Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1102854 times)

Offline Jaeh

• Posty McPostington
  • Lol AWOL
    • View Profile
    • Everything's Platonic
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #1110 on: July 14, 2010, 04:12:20 AM »
Definitely. I love Helena Bonham Carter and it would be great to have her in Dresden Files movies. Mavra would certainly be the best for her, but she could probably do Mab pretty well too.
I don't know. I can't imagine her as Mab. :-? She doesn't scream chilly to me. Scary as hell, maybe. I vote Mavra for her, yeah.
DV Jaeh v1.0 YR0.83 FR0.75 BK+ JB TH++ WG+++ CL++ SW BC- ?MC RP FF++- SH[Murphy+++++ Molly-]
I'm a classic narcissist - there's just nothing to be narcissistic about.

Offline Bluebeard

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: July 14, 2010, 04:50:42 AM »
She's perfect for Mavra. I don't see her as Mab, though.

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1112 on: July 14, 2010, 05:23:54 AM »
Howzabout we cast Eliza Dushku in a role and make this a real Whedonverse reunion movie? What do you say? Who says:

Elaine?
Maeve?
Queen Mab herself?
Lara?
Georgia?
Murphy: "Maybe you know the monsters, Martin. But I know the guy who stops them."

Dresden: "Don't call me a dinosaur. It isn't fair to the dinosaurs. What did a dinosaur ever do to you?"

Dresden: "Hell's holy stars and freaking stones shit bells."

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline Bluebeard

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: July 14, 2010, 01:31:51 PM »
Howzabout we cast Eliza Dushku in a role and make this a real Whedonverse reunion movie? What do you say? Who says:

Elaine?
Maeve?
Queen Mab herself?
Lara?
Georgia?

I think Eliza could do Elaine. I wanted to cast her somewhere in here, along with maybe Charisma Carpenter.

Alyson Hannigan could probably do Andi.

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1114 on: July 14, 2010, 02:31:15 PM »
I think Eliza could do Elaine. I wanted to cast her somewhere in here, along with maybe Charisma Carpenter.

Alyson Hannigan could probably do Andi.

Hah, it'd probably be fun for Aly to play a werewolf since she spent so many years on BtVS dating one :)

And I'd love for Charisma to be a part of the cast! Maybe we can get her to be Lara?

And my very first thought for Eliza was for her to portray Elaine. Which is really funny to me, b/c I have Alexis Denisof playing Harry.

By the way, I'm still wibbling about my decision for Murphy, but I think I'm leaning hardcore toward SMG.
Murphy: "Maybe you know the monsters, Martin. But I know the guy who stops them."

Dresden: "Don't call me a dinosaur. It isn't fair to the dinosaurs. What did a dinosaur ever do to you?"

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline Bluebeard

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: July 14, 2010, 03:12:07 PM »
Hah, it'd probably be fun for Aly to play a werewolf since she spent so many years on BtVS dating one :)

And I'd love for Charisma to be a part of the cast! Maybe we can get her to be Lara?

And my very first thought for Eliza was for her to portray Elaine. Which is really funny to me, b/c I have Alexis Denisof playing Harry.

By the way, I'm still wibbling about my decision for Murphy, but I think I'm leaning hardcore toward SMG.

Man, Allyson fits Andi's description perfectly. Even though, she has a very small part, it would be fun to see it.

maybeee, I don't really see Charisma as Lara, though, but I don't remember any other suggest for the role.

Eliza as Elaine is sort of perfect, IMO.

As for Murphy, I want to say SMG, but I'm thinking Kristen Bell, nao.

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
  • Take two tablets and call me in the morning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: July 14, 2010, 04:05:27 PM »
I guess I am not a big Whedon fan. Not saying I have anything against it, I just never really got into any of his stuff. I watched maybe 30 of the 144 episodes of BtVS. I never watched Firefly, and I saw maybe one or two episodes of both Angel and Dollhouse. It's not that I didn't like them, just never got into them.

With that said. I would not like to see a Dresden Movie cast with the frequent Whedon actors. Not to mention that we are comparing a TV show cast to a Movie Cast. Granted most these actors have faired well on the silver screen, I would like to see a new mix of characters that can't really be associated with a group of unrelated characters.

I am glad that a couple people actually like my Kristen Bell pick for Murphy though even I admit she seems just slightly young. But I admit SMG would be a good choice too.

I don't see Charisma as Lara at all. I kind of have Famke Janssen pegged here. Or maybe Kate Beckinsale though that choice would obviously be heavily influenced by her role in Underworld.

I like Eliza Dushku, she isn't quite how I pictured Elaine, but it could work, IMO it depends on who plays Harry, and the chemistry between the two actors.

Alyson Hannigan.....YES! I have always been a fan, American Pie though, not really because of BtVS. Something about her really strikes me, but Ally is married to Alexis Denisof, this really would turn into a Whedonverse reunion.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 04:17:49 PM by MoSeS_ »

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1117 on: July 14, 2010, 04:42:08 PM »
Heh, MoSeS_ you have to remember that JB is a Whedonhead, too. And ultimately, I make the suggestions, but bow down before his choices :) He wants Alexis Denisof to play Harry? Then Alexis is on my personal fan list. I just think it'd be comedic to have his wife and former costar, plus all his other former costars making cameos and the like :)

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
  • Take two tablets and call me in the morning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: July 14, 2010, 04:52:26 PM »
Heh, MoSeS_ you have to remember that JB is a Whedonhead, too. And ultimately, I make the suggestions, but bow down before his choices :) He wants Alexis Denisof to play Harry? Then Alexis is on my personal fan list. I just think it'd be comedic to have his wife and former costar, plus all his other former costars making cameos and the like :)

It would be comedic, that's what I would be afraid of.

I realize Dream Casting is just for the fun of it, hence my African-American Cast(which is awsome BTW) and Asian Cast.

At the same time though I am thinking if they really released a movie in theaters with the Whedonverse cast, it would bomb. I am not saying that in a malicious way, but honestly Whedonverse and Dresdenverse are both cult followings, and that cast would not draw in the General Public which would make this a blockbuster bust rather than a hit, and it would probably end the movie franchise right there.

I kind of went into related detail about a potential movie trailer in the "fan film" trailer script thread posted yesterday.

Point being it would be NEAT to see that cast, but also potentially fatal to a potential movie franchise.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 05:31:35 PM by MoSeS_ »

Offline Jaeh

• Posty McPostington
  • Lol AWOL
    • View Profile
    • Everything's Platonic
« Reply #1119 on: July 15, 2010, 02:44:44 PM »
I get it. My mental image of murph is Mariska Hargitay.

sort of. it comes from watching too much Law and Order SVU >.<
DV Jaeh v1.0 YR0.83 FR0.75 BK+ JB TH++ WG+++ CL++ SW BC- ?MC RP FF++- SH[Murphy+++++ Molly-]

Offline CHAR2056

• Conversationalist
  • I am Grey. I stand between the candle and the star
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: July 15, 2010, 06:49:11 PM »
This thought pop in my head and I need to purge it so I'm giving it to all of you.

For Dresden have James Caviezel, so when they do Dead Beat we have Jesus riding a dinosaur. :P
I've heard the promises I've seen the mistakes I've had my fair share of tough breaks.
I need a new voice, a new law, a new way.
Take the time, reevaluate it's time to pick up the pieces, go back to square one.
I think it's time for a change.
*Take the Time* - Dream Theater

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1121 on: July 15, 2010, 10:56:33 PM »
This thought pop in my head and I need to purge it so I'm giving it to all of you.

For Dresden have James Caviezel, so when they do Dead Beat we have Jesus riding a dinosaur. :P

*dies*

Oh my God. LOL.

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline Jaeh

• Posty McPostington
  • Lol AWOL
    • View Profile
    • Everything's Platonic
« Reply #1122 on: July 16, 2010, 12:32:22 AM »

O.O

xD xD

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1123 on: July 16, 2010, 01:50:22 AM »

Point being it would be NEAT to see that cast, but also potentially fatal to a potential movie franchise.

And all of this would be why half of the actors and actresses we have listed would never be chosen.

But still, there's nothing wrong with fantasy casting. A bunch of people have said they've wanted James Marsters to portray a role in the movie, whether it's as Harry, or Bob or someone else, and yet again, Marsters has a large role in the Whedonverse. Never mind the fact that Marsters as Harry is never going to happen (unless he willingly wears lifts to achieve the right height :-\ ), he has fans, and people want to associate his face and voice with a character they love that he portrays, even if he only portrays it in an audio book.

And there's nothing wrong with it being comedic, just so long as the comedy doesn't overtake the majority theme and urgency of the movie. So here's hoping M. Night Shyamalan is never tapped to direct it, because based on what he did with The Last Airbender, comedy isn't even a factor.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 01:52:14 AM by tiny[but]fierce »

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline Bluebeard

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: July 16, 2010, 02:21:24 AM »
Well hey, at least we know it would be Alexis Denisof as Harry and Erica Cera as Susan.  :)