Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1112492 times)

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
  • Take two tablets and call me in the morning.
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #690 on: June 17, 2010, 02:43:09 PM »
@j3nnee

Your inbox is full.

Anyhow. I don't know if you noticed, but I had a seperate thread about casting but I had added a poll to mine. So yesterday I requested to have them merge it with your thread and they did, but you now control it.

I figure first actor to get 25 votes should win. Then when the winner of that poll is decided. Then you could delete that poll and start one for Thomas, Murphy, or Michael. Those seem to be the next 3 most discussed characters. Followed by Molly, Marcone, and Nicodemus.

@everyone reading this thread

Sound about right to you all?

Offline Atanvarno

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: June 17, 2010, 03:05:05 PM »
Where does the image of Nathan in the trilby hat come from? It's new to me.

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: June 17, 2010, 03:10:33 PM »
Fillion - I still disagree with Nathan, but so far it looks like he is way ahead.
I guess it's because the only thing I have ever seen with him was Serenity

Pace - I did watch all of Pushing Daisies, which it seems like I might be the only one. I think he's great.

Olyphant - Haven't looked at him the same since Hitman, that movie was soo super cheesy.

Renolds - Everyone seems to be hatin' on Renolds as Deadpool, I thought he worked out.

Quinto - Well come on, Sylar is awesome! Not to mention Spock.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 03:23:09 PM by MoSeS_ »

Offline miketh

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: June 17, 2010, 03:53:30 PM »

Give him the duster and staff and that's done, in my opinion.  I still stand by Chris Evans :D

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: June 17, 2010, 04:13:24 PM »

Give him the duster and staff and that's done, in my opinion.  I still stand by Chris Evans :D

My original choice was Clive Owen, but he is too old.

Now my first choice would be Lee Pace.

My second choice would probably be a tie between Zachary Quinto and Chris Evans.

Quinto might be a little too serious to pull off the snarky Harry.

And Evans might do funny too well. I remember Not Another Teen Movie. But he was pretty serious in Push, which i loved btw.

I also thought Dakota would make a good Molly because of this role.

And coincidentally Djimon Hounsou would make a good Sanya, but because of his role in Gladiator.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 04:25:15 PM by MoSeS_ »

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #695 on: June 17, 2010, 04:17:46 PM »
OOo good abs!  Definate loincloth material, but would he go for the buterfly wings?

I used to watch wrestling regularly. He used to glue sequins in the lines of his abs. I don't really think he'll have much of a problem with butterfly wings :) Especially since his body will be entirely on display as he stands next to a Harry who's dressed as a cheesy vampire :)
Murphy: "Maybe you know the monsters, Martin. But I know the guy who stops them."

Dresden: "Don't call me a dinosaur. It isn't fair to the dinosaurs. What did a dinosaur ever do to you?"

Dresden: "Hell's holy stars and freaking stones shit bells."

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline Scop

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: June 17, 2010, 04:21:52 PM »
YES!  I love a man who can do sequins :)

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #697 on: June 17, 2010, 04:35:59 PM »
Okay, so I was kind of surprised when I did a celebrity recognition run on Matt Bomer (who I still demand for Thomas. John Morrison is my second choice by way of The God of Bowflex body.). I wanted to see if there were any particular male celebrities that looked enough like him that could be cast as Harry as well, and this is who I got (I'll add the percentage of matching as they pertain to Matt).

So here's Matt Bomer:

And this is everyone that the facial recognition thingy thinks looks like him. I agree on maybe two of them:

*Josh Holloway 63%
Hayden Christiansen 55% (NO.)
Gael Garcia Bernal 55% (NO.)
*Ian Somerhalder 54%
Josh Hartnett 53% (NO.)
Ronan Keating 53% (NO.)
Leonardo DiCaprio 52% (NO.)
Oded Fehr 49% (NO.)
Frank Lampard 48% (Definite NO. I'm wondering if the face recognition thing really knows what it's doing. The picture they used for this guy looks more like a match for Elijah Wood than for Matt Bomer.)

I've already named Josh Holloway as my pick to play Kincaid, so he's out. Which leaves Ian Somerhalder who has more of a resemblance to Bomer than Holloway does. Once again, I wonder if the FCR knows what it's doing, or not.) Somerhalder is on the CW hit show The Vampire Diaries (not that I've watched it. I've been so played out on the new vamp shows/movies that I've been clinging to Buffy with both arms and legs.) Aside from TVD, I know nothing about Somerhalder's acting.
Murphy: "Maybe you know the monsters, Martin. But I know the guy who stops them."

Dresden: "Don't call me a dinosaur. It isn't fair to the dinosaurs. What did a dinosaur ever do to you?"

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #698 on: June 17, 2010, 04:42:31 PM »
YES!  I love a man who can do sequins :)

LOL. I personally thought it was awesome. But dear god, don't try doing a google image search on it. I found everything BUT that picture. :-\

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline Kali

• Posty McPostington
  • Redhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: June 17, 2010, 04:47:36 PM »
OOo good abs!  Definate loincloth material, but would he go for the buterfly wings?

He's a pro wrestler.  Have you seen some of the outfits he's worn?  That said, WINNAR.  I've found my Thomas.  Not as pretty-boy as Bomer, but I don't think Thomas should be.  This is "predator angel" and "god of Bowflex".  This is what Thomas should look like.  Get 'im some contacts and we're good to go.
We don't get just one life.  We get as many as we can cram into one lifetime.

Visit my page! JessaLynch.com

Offline j3nnee

• Posty McPostington
  • Has the gift
    • View Profile
    • Blue Girl Graphics
« Reply #700 on: June 17, 2010, 05:01:15 PM »
@j3nnee

Your inbox is full.

Anyhow. I don't know if you noticed, but I had a seperate thread about casting but I had added a poll to mine. So yesterday I requested to have them merge it with your thread and they did, but you now control it.

I figure first actor to get 25 votes should win. Then when the winner of that poll is decided. Then you could delete that poll and start one for Thomas, Murphy, or Michael. Those seem to be the next 3 most discussed characters. Followed by Molly, Marcone, and Nicodemus.

@everyone reading this thread

Sound about right to you all?

Uhm shouldn't be my thread and how is my box full. Hmmm... don't remember being that popular. LOL
I think they just restart threads when they get full with whomever is the last poster on the old thread.

Offline Coalprin

• Conversationalist
  • μή μου τούς κύκλους τάραττε
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: June 17, 2010, 05:28:04 PM »
Okay, so I was kind of surprised when I did a celebrity recognition run on Matt Bomer (who I still demand for Thomas. John Morrison is my second choice by way of The God of Bowflex body.).

Bomer could totally pull off Thomas. Good one.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 05:34:39 PM by Coalprin »
"Certain blood has been shed for uncertain reasons.
You will never quiet this storm, A cold wind to chill your bones."

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: June 17, 2010, 08:32:52 PM »
Matt Bomer seems to be the popular choice for Thomas. I wish I knew who he is. I mean of course I checked out his IMDB profile, but I have never seen any of his work, so I couldn't vouch if he has the right attitude and talent to play Thomas. He does have some....piercing eyes. I guess piercing is the right word.

I think "Prince of Persia" Jake Gyllenhaal could pull it off. But I thought of him when I originally thought Clive Owen should be Harry Dresden, and I thought the two actors could pass for brothers.

I also think Chris Pine has a good look for it too.

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #703 on: June 17, 2010, 08:35:34 PM »
He's a pro wrestler.  Have you seen some of the outfits he's worn?  That said, WINNAR.  I've found my Thomas.  Not as pretty-boy as Bomer, but I don't think Thomas should be.  This is "predator angel" and "god of Bowflex".  This is what Thomas should look like.  Get 'im some contacts and we're good to go.

Hee! Yay! Kali picked one of my choices :D

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: June 17, 2010, 08:58:44 PM »
Really? A wrestler?

The only wrestler turned actor that I actually like is Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, but that's because I think he actually does comedy well.