Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1103667 times)

Offline Warden John Marcone

• Seriously?
  • Shooting first and Cracking wise
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #810 on: June 23, 2010, 06:54:32 PM »
@Warden Jon Marcone
Geoffry Rush for Morgan, have to vote no on this, there were at least five better choices for Morgan,

laiek who out of curiosity?  And better how?
The moribund equine has been more than sufficiently flagellated.

Offline Coalprin

• Conversationalist
  • μή μου τούς κύκλους τάραττε
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: June 23, 2010, 06:55:55 PM »
McAvoy as Steed? *thumbs up*
"Certain blood has been shed for uncertain reasons.
You will never quiet this storm, A cold wind to chill your bones."

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #812 on: June 23, 2010, 10:34:42 PM »
Yeah, you are right... I have a not-so-secret crush on James McAvoy.  Can he play Warden Chandler?

Okay, he's Scottish (31, 5'7).  Okay, maybe a little short, but he's a HUGE sci-fi/fantasy fan!

That works! He's got a bit of a talent with accents, anyway. He had an American accent for his role in Wanted with Angelina Jolie. And do we know exactly how tall Steed is, anyway?
Murphy: "Maybe you know the monsters, Martin. But I know the guy who stops them."

Dresden: "Don't call me a dinosaur. It isn't fair to the dinosaurs. What did a dinosaur ever do to you?"

Dresden: "Hell's holy stars and freaking stones shit bells."

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #813 on: June 23, 2010, 10:36:33 PM »
How about Ian Somerhalder for Thomas?

He actually came up in a facial recognition with Matt Bomer that I did a few posts ago. The face recognition said he only resembled Bomer a LITTLE, but then again, it said that Josh Holloway resembled Bomer a LOT. Anyway, I pitched the idea of Somerhalder as Harry, but sadly, there was no response :)
Murphy: "Maybe you know the monsters, Martin. But I know the guy who stops them."

Dresden: "Don't call me a dinosaur. It isn't fair to the dinosaurs. What did a dinosaur ever do to you?"

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #814 on: June 23, 2010, 10:42:33 PM »

Except for Jeffrey Dean Morgan, who played a character exactly ten years older than his real age. (Yes, I watched the first few seasons of the show that carefully.)

Which I personally think is funny as hell. The fact that in real life JDM is only a handful of years older than the boys who play his sons? Hilarious. There were jokes from the set that had Jensen and Jared texting JDM just to tease him and call him 'Daddy,' even though he's only 44, and Jensen is only 32. Well. Now they are, I mean. Twelve years is NOT that big an age difference, lol.

And yes, I watch the show religiously, too. I'm not an addict. I'm not. I'm not I'm not I'm not.

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline Atanvarno

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: June 24, 2010, 01:51:10 AM »
Well, of course you're not. :D

Now that I think about it, why isn't JDM on our list somewhere? I could see him as Kincaid, except I seem to remember a passing reference to Kincaid's having blond hair (don't I? And does it matter?)

For that matter, why didn't I think of Harry Dean Stanton for Morgan? Where is my head at?!

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
  • Take two tablets and call me in the morning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: June 24, 2010, 01:27:20 PM »
James McAvoy as Steed FTW!

I have been trying to think of where McAvoy would fit in, that's perfect!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 01:45:32 PM by MoSeS_ »

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: June 24, 2010, 01:39:32 PM »
@Warden Jon Marcone
Geoffry Rush for Morgan, have to vote no on this, there were at least five better choices for Morgan, however I could see Rush as someone like Nic or the Merlin, but he is too old to play Nic.
laiek who out of curiosity?  And better how?

I don't deny that Rush is an amazing actor and could pull of the attitude, I just don't think he is the best choice.

Better.... ok better was a poor choice of words. And five better choices may have been an exageration.

I think Stephen Lang would fit the bill a little better.

And Jason Statham.

But I concede Rush would probably be my third choice for Morgan.
He was great as Captain Barbossa.

Someone also suggested Alan Rickman, but I just don't think he is firey enough.
And ofcourse there were some other suggestions, but I can't recall who.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 02:13:22 PM by MoSeS_ »

Offline Sihnon

• Participant
  • Battle School Grad
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: June 24, 2010, 01:55:26 PM »
I think Morgan is a tough one... I like everyone's picks too.  I thought Rade Serbedzija (63) would be a good choice.  (He was Boris the Blade in "Snatch".  He is also going to be Gregorovitch in the new Harry Potter movies.)

Jason Statham (37)... purrr... I will watch anything he is in... I usually see him as Kincaid

Or Charlie Hunnam as Kincaid.  But he only 30. That I think is a little young.

Both are British actors.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 02:01:27 PM by Sihnon »
"Shiny. Let's be bad guys." - Jayne Cobb

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: June 24, 2010, 02:04:12 PM »
Jason Statham (37)... purrr... I will watch anything he is in... I usually see him as Kincaid

Jason Statham was my original choice for Kincaid, but there was the whole blonde hair ponytail debaucle, so I went with Alexander Skarsgard as my Kincaid.

If I were to make the movie, I would probably keep Statham as Kincaid, and just take liberties with the whole ponytail thing, I don't think it's that important really.

But I would keep Skarsgard in there somewhere. Maybe Donnar Vaderung, even though ASkars looks a little young for it, they could age him up a little, and besides that Vaderung is a demi-god so he should look youngish anyhow.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 02:10:54 PM by MoSeS_ »

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #820 on: June 24, 2010, 02:12:02 PM »
Well, of course you're not. :D

I'm not, dammit! ;D

Now that I think about it, why isn't JDM on our list somewhere? I could see him as Kincaid, except I seem to remember a passing reference to Kincaid's having blond hair (don't I? And does it matter?)

Kincaid does have 'golden blonde' hair that he tends to wear in a ponytail... Which is personally why I think that Josh Holloway would fit the bill for Kincaid's look at the very least... whether or not he can actually pull of Possibly-Homicidal-Yet-Very-Caring-Papa-Looney-Mercernary is another matter entirely. And JDM hasn't made the list yet because I can't quite figure out where I want him, lol. Maybe we can pull some strings and get him cast as the Erl King... of course, then James Marsters might be jealous, because it seems he likes to play freaky, creepy villain roles, lol.

For that matter, why didn't I think of Harry Dean Stanton for Morgan? Where is my head at?!

Ehhhhh.... I don't really see Morgan as being that thin. His comic book image kinda set the bar for me for how I want Morgan to look. You know. This scary looking dude?

Honestly, the comic pretty much set the bar for how I want everyone to look. But I can kind of see Michael Bowen as the Morgan type:

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline Sihnon

• Participant
  • Battle School Grad
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: June 24, 2010, 02:15:47 PM »
Jason Statham was my original choice for Kincaid, but there was the whole blonde hair ponytail debaucle, so I went with Alexander Skarsgard as my Kincaid.

Yeah, Alexander Skarsgard...I can get on board with that casting too... granted, I could watch him read the dictionary... I still like Statham for it.

(OFF TOPIC:  He's Swedish, why was he not considered for "Thor." I hate when Hollywood does that, don't get me started on the "Last Airbender.")
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 02:18:08 PM by Sihnon »

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: June 24, 2010, 02:20:02 PM »
I saw Michael Bowen suggested a long time ago as Morgan, but I can't get pass the fact that the first time I ever saw Bowen was in Kill Bill as Buck.

"My name is Buck, and I came here to...."

I don't think I can take Bowen seriously as Morgan because I have that image of him as a nurse in my head.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 02:26:01 PM by MoSeS_ »

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: June 24, 2010, 02:24:18 PM »
Yeah, Alexander Skarsgard...I can get on board with that casting too... granted, I could watch him read the dictionary... I still like Statham for it.

(OFF TOPIC:  He's Swedish, why was he not considered for "Thor." I hate when Hollywood does that, don't get me started on the "Last Airbender.")

That's what I been screaming.... kind of, he actually was considered for Thor.

April 20, 2009 Last month, news broke that Thor director Kenneth Branagh was seen meeting with True Blood actor, Alexander Skarsgård. This sparked rumors that the 6’4” son of veteran actor Stellan Skarsgård was in the running to wield the Mighty hammer, Mjolnir.

Not sure why it didn't work out, it's possible he is too busy with True Blood or something, or maybe they just wanted a fresh face for Thor, or cheaper actor.

I can't believe they went with the guy who was in Star Trek for two minutes.

I think Branagh passed on ASkars. ASkars sounded like he would have done it.

What's more is ASkars dad Stellan is in the Thor movie.

edit: Marvel Studio's should have chosen ASkars and passed on Branagh.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 02:47:48 PM by MoSeS_ »

Offline Sihnon

• Participant
  • Battle School Grad
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: June 24, 2010, 02:43:33 PM »
That's what I been screaming.... kind of, he actually was considered for Thor.

April 20, 2009 Last month, news broke that Thor director Kenneth Branagh was seen meeting with True Blood actor, Alexander Skarsgård. This sparked rumors that the 6’4” son of veteran actor Stellan Skarsgård was in the running to wield the Mighty hammer, Mjolnir.

Not sure why it didn't work out, it's possible he is too busy with True Blood or something, or maybe they just wanted a fresh face for Thor, or cheaper actor.

I can't believe they went with the guy who was in Star Trek for two minutes.

I think Branagh passed on ASkars. ASkars sounded like he would have done it.

What's more is ASkars dad Stellan is in the Thor movie.

Well, I'm glad he was at least considered.  I think you are right about being busy or maybe he had a bad reading.