Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1112403 times)

Offline Bluebeard

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #990 on: July 08, 2010, 07:00:16 PM »
Everyone that reads Dresden Files would probably like True Blood, it's got vamps (not the sparkly kind), and shifters, werewolves, etc. Great show IMO, it's better than the Dresden Files TV show.

*albeit I never read the Sookie Stackhouse novels, and I read Dresden Files way before seeing the TV show.

Come to think of it, I think Charmed and Buffy were also better shows.  :P

I might watch it one day, my brother is a big fan of it...

Buffy (and Angel) was an awesome series. Never really watched Charmed besides about three episodes. I also like Supernatural, a lot.

Eisha Cuthbert as Murphy? What do you guys think? She was in 24, as Kim Bauer...
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 07:27:57 PM by Bluebeard »

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
  • Take two tablets and call me in the morning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: July 08, 2010, 07:51:52 PM »
That crossed my mind but she is a little young, and though I think she is smokin' hot, I don't think she is that strong of an actress.

I think she would be better for like a Lasciel or something like that, there again I don't know if she could pull off the "Temptress" but she didn't do soo bad with that in Girl Next Door.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 08:07:16 PM by MoSeS_ »

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #992 on: July 09, 2010, 03:03:18 AM »

I would like to see Christian Kane as Kincaid, but isn't Kincaid blonde in the books?

I... I-I.... guh.

*blink*

I'm sorry, I utterly lost control of my mouth for a minute. And my eyes. And my tongue. And pretty much my mind.

And I could actually see CK playing Kincaid, since he's Eliot Spencer on Leverage and gets to beat the crap out of everything (a long cry from his days as Lindsey McDonald on Angel), but yes, Kincaid is blonde in the books. He's described as having 'golden blonde hair' that he occasionally wears tied back in a ponytail.
Murphy: "Maybe you know the monsters, Martin. But I know the guy who stops them."

Dresden: "Don't call me a dinosaur. It isn't fair to the dinosaurs. What did a dinosaur ever do to you?"

Dresden: "Hell's holy stars and freaking stones shit bells."

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline Bluebeard

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: July 09, 2010, 04:56:19 AM »

I... I-I.... guh.

*blink*

I'm sorry, I utterly lost control of my mouth for a minute. And my eyes. And my tongue. And pretty much my mind.

And I could actually see CK playing Kincaid, since he's Eliot Spencer on Leverage and gets to beat the crap out of everything (a long cry from his days as Lindsey McDonald on Angel), but yes, Kincaid is blonde in the books. He's described as having 'golden blonde hair' that he occasionally wears tied back in a ponytail.

Hmm, they could dye his hair for that. Skarsgard looks the part, though.

Hasn't CK had a ponytail before, though?

Offline miketh

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: July 09, 2010, 05:33:38 AM »
While on the topic of Fool Moon, who agrees with Hugh Jackman for Harly MacFinn?  He fits Harry's "overly masculine" stereotype fairly well, IMHO.

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #995 on: July 09, 2010, 05:41:14 AM »
Hmm, they could dye his hair for that. Skarsgard looks the part, though.

Hasn't CK had a ponytail before, though?

It's not at a really good angle to see it, but yes, his hair's in a ponytail. This also happens to be CK's Big Bad look :)
Murphy: "Maybe you know the monsters, Martin. But I know the guy who stops them."

Dresden: "Don't call me a dinosaur. It isn't fair to the dinosaurs. What did a dinosaur ever do to you?"

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #996 on: July 09, 2010, 05:43:57 AM »
While on the topic of Fool Moon, who agrees with Hugh Jackman for Harly MacFinn?  He fits Harry's "overly masculine" stereotype fairly well, IMHO.

Did you mean Harley the second time?

Well. Given that Harley becomes an incredibly large, hairy, frightening wolf animal in Fool Moon, and Jackman has actually played a wolfman before (I'm not talking about the incredibly hairy, incredibly awesome Wolverine, although that was a treat; I'm talking about the CGI werewolf that he "became" in Van Helsing), I wouldn't say no to it :)

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline DrkHoax

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: July 09, 2010, 11:40:16 AM »
The Only reason I picked Jared Leto for Thomas is you need to find someone who just isnt OMG to girls, but someone that also a guy can say, yeah he is decent looking. 

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: July 09, 2010, 01:25:21 PM »
Who else provides comic relief besides Harry? I can't really remember anyone else at the moment.
Anyhow I was watching something with Sean William Scott in it last night and I forgot how much I like him, and I was trying to think of who he could play in the Dresden cast.

Offline jbigelow22

• Participant
  • Bob knows best
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: July 09, 2010, 02:51:58 PM »
Rudolf the Brown Nose

Offline miketh

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: July 09, 2010, 02:58:01 PM »
Did you mean Harley the second time?

Well. Given that Harley becomes an incredibly large, hairy, frightening wolf animal in Fool Moon, and Jackman has actually played a wolfman before (I'm not talking about the incredibly hairy, incredibly awesome Wolverine, although that was a treat; I'm talking about the CGI werewolf that he "became" in Van Helsing), I wouldn't say no to it :)
No, I meant that Harry describes him in his mind as 'overly masculine', which fits Jackman very well.  And I absolutely loved Van Helsing, I wish that it could have become a series as intentioned  :-\

As for Sean William Scott - he could be Ramirez, of course :P

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: July 09, 2010, 03:37:52 PM »
No, I meant that Harry describes him in his mind as 'overly masculine', which fits Jackman very well.  And I absolutely loved Van Helsing, I wish that it could have become a series as intentioned  :-\

OMG you loved Van Helsing........I had high hopes for it but I now have the opposite of love for that movie, it was terrible. Don't get me wrong, I love Jackman and Beckinsale, I was just very dissapointed in the dialogue and storyline of the Van Helsing movie. Especially when they start the movie off with him chasing Mr Hyde so soon after LXG movie. Also why is Frankenstein's monster act like a big teddy bear. And why is that Dracula is so pissed about losing a finger, and how come we don't see that he is missing it until the end, and if he can morph clothing why the hell can't he morph a finger. And the ridiculous scene where they had to unecessarily throw the syringe when they were just going to meet up on the other side of the bridge anyways. And worst of all an Angel bumped his head and got amnesia and turns into a werewolf. Really!?! Just an awful awful movie!

Great cinematography, costume design, and special effects at least.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 03:45:36 PM by MoSeS_ »

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1002 on: July 09, 2010, 03:44:08 PM »
Who else provides comic relief besides Harry? I can't really remember anyone else at the moment.
Anyhow I was watching something with Sean William Scott in it last night and I forgot how much I like him, and I was trying to think of who he could play in the Dresden cast.

Make him dye his hair darker, and he could play Billy :)

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: July 09, 2010, 03:47:07 PM »
Make him dye his hair darker, and he could play Billy :)

I thought about that, but Sean William Scott is a little to old to play Billy, and I already had Billy pegged as Emile Hirsch.

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1004 on: July 09, 2010, 03:50:46 PM »
No, I meant that Harry describes him in his mind as 'overly masculine', which fits Jackman very well.

Heh. That's one way to describe him.

Someone needs to create an emoticon with Jim's trademark fishhook eyebrow dealie :)

In Butcher We Trust.