Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1103642 times)

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #780 on: June 22, 2010, 10:39:55 PM »
Cilian is good choice for Madrigal.  

Plus he has that eerie little 'I'm a Masochistic Murderous Little Freak that's Jealous of My Much More Awesome Cousin' look to him.

But Orlando for Thomas ...sorry, but he is way too short (it says 5'10 on IMBD, ahhh, not a chance maybe 5'8, I've met him in person.)  Also he's only 33.  I think this artist really has a good rendintion of Thomas, next to the actor from "White Collar," Matthew Boomer.  Who is also 33, but looks alot older and his comedic timing is well crafted.  I know he's been mentioned several times before, but after re-reading 'Changes', I can totally see it.

MWAHAHAHA another has been swayed to the Bomer for Thomas camp! *high five*

However, I found this by an artist that I think works

O.O

That is inexplicably eerie. Now to find who has the most chemistry with Clooney and fits the role completely to play Beckett. Who looks like they have dead eyes in Hollywood?
**EDITED for spelling and to post photos**
[/quote]
Murphy: "Maybe you know the monsters, Martin. But I know the guy who stops them."

Dresden: "Don't call me a dinosaur. It isn't fair to the dinosaurs. What did a dinosaur ever do to you?"

Dresden: "Hell's holy stars and freaking stones shit bells."

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline Ivu

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: June 22, 2010, 10:43:58 PM »
I always want to strangle him every time I rewatch Pirates of the Caribbean... though it may just be because Will Turner annoys me to death.

Which may well be because he's played by Orlando Bloom. Were Will played by someone else, I'd probably like him more, and you likely would too.
So once again Orlando Bloom as Thomas? For the love of God, NO!

Offline Sihnon

• Participant
  • Battle School Grad
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: June 23, 2010, 12:11:37 AM »
I was thinking that Edward Kerr is a close match for the physical description of Marcone.

You know, I can see that too.  Right age too!
"Shiny. Let's be bad guys." - Jayne Cobb

Offline Atanvarno

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: June 23, 2010, 01:55:32 AM »
That is inexplicably eerie. Now to find who has the most chemistry with Clooney and fits the role completely to play Beckett. Who looks like they have dead eyes in Hollywood?
::Partially crushes urge to chirp "Everyone?"::

Because I am a sap, I want to say Julianna Margulies here. Not that I think she has dead eyes; but she could. I could see her making Helen Beckitt weirdly compelling. Also, Julianna and George? They still have crazy-making chemistry.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 02:19:10 AM by Atanvarno »

Offline Sihnon

• Participant
  • Battle School Grad
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: June 23, 2010, 02:01:39 AM »

Because I am a sap, I want to Julianna Margulies here. Not that I think she has dead eyes; but she could. I could see her making Helen Beckitt weirdly compelling. Also, Julianna and George? They still have crazy-making chemistry.

Oh she would be good.  You got me thinking of another option.  Julianna Moore for Helen.

She's 49 and could have a daughter around 20.  I know that Helen may not have red hair, but I can see it personally.
"Shiny. Let's be bad guys." - Jayne Cobb

Offline Atanvarno

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: June 23, 2010, 02:17:26 AM »
My girl Julianne IS the Leanansidhe, as far as I'm concerned. I'm pretty sure Lea is described as having red hair, too.

Offline jbigelow22

• Participant
  • Bob knows best
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: June 23, 2010, 02:30:07 AM »
I agree with that assessment

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #787 on: June 23, 2010, 03:23:04 AM »

I said 'dead' eyes not 'fake' :D

Because I am a sap, I want to say Julianna Margulies here. Not that I think she has dead eyes; but she could. I could see her making Helen Beckitt weirdly compelling. Also, Julianna and George? They still have crazy-making chemistry.

BAHAHAHA ER. Funny funny funny. I think I actually stopped watching the show around the time they both finally took off, lol.
Murphy: "Maybe you know the monsters, Martin. But I know the guy who stops them."

Dresden: "Don't call me a dinosaur. It isn't fair to the dinosaurs. What did a dinosaur ever do to you?"

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #788 on: June 23, 2010, 03:46:31 AM »
Which may well be because he's played by Orlando Bloom. Were Will played by someone else, I'd probably like him more, and you likely would too.
So once again Orlando Bloom as Thomas? For the love of God, NO!

*affects Muttley-like laughter*

.... I may have just dated myself by using that line.

This is why I'm clinging to Matt Bomer (with John Morrisson's body) as Thomas for my life :)

Uh, for the younguns (that is everyone under 25 who has no idea what the hell I'm talking about) Muttley is the villain dog of Dick Dastardly from the old Hanna-Barbera cartoons. Look up the laugh on Google, seriously. It gives me the giggles everytime.

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline j3nnee

• Posty McPostington
  • Has the gift
    • View Profile
    • Blue Girl Graphics
« Reply #789 on: June 23, 2010, 08:21:34 AM »
*affects Muttley-like laughter*]

LOL did you ever see the old (when Cartoon Network was still new) short "Wonder Woman's lasso of justice" skits?
They had one with Muttley laughing but he gets caught in the lasso and starts bawling. LOL

Sorry just made me think of it cause I don't see many references to Muttley. ;)

My fave though was when she catches Aquaman and he goes "when you see those bubbles, they aren't always... bubbles." LOL

I am so glad more people are for Bomer. I think he can pull off the darkness of Thomas and especially the whole suave confidence. He's perfect! <3
*swoons and gets the vapors*

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
  • Take two tablets and call me in the morning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: June 23, 2010, 01:43:04 PM »
@kali
Funny that you mention Tea Leoni, I kind of thought she would be a good Lea because she has that feline sort of beauty. Don't know if she could pull of the act though.

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: June 23, 2010, 01:43:50 PM »
@HarryMcCoy
Orlando Bloom....NOOOOOO!!!!!! he is the worst ever. He didn't even act well as Legolas, really pay attention next time you watch LOTR and you will notice he doesn't even act well in that, it really is the action scenes and the fact that he is an elf that made him popular. One scene in particular, the scene where Aragorn explains for about 10 minutes that they need to distract the eye so that Frodo can sneak by or whatever, anyhow after all that Legolas has an epiphany and says "a diversion!", it's like duh, that's what we have been talking about for ten minutes stupid elf. Granted Bloom didn't write the dialogue but he sure delivered like an idiot.

Cilian Murphy...... I love this actor. 28 days later ruled! (28 weeks later sucked, lucky Danny Boyle is coming back for 28 months later) as Madrigal Raith FTW.

Wilford Brimley as Eb. Yeah he is kind of how I picture Eb, but I have said this before, Brimley is on his last leg, in reality if they made a film now, he couldn't do it, his health is too poor.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 02:12:16 PM by MoSeS_ »

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: June 23, 2010, 01:46:17 PM »
@Warden Jon Marcone
Geoffry Rush for Morgan, have to vote no on this, there were at least five better choices for Morgan, however I could see Rush as someone like Nic or the Merlin, but he is too old to play Nic.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 01:48:49 PM by MoSeS_ »

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: June 23, 2010, 01:50:29 PM »
@Thaumologist
Lee-Ann Liebenberg as Lash. I don't know if she can act, but she is smokin' hot, that's a win for me.  ;D
Seriously though, I don't think she should be Lash but definitely a Vampire, white or red court, maybe Bianca.

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: June 23, 2010, 01:52:01 PM »
@Atanvarno
Olivia Williams as Lash, I could get behind that choice.

Gordon Tootoosis as LTW, good choice, but I think Wes Studi would also be a great LTW.

Julianne Moore for Lea... I dunno, she has the red hair and all. I say 75% fit cause I don't think she could completely pull off the attitude.