Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1103159 times)

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
  • Take two tablets and call me in the morning.
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #975 on: July 08, 2010, 01:17:24 PM »

Although, Alexis Denisof is perfect for Dresden and I'm glad Jim picked him, my second choice for Dresden would be Michael Weatherly. The guy is hilarious if you've ever watched NCIS, and he does tend to tower over his fellow castmates because he's 6'2.  ;D

I am not familiar with this actor, but he also looks kind of too pretty/clean cut for Harry. Maybe another Thomas candidate. I would have to see this guy with some facial hair maybe.

I agree with Denisof for Harry because he is handsome but not really pretty IMO.

Offline Bluebeard

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: July 08, 2010, 02:55:28 PM »
I am not familiar with this actor, but he also looks kind of too pretty/clean cut for Harry. Maybe another Thomas candidate. I would have to see this guy with some facial hair maybe.

I agree with Denisof for Harry because he is handsome but not really pretty IMO.

http://imstars.aufeminin.com/stars/fan/michael-weatherly/michael-weatherly-20080607-421050.jpg

A picture with more facial hair...

I'm looking for an actress to play Murphy, but no one really fits into the ideal image...

I like Morena Baccarin as Bianca. She can do a totally alien role because she's always played rather off character and recently played the leader of the aliens in V/

« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 03:10:17 PM by Bluebeard »

Offline Warden John Marcone

• Seriously?
  • Shooting first and Cracking wise
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #977 on: July 08, 2010, 04:43:15 PM »
Seconded.

And Michael Weatherly was able to do the serious role too, as the "Eyes Only" dude from Dark Angel.
The moribund equine has been more than sufficiently flagellated.

Offline Bluebeard

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: July 08, 2010, 05:12:29 PM »
Seconded.

And Michael Weatherly was able to do the serious role too, as the "Eyes Only" dude from Dark Angel.

I had forgotten about Dark Angel.  :D

Offline Uilos

• Posty McPostington
  • The Snark Side of the Force
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: July 08, 2010, 05:30:34 PM »
For some reason, I see Mia Wasikowska as what Ivy would look like in the second half of the series.

Quote from: Shecky
It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning. It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion.

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: July 08, 2010, 05:57:05 PM »
For some reason, I see Mia Wasikowska as what Ivy would look like in the second half of the series.

Sure, except Mia Wasikowska is 20 years old and Ivy is 7, and I realize you said second half of series, but it's still not a logical choice considering the huge age difference.

Offline Uilos

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: July 08, 2010, 05:59:30 PM »
Sure, except Mia Wasikowska is 20 years old and Ivy is 7, and I realize you said second half of series, but it's still not a logical choice considering the huge age difference.

Ivy is roughly twelve by Small Favors, she is introduced as being 7
It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning. It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion.

Offline Bluebeard

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: July 08, 2010, 06:13:16 PM »

I would like to see Christian Kane as Kincaid, but isn't Kincaid blonde in the books?

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: July 08, 2010, 06:19:01 PM »
Ivy is roughly twelve by Small Favors, she is introduced as being 7

You are correct, I still think it's a huge age gap though. A 20 year old playing a 7 year old circa Death Mask or even a 12 year old circa Small Favors.

Now if we aren't doing realistic casting, for example time traveling, then yeah I would say she has the look.

But in reality if the casted the movies right now Mia Wasikowska would be way too old.

Now Chloe Moretz on the other hand is 13 right now (vs Mia @20) and would make a perfect Ivy. Granted it's still cutting it close at this point.

Another good suggestion earlier in this thread was Morgan Lily age 10.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 06:27:39 PM by MoSeS_ »

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: July 08, 2010, 06:20:35 PM »
I would like to see Christian Kane as Kincaid, but isn't Kincaid blonde in the books?

He could die his hair, but I don't really get the "Hellhound" vibe from this guy anyhow.

Offline Bluebeard

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: July 08, 2010, 06:29:51 PM »
He could die his hair, but I don't really get the "Hellhound" vibe from this guy anyhow.

I picked Kane because on Leverage, he's the 'Hitter', sort of a mercenary-for-hire. So I thought he could pull off Kincaid's role.

Yeah, I think Chloe Moretz is perfect for Ivy.

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: July 08, 2010, 06:36:24 PM »
I picked Kane because on Leverage, he's the 'Hitter', sort of a mercenary-for-hire. So I thought he could pull off Kincaid's role.

That makes sense.

However, Timothy Olyphant also played a "Hitman" and most of us still regret that.

My choice is Alexander Skarsgard, he is awesome on True Blood. And I didn't watch Generation Kill, but he was apparently awesome on that show as well.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 06:40:31 PM by MoSeS_ »

Offline Bluebeard

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: July 08, 2010, 06:41:35 PM »
That makes sense.

However, Timothy Olyphant also played a "Hitman" and most of us still regret that.

My choice is Alexander Skarsgard, he is awesome on True Blood. And I didn't watch Generation Kill, but he was apparently awesome on that show as well.

Haha, I remember Hitman. That was terrible.  >:(

Skarsgard does sort of look like the ideal image of Kincaid. He's got the blonde hair and everything, don't watch much true blood, though...

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: July 08, 2010, 06:45:57 PM »
Everyone that reads Dresden Files would probably like True Blood, it's got vamps (not the sparkly kind), and shifters, werewolves, etc. Great show IMO, it's better than the Dresden Files TV show.

*albeit I never read the Sookie Stackhouse novels, and I read Dresden Files way before seeing the TV show.

Come to think of it, I think Charmed and Buffy were also better shows.  :P
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 06:49:07 PM by MoSeS_ »

Offline Uilos

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: July 08, 2010, 06:49:28 PM »
Everyone that reads Dresden Files would probably like True Blood, it's got vamps (not the sparkly kind), and shifters, werewolves, etc. Great show IMO, it's better than the Dresden Files TV show.

*albeit I never read the Sookie Stackhouse novels, and I read Dresden Files way before seeing the TV show.

Also, one of the Sookie Stackhouse novels makes an oblique reference to Harry, I believe