Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1103018 times)

Offline Bluebeard

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #1140 on: July 16, 2010, 09:57:46 PM »
It would be awesome to have del toro do designs for all the supernatural beings.  ;D

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1141 on: July 16, 2010, 11:06:05 PM »

M. Night Shyamalan (The Last Airbender) :P

No. No. No. No. NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!

In short -- No.
Murphy: "Maybe you know the monsters, Martin. But I know the guy who stops them."

Dresden: "Don't call me a dinosaur. It isn't fair to the dinosaurs. What did a dinosaur ever do to you?"

Dresden: "Hell's holy stars and freaking stones shit bells."

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline Vash the white

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: July 16, 2010, 11:09:33 PM »
No. No. No. No. NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!

In short -- No.
An amazing director, but no, and i am not interested to see that film, and if he did dresden i would be dispointed
"THIS WORLD IS MADE OF! LOVE AND PEACE!LOVE AND PEACE!"

Offline Bluebeard

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: July 16, 2010, 11:30:02 PM »
I'm sorry, but Shymalan an amazing director? Sixth Sense, and Unbreakable were his only really, good films. Signs was okay. The Village and Lady in the Water were bad. Then came the Happening, and he lost the little credibility he had. Airbender has pretty much condemned his film career if you ask me.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: July 16, 2010, 11:54:15 PM »
I've never understood the hoopla over M. Night Shamalamadingdong's films. They're... meh. Freaky weird for the sake of being freaky weird. Put the freaky weird in service of the story and I'll dig it, but... eurgh.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Bluebeard

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: July 17, 2010, 12:34:20 AM »

This is old news, but man, I like Jim's choice of Clancy Brown to play Morgan. He's like 6'3, and has the voice for the role and everything.

Offline Vash the white

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: July 17, 2010, 01:23:30 AM »
You have to ad,it that the plot of lady in the water was pretty good, and it was an alright movie, the villiage was a  decent movie, it actuslly scared me. as for the happening, that i enjoyed (im an enviormentlist...so yeah. and my drunk friend peeing his pants made it awesome) it wasnt the best written, but i enjoyed it. it was a good lots watch things die. the probablem with M. night is, he cannot advertize for crap. he dressed up lady in the water as a horror, and he built up the happening way to much. although del toro, lynch, nolan, and cameron are waaaay better. although cameron while awesome, also cannot write all that well. luc besson is also amazing

Offline Bluebeard

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: July 17, 2010, 01:40:25 AM »
You have to ad,it that the plot of lady in the water was pretty good, and it was an alright movie, the villiage was a  decent movie, it actuslly scared me. as for the happening, that i enjoyed (im an enviormentlist...so yeah. and my drunk friend peeing his pants made it awesome) it wasnt the best written, but i enjoyed it. it was a good lots watch things die. the probablem with M. night is, he cannot advertize for crap. he dressed up lady in the water as a horror, and he built up the happening way to much. although del toro, lynch, nolan, and cameron are waaaay better. although cameron while awesome, also cannot write all that well. luc besson is also amazing

I want bash what you're saying simply because I respect your opinion. I just don't really like M. Night's movies (despite the fact that I always watch them). I didn't go see Airbender though, mainly because it got negative reviews like most of his recent films and I heard it sucked from a friend.

I've also been trying to find an actor who could play Martin. Then it hit me. Who is the most bland, unemotional man in hollywood?

Keanu Reeves of course.

Offline miketh

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: July 17, 2010, 02:06:49 AM »
You know, Reeves does have the face that I've always pictured for Martin.

Offline Bluebeard

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: July 17, 2010, 02:16:23 AM »
You know, Reeves does have the face that I've always pictured for Martin.
I was sort of joking around when I first thought of him as Martin, but then thought of Reeves. The role would be a piece of cake for him. He acts bland in the movies where he is supposed to be exciting.  ;D

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1150 on: July 17, 2010, 02:28:28 AM »
I want bash what you're saying simply because I respect your opinion. I just don't really like M. Night's movies (despite the fact that I always watch them). I didn't go see Airbender though, mainly because it got negative reviews like most of his recent films and I heard it sucked from a friend.

I've also been trying to find an actor who could play Martin. Then it hit me. Who is the most bland, unemotional man in hollywood?

Keanu Reeves of course.

Oh. Dear. God.

And I saw Airbender. And it made me weep on the inside. The cartoon, and all of the original characters in the cartoon are crying havoc. I liked The Sixth Sense when it came out, though that was only because Bruce Willis amuses me, and I like watching him. But I don't think I've watching a single M. Night movie except for Signs since then. They just all looked so stupid.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 02:31:46 AM by tiny[but]fierce »
Murphy: "Maybe you know the monsters, Martin. But I know the guy who stops them."

Dresden: "Don't call me a dinosaur. It isn't fair to the dinosaurs. What did a dinosaur ever do to you?"

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1151 on: July 17, 2010, 02:32:49 AM »

This is old news, but man, I like Jim's choice of Clancy Brown to play Morgan. He's like 6'3, and has the voice for the role and everything.

Dude, I can swing with this. Just make him grow his hair out, and get him some Just For Men Touch Of Grey for when he does :D

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1152 on: July 17, 2010, 02:37:18 AM »
An amazing director, but no, and i am not interested to see that film, and if he did dresden i would be dispointed

If ANY one thinks to tap him to do Dresden, lo will I cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war on Hollywood. I WILL HURT SOMEONE. No one, least of all some dumbass Hollywood exec and a filmmaker that apparently doesn't know what he's really doing, is going to ruin my favorite book series, dammit!

*reins in the rage and breathes*

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline Bluebeard

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: July 17, 2010, 03:01:31 AM »
Unbreakable was Shymalan's best movie IMO, besides Sixth Sense. It's seriously underrated...

Offline Vash the white

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: July 17, 2010, 03:09:39 AM »

Keanu Reeves of course.
i can totaly see this