Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1102989 times)

Offline sjmcc13

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #960 on: July 07, 2010, 04:35:47 PM »
Molly - Now I'm showing my ignorance... was she in the movies? I have no idea who you're talking about, seriously. All I know about who has to play Molly is that she's supposed to be naturally blonde (with the willingness to dye her hair with colors not normally found in nature), and she has to be 'tall and built like the proverbial brick house'... just like whoever is cast to play Charity. Except younger.
I think the reference is to Ellen Page

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #961 on: July 07, 2010, 05:05:24 PM »
I think the reference is to Ellen Page

Oh. Ohhhhh, I see. I was confused, because there actually was a character in the XMen comics named Paige. (Yes I looked this up.) Ellen Page as Molly? If she's willing to go blonde, I'm all for it :)
Murphy: "Maybe you know the monsters, Martin. But I know the guy who stops them."

Dresden: "Don't call me a dinosaur. It isn't fair to the dinosaurs. What did a dinosaur ever do to you?"

Dresden: "Hell's holy stars and freaking stones shit bells."

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline Atanvarno

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: July 07, 2010, 05:29:16 PM »
Insofar as Molly's hair is rarely (only) blonde, I don't have a problem with Ellen Page not being blonde either. I Page a lot. She could definitely pull off the Grasshopper.

I like both Marks, Strong and Sheppard. I don't think of Nicodemus as being much like Badger, though.

Sienna Miller is a big, fat, honking NO! Under no circumstances should that talentless, boring shrew be allowed anywhere near the Dresdenverse. Ever.

What about Weatherly as Kincaid?

I like some of DrkHoax's suggestions a great deal, but I really, really want to switch Hugh Laurie to Morgan, and Alan Rickman to Bob. Jared Leto bores me, so he can't get my vote for Thomas, I'm afraid.

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #963 on: July 07, 2010, 05:41:17 PM »
Insofar as Molly's hair is rarely (only) blonde, I don't have a problem with Ellen Page not being blonde either. I Page a lot. She could definitely pull off the Grasshopper.

Well, she'll go blonde at some point, lol. Her hair in Changes was her natural color, plus dark green streaks.

Now, who looks enough like Ellen to play Charity?
Murphy: "Maybe you know the monsters, Martin. But I know the guy who stops them."

Dresden: "Don't call me a dinosaur. It isn't fair to the dinosaurs. What did a dinosaur ever do to you?"

Dresden: "Hell's holy stars and freaking stones shit bells."

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
  • Take two tablets and call me in the morning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: July 07, 2010, 05:55:26 PM »
I can't stand Ellen Page.

But it's because Juno was so overated and was a rip-off of a Korean movie Jeni Juno.

I liked Hard Candy, but everything since Juno it seems like she is that same character, and I hate her five-head.

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: July 07, 2010, 06:00:55 PM »
For Molly I like Deborah Ann Woll from True Blood.

At first I thought D. Fanning because she is the right age, but most everyone disagrees with that choice.

Third choice would be Amanda Seyfried.

Offline Bluebeard

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: July 07, 2010, 06:11:53 PM »
For Molly I like Deborah Ann Woll from True Blood.

At first I thought D. Fanning because she is the right age, but most everyone disagrees with that choice.

Third choice would be Amanda Seyfried.

Deborah Ann Woll would be good, but I don't think she could age with the role and Molly does start off really young.

Amanda Seyfried is a little too old, I think...

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: July 07, 2010, 06:54:34 PM »
Deborah Ann Woll would be good, but I don't think she could age with the role and Molly does start off really young.

Amanda Seyfried is a little too old, I think...

That's actually why I thought D. Fanning because both Woll and Seyfried are 25ish, but everyone seemed to shoot down the idea of 16 year old D Fanning even though Molly is 14 the first time she is introduced in the story.

Offline Warden John Marcone

• Seriously?
  • Shooting first and Cracking wise
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #968 on: July 07, 2010, 06:56:25 PM »
I like Weatherly.  Weatherly is awesome.  Michael Weatherly needs to be in here somewhere.  That being said.  Not Harry.  Marcone sure.  Not Harry.
The moribund equine has been more than sufficiently flagellated.

Offline Bluebeard

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: July 07, 2010, 07:18:17 PM »
That's actually why I thought D. Fanning because both Woll and Seyfried are 25ish, but everyone seemed to shoot down the idea of 16 year old D Fanning even though Molly is 14 the first time she is introduced in the story.

Meh, I don't like D. Fanning much, but she doesn't seem to look anything like how Molly is in the book... *shrug*

I'd go with Abigail Breslin, the girl from zombieland, because she's actually 14.  ;D

I like Weatherly.  Weatherly is awesome.  Michael Weatherly needs to be in here somewhere.  That being said.  Not Harry.  Marcone sure.  Not Harry.

Yeah, Weatherly could probably only do the humor part of the role, not the real badass stuff or emotional moments.

He has the look for Marcone, but I'm not exactly sure if he could do it...

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: July 07, 2010, 08:08:54 PM »
Meh, I don't like D. Fanning much, but she doesn't seem to look anything like how Molly is in the book... *shrug*
I'd go with Abigail Breslin, the girl from zombieland, because she's actually 14.  ;D

Abigail Breslin....hum. I would agree, but everyone shot down D Fanning because they felt she was "too small" and Breslin is even smaller.

And I guess no one has watched Push. D Fanning's character was pretty much exactly like Molly.

Offline Bluebeard

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: July 07, 2010, 08:24:17 PM »
Abigail Breslin....hum. I would agree, but everyone shot down D Fanning because they felt she was "too small" and Breslin is even smaller.

And I guess no one has watched Push. D Fanning's character was pretty much exactly like Molly.

Well remember, she would start out as 14 (Death Masks), and Breslin could possibly get bigger from there.

Or maybe I'm just not a big fan of D. Fanning. *shrug*

Offline Efialtis

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: July 08, 2010, 05:19:25 AM »
Just to throw a wrench in things...
How about Jonathan Rhys Meyers for Dresden?
Granted, not the greatest picture...but...?
--E--

Offline Jaeh

• Posty McPostington
  • Lol AWOL
    • View Profile
    • Everything's Platonic
« Reply #973 on: July 08, 2010, 10:02:40 AM »

Although, Alexis Denisof is perfect for Dresden and I'm glad Jim picked him, my second choice for Dresden would be Michael Weatherly. The guy is hilarious if you've ever watched NCIS, and he does tend to tower over his fellow castmates because he's 6'2.  ;D

Like this. It's either him or Alexis Denisof for me. xD
DV Jaeh v1.0 YR0.83 FR0.75 BK+ JB TH++ WG+++ CL++ SW BC- ?MC RP FF++- SH[Murphy+++++ Molly-]
I'm a classic narcissist - there's just nothing to be narcissistic about.

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: July 08, 2010, 01:10:15 PM »
Just to throw a wrench in things...
How about Jonathan Rhys Meyers for Dresden?
Granted, not the greatest picture...but...?

I think he would be more of a Thomas.

To good looking to be Harry.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 01:13:18 PM by MoSeS_ »