Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1102967 times)

Offline Warden John Marcone

• Seriously?
  • Shooting first and Cracking wise
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #945 on: July 06, 2010, 07:11:16 PM »
Um...no.  Not ugly enough.
The moribund equine has been more than sufficiently flagellated.

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
  • Take two tablets and call me in the morning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: July 06, 2010, 07:15:27 PM »
Um...no.  Not ugly enough.

I don't know, have you seen David Bowie lately. LOL

I was kidding about Bowie, I just remember that he played "Jareth the Goblin King" in Labyrinth.

Erlking is definitely Perlman.

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
  • Take two tablets and call me in the morning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: July 06, 2010, 07:20:40 PM »
I wish I had photoshop @ work. I never have time to photoshop anymore when I am @ home.

I would definitely get down on photoshoping some of these actors as these characters.

Offline jbigelow22

• Participant
  • Bob knows best
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: July 06, 2010, 10:57:28 PM »
Anyone see the picture of Kanye West at the BET awards with the staff and the overly large amulet? He would be perfect for Harry in a blaxploitation version of the  Dresden Files directed by Quentin Tarantino.

Offline Atanvarno

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: July 07, 2010, 03:21:04 AM »
The Erlking is one case where I thing the slightly impersonal effect of having CG character would be right. But I'd want somebody good for the voice part. Pearlman would be a gimme. How 'bout somebody less on-the-nose? Christopher Plummer? Paul Bettany Sir Anthony Hopkins? All three of those voices blended by a computer?

... Betty White?

Offline DrkHoax

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: July 07, 2010, 02:10:13 PM »
Harry - Neil Flynn (Wouldnt have thought of it, but after I read this... damn... fits)
Thomas - Jared Leto (Pretty Boy)
Bianca - Amy Lee of Evanesence
Ramierz - Wilmer Valderama
Marcone - Dude who plays the Devil in Reaper
Molly - Hard Choice, I would go with the Paige Chick from Xmen and Hard Candy
Ebenezer - Anthony Hopkins
Bob - Hugh Laurie, or Bruce Cambell
Morgan - Alan Rickman
Nicodemus - Christophen Walken Ala Prophecy

Just who I think (Posting again)

Offline Bluebeard

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: July 07, 2010, 02:39:50 PM »

Mark Sheppard for Nicodemus. With a little touching up, he could have the look together. He can definetly play as Nicodemus, since his entire acting career is mainly focused around playing dastardly, evil villains.

Mark Strong as Agent Denton. Mark Strong is really good at playing villains and he can pull off the whole look of a demented FBI werewolf guy.  ;D

Offline Jaeh

• Posty McPostington
  • Lol AWOL
    • View Profile
    • Everything's Platonic
« Reply #952 on: July 07, 2010, 02:43:07 PM »

Mark Strong as Agent Denton. Mark Strong is really good at playing villains and he can pull off the whole look of a demented FBI werewolf guy.  ;D

I'd cast Mark Strong as any villain in DF (you know, the scary guy ones...). He's awesome and kinda versatile, imo.
DV Jaeh v1.0 YR0.83 FR0.75 BK+ JB TH++ WG+++ CL++ SW BC- ?MC RP FF++- SH[Murphy+++++ Molly-]
I'm a classic narcissist - there's just nothing to be narcissistic about.

Offline Murphy's Stunt Double

• Needs A Life
  • Tiny... but fierce!
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: July 07, 2010, 02:45:51 PM »
Betty White for Mrs. Spunklecrief!
If you are up to no good, please do no good for me too, okay?   ;D

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #954 on: July 07, 2010, 02:48:07 PM »

Mark Sheppard for Nicodemus. With a little touching up, he could have the look together. He can definetly play as Nicodemus, since his entire acting career is mainly focused around playing dastardly, evil villains.

YESSSSS!!!!! I LOVE Mark Sheppard! He plays Crowley (the head-honcho Crossroads demon soul collector) on Supernatural, and Agent Sterling on Leverage, and he is absolutely freaking AWESOME! He would pull of Nicodemus without even trying!!

(In case you couldn't tell, Bluebeard, this suggestion excites me ;D)
Murphy: "Maybe you know the monsters, Martin. But I know the guy who stops them."

Dresden: "Don't call me a dinosaur. It isn't fair to the dinosaurs. What did a dinosaur ever do to you?"

Dresden: "Hell's holy stars and freaking stones shit bells."

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline Sihnon

• Participant
  • Battle School Grad
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: July 07, 2010, 02:54:55 PM »

Yeah for Badger!  Er, Romo Lampkin!  :) Hehehe!

I love Mark Sheppard!  Yeah, I like that suggestion for Nicodemus.  I agree that he shouldn't be the typical "Christopher Lee" or something obvious.  Nocodemus is calculating, intelligent, and you never see him coming...  Mark Sheppard is perfect!  Great suggestion!
"Shiny. Let's be bad guys." - Jayne Cobb

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #956 on: July 07, 2010, 03:23:20 PM »
Harry - Neil Flynn (Wouldnt have thought of it, but after I read this... damn... fits)
Thomas - Jared Leto (Pretty Boy)
Bianca - Amy Lee of Evanesence
Ramierz - Wilmer Valderama
Marcone - Dude who plays the Devil in Reaper
Molly - Hard Choice, I would go with the Paige Chick from Xmen and Hard Candy
Ebenezer - Anthony Hopkins
Bob - Hugh Laurie, or Bruce Cambell
Morgan - Alan Rickman
Nicodemus - Christophen Walken Ala Prophecy

Just who I think (Posting again)

Neil Flynn -  as Harry? I don't think I can see it at all. Especially if we're starting off with Storm Front. Flynn could maybe be future!Harry but only b/c he's 50 :-\
Thomas - I have already made up my mind on this :)
Bianca -- Good call! Amy Lee is pretty much Goth Queen of Gothonia, playing Bianca would only seal the deal.

Ramirez - After That 70's Show, I cannot ever see Wilmer Valderrama in a serious role. Ever. He pretty much screwed himself with the role he played on that show. For me at least, lol.
Marcone - Ray Wise! Thank you for affirming this! It's what I've been saying for a while now, lol.
Molly - Now I'm showing my ignorance... was she in the movies? I have no idea who you're talking about, seriously. All I know about who has to play Molly is that she's supposed to be naturally blonde (with the willingness to dye her hair with colors not normally found in nature), and she has to be 'tall and built like the proverbial brick house'... just like whoever is cast to play Charity. Except younger.
Ebenezer - Still not sure on this one. Anthony Hopkins has played some of the greatest, and some of the freakiest roles in the world, and not to say he's not completely awesome, but I'm not even sure he could pull off Eb's role.
Bob - Hugh Laurie is completely amazing and I adore him. Unfortunately, I feel the same toward Bruce Campbell. Both are awesome choices, and I don't wanna choose :-)
Morgan -- Alan Rickman scares the crap out of me as Severus Snape in the Potter movies. But I don't particularly think he's exactly Morgan-like.
Nicodemus - Bluebeard already gave me my Nicodemus with the awesomeness of Mark Sheppard :)

You forgot Murphy!

Not even kidding, I keep doing searches for tiny, ass-kicking blonde actresses, and Sarah Michelle Gellar pops up on every list. I'm beginning to think it should just be her, lol. And she's the right age ATM. Murphy's in her early thirties at the beginning of the series.
Murphy: "Maybe you know the monsters, Martin. But I know the guy who stops them."

Dresden: "Don't call me a dinosaur. It isn't fair to the dinosaurs. What did a dinosaur ever do to you?"

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #957 on: July 07, 2010, 03:24:22 PM »
Betty White for Mrs. Spunklecrief!

Dude!! I think you're completely right :D

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #958 on: July 07, 2010, 03:28:41 PM »
Christopher Plummer? Paul Bettany Sir Anthony Hopkins? All three of those voices blended by a computer?

Hah, that would actually be kinda awesome :)

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline Bluebeard

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: July 07, 2010, 03:51:28 PM »

Although, Alexis Denisof is perfect for Dresden and I'm glad Jim picked him, my second choice for Dresden would be Michael Weatherly. The guy is hilarious if you've ever watched NCIS, and he does tend to tower over his fellow castmates because he's 6'2.  ;D

Murphy is hard to cast.. Sienna Miller, Allison Mack, Alice Evans, and Sarah Michelle Gellar all have a little Murphy in them, though.

I also tend to imagine Bob as being voice by Jude Law.