all worked out.

cbmurphy:
OK, then, a question (well, two) about the series before it hits the airwaves:

* How & when will it be determined whether the series is picked up to continue for second and consecutive seasons?

and related to that

* How might we as viewers best support the show to help ensure that we might enjoy second and consecutive seasons?

So far, I like what I little I have seen of the Dresden Files as a series, and certainly am avidly supporting the books from which it has been derived.  However this is me speaking as someone who has felt burned by television networks in general and the Sci-Fi channel in particular.  I would rather not see this show go the way of Firefly or Farscape.

iago:

--- Quote from: cbmurphy on January 19, 2007, 02:02:44 PM ---So far, I like what I little I have seen of the Dresden Files as a series, and certainly am avidly supporting the books from which it has been derived.  However this is me speaking as someone who has felt burned by television networks in general and the Sci-Fi channel in particular.  I would rather not see this show go the way of Firefly or Farscape.

--- End quote ---

Let's make that "the way of Firefly", which never even got a full season.

Farscape, by contrast, while it did get a sudden and nasty cancellation, only got that after several years of full seasons getting aired.  Good ones, too.  So while the manner of its cancellation was objectionable, the fans did at least get a lot of episodes out of that time.  If the Dresden Files gets a similar number of years on the air, I honestly think that won't be so bad.  Would more be great?  Yes.  But I don't necessarily hold Farscape as the low water mark.

kimluvs2read:
I didn't support Firefly, and never watched Farscape. I watched all of Firefly on DVD though and that show had so much potential, FOX was just stupid to not give it a better chance and more advertising.

But I am supporting and watching and telling anyone who will listen to watch The Dresden Files on SCIFI at 9pm on Sunday nights!

So I am hoping I am not the only one doing this, so the show will get a ten year run, at least!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version