Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1103071 times)

Offline Jaeh

• Posty McPostington
  • Lol AWOL
    • View Profile
    • Everything's Platonic
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #900 on: July 02, 2010, 01:37:34 PM »
Jim's personal pick, Alexi Denisof, I've never actually seen act (he was on Buffy, which I've never managed to watch more than a few episodes of), but apparently he's got both the look and the badass mentality (something about shooting his own father when he thought it necessary). I dunno.

I see why. here's some pics.

and I remember him now. xD It's wesley!

The first picture just got to me. I think I have my harry. O.o

erm.. *blush* I can't stop staring at the picture.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 01:46:41 PM by Jaeh »
DV Jaeh v1.0 YR0.83 FR0.75 BK+ JB TH++ WG+++ CL++ SW BC- ?MC RP FF++- SH[Murphy+++++ Molly-]
I'm a classic narcissist - there's just nothing to be narcissistic about.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: July 02, 2010, 01:51:41 PM »
Yeah, and obviously having had the crap kicked out of him in the first picture makes him so much more Harry. :D

Ah! I thought someone called "no time travel" way back in the thread, because someone had actually suggested Bruce Campbell and I was like no way he is way too old, and that's coming from me, I am a huge Bruce Campbell fan, Army of Darkness is one of my all time favs, and I watched every episode of Brisco County Jr when it originally aired.

Brisco's awesome, isn't he? And part of the creation of visual Harry for the comic books was the use of Bruce Campbell's chin. ;D
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Jaeh

• Posty McPostington
  • Lol AWOL
    • View Profile
    • Everything's Platonic
« Reply #902 on: July 02, 2010, 01:53:50 PM »
Yeah, and obviously having had the crap kicked out of him in the first picture makes him so much more Harry. :D

this. so. freaking. this. I saw it, I was like... "HOLLY S**T, it's HARRY DRESDEN." :D
DV Jaeh v1.0 YR0.83 FR0.75 BK+ JB TH++ WG+++ CL++ SW BC- ?MC RP FF++- SH[Murphy+++++ Molly-]

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #903 on: July 02, 2010, 02:31:37 PM »

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. See, there's a reason that Jim's the one writing the books. He's freaking brilliant. If Alexis Denisof is his personal choice, then I say Hells Yes.

(also, completely off topic, but I wanted you all to see this: Jim posted this link on his Twitter the other night -- some moron decided to leave a review for Changes and it made Jim go all 'grrrr argh.' I really wish the dude that wrote the review would look at all the comments [3 pages worth] that people left, following that travesty of a review. Because it pretty much echoes the post-Changes discussions that happened in these forums, lol.)
Murphy: "Maybe you know the monsters, Martin. But I know the guy who stops them."

Dresden: "Don't call me a dinosaur. It isn't fair to the dinosaurs. What did a dinosaur ever do to you?"

Dresden: "Hell's holy stars and freaking stones shit bells."

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: July 02, 2010, 02:38:26 PM »
Yeah, I was pleased with my just-now-added snarking. ;D
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Tribblechomper

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Photoshoplifter Dan
« Reply #905 on: July 02, 2010, 02:49:02 PM »

(also, completely off topic, but I wanted you all to see this: Jim posted this link on his Twitter the other night -- some moron decided to leave a review for Changes and it made Jim go all 'grrrr argh.' I really wish the dude that wrote the review would look at all the comments [3 pages worth] that people left, following that travesty of a review. Because it pretty much echoes the post-Changes discussions that happened in these forums, lol.)

I decided to respond to the Green-eyed Monster that "reviewed" Changes...see the response to the poster C.S. Long(?)
November 15, 2008-A day that will live in infamy...let's hope I'm not in the hospital THIS birthday!!!
Ah done an' went an' gots me a WEBSITE, y'all!!!
www.photoshoplifterdan.com

Offline Jaeh

• Posty McPostington
  • Lol AWOL
    • View Profile
    • Everything's Platonic
« Reply #906 on: July 02, 2010, 03:11:39 PM »
saw that. can you say "fans to the rescue"? xD

oh, and a friend of mine's fast. O.o Photoshop on Alexi Denisof; beat up harry: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,19347.0.html

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
  • Take two tablets and call me in the morning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: July 02, 2010, 03:47:33 PM »

That was an entertaining read. I cracked up when one commenter said "good review, mongoloid!" LMAO

Hillarious!

Anyway that reviewer is probably "Trolling" which I have only recently discovered in one of the video game forums.

For those who aren't familiar with trolling, this is apparently when someone says something inflammatory just to get a rise out of everyone.

I am not really sure what motivates them, I guess I can kind of see the appeal of pissing other people off, but I haven't personally crossed that line.....yet.

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: July 02, 2010, 03:56:59 PM »
Jim Butcher sux and I hate all of his books, and stories, and characters, and his hair.
 :o :( >:( ;D :D ;) ??? 8) ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( :) :P :o :-X >:( ::) :P :-\ ;) :P :'( :-X :o

« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 04:06:06 PM by MoSeS_ »

Offline Murphy's Stunt Double

• Needs A Life
  • Tiny... but fierce!
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: July 02, 2010, 04:03:58 PM »
Can I get a mod over here please???

Preferably one with a tank???

;) :D ;D 8)
If you are up to no good, please do no good for me too, okay?   ;D

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: July 02, 2010, 04:09:34 PM »
Here.

Offline Jaeh

• Posty McPostington
  • Lol AWOL
    • View Profile
    • Everything's Platonic
« Reply #911 on: July 02, 2010, 04:10:05 PM »
Here.

it's like staring into the hole of doom.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 04:16:10 PM by Jaeh »

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: July 02, 2010, 04:14:59 PM »
Here.

Oh no, Shecky is like a warden and he is going to put me under the Doom of Damocles for speaking against the GODLIKE Jim Butcher.

*If you didn't read that Amazon review you are missing the whole Godlike reference.

Yeah, yeah, I know it's the council that decides the Doom, but a single warden fits this scenario better.  :P

Ha, I couldn't see the image of the TANK at first and I thought Murphy's Stunt Double meant a fish tank, because of my "taking the bait" pictures.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 06:01:04 PM by MoSeS_ »

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: July 02, 2010, 04:16:09 PM »
Oh no, Shecky is like a warden and he is going to put me under the Doom of Damocles for speaking against the GODLIKE Jim Butcher.

*If you didn't read that Amazon review you are missing the whole Godlike reference.

Just genuflect on your way out of the temple and we'll call it even.

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: July 02, 2010, 04:20:36 PM »
Just genuflect on your way out of the temple and we'll call it even.

I had to look up Genuflect, how sad is my vocab. LOL