Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1114174 times)

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
  • Take two tablets and call me in the morning.
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #600 on: June 10, 2010, 06:16:02 PM »
Kincaid - I think ASkars trumps Jason Statham any day! Besides, isn't Kincaid supposed to have long blond hair that he wears in a ponytail sometimes? Would be problematic for Jason Statham unless they put him in a hairpiece.

As for hair, Statham can grow hair, it just doesn't look good on him.

because instead of a forehead he has like and eighthead.

But again, does Kincaid really have long blond hair? I don't remember that. Does anyone have the exerpt where the describe Kincaid's physical description?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 06:19:12 PM by MoSeS_ »

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #601 on: June 11, 2010, 12:02:43 AM »
I think Ray Wise would be a very good John Marcone. Take a look:

He's kinda got that grandfatherly-soccer-coach-possible-mob-boss look to him. This picture of him is actually taken from a screen cap in the Season 2 episode of Bones, The Titan on The Track. He played a crooked PI that killed a senator or something.

There's a bit of a striking resemblance between him and the graphic novel drawing of Marcone in the comic version of Storm Front. And there's the fact that he was born in Akron, Ohio.

Not that it really means anything to anyone other than me :) (Ohio born and bred here -- I get excited when I find actors and actresses that are from my home state.)
Murphy: "Maybe you know the monsters, Martin. But I know the guy who stops them."

Dresden: "Don't call me a dinosaur. It isn't fair to the dinosaurs. What did a dinosaur ever do to you?"

Dresden: "Hell's holy stars and freaking stones shit bells."

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #602 on: June 11, 2010, 12:12:25 AM »
But again, does Kincaid really have long blond hair? I don't remember that. Does anyone have the exerpt where the describe Kincaid's physical description?

Page 107 of the Paperback edition of Death Masks:

A man stood on my doorstep. He was nearly as tall as me but looked a lot more solid, with shoulders wide enough to make the loose black jacket he wore fit tightly on his upper arms. He wore a navy blue shirt and stood so that I could see the wrinkles caused by the straps of a shoulder rig. A black ball cap reined in dark golden hair that might have fallen to his shoulders. He hadn't shaved in a few days, and had a short, white scar below his mouth that highlighted the cleft in his chin. His eyes were grey-blue and empty of any expression in a way I had seldom seen.

For some reason, I am now picturing Josh Holloway, who played Sawyer on Lost.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 01:00:53 AM by tiny[but]fierce »
Murphy: "Maybe you know the monsters, Martin. But I know the guy who stops them."

Dresden: "Don't call me a dinosaur. It isn't fair to the dinosaurs. What did a dinosaur ever do to you?"

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline Treacle Tart

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: June 11, 2010, 12:24:49 AM »
I personally think it's more important that they have the attitude of the character (OF COURSE, what they look like is seriously important too), but am just saying. xD

I don't disagree, but for me, the look is more important. I don't care if an Oscar-winning actor gets cast as a Dresden character and has the attitude - if they look nothing like the physical description of that character, that would be a fail for me.

does Kincaid really have long blond hair? I don't remember that. Does anyone have the exerpt where the describe Kincaid's physical description?

from Death Masks:
He was nearly as tall as me but looked a lot more solid....A black ball cap reined in dark golden hair that might have fallen to his shoulders.

Kincaid walked in, in the same outfit I'd seen that morning, but without the baseball cap. His dark blond hair was instead pulled back into an unruly tail.

from Blood Rites:
He was a big guy, almost my own height, with dark golden hair just long enough to look a little exotic.

The lean mercenary was dressed in greys and dull blues, very nondescript, and had his hair pulled into a ponytail under a black baseball cap.

As far as ASkars trumping Statham...AGREED! Eric Northman character is probably my favorite True Blood character, I can't wait til that comes back on. But I picked Statham because I picture Kincaid more rugged, and ASkars is too pretty for the Kincaid in my head, he did play a Meekus (green shirt) in Zoolander after all.

But ASkars also played Iceman in Generation Kill:

And actually, Rudy Reyes from Generation Kill would make a pretty good Ramirez!

Steve Buscemi or Paul Reubens as Butters - how old is Butters supposed to be anyway? Because those suggestions seem too old to me.

As far as how old Molly is when she becomes a major character, I am pretty sure that Molly is supposed to look older than her actual age. So to me, casting someone who looks really young like Dakota Fanning, does not work for me. Not to mention, I have a big problem with her skinny built for Molly.

Offline Vash the white

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: June 11, 2010, 07:34:09 AM »
decently old, because he feels wrong about having a thing for molly in wn
"THIS WORLD IS MADE OF! LOVE AND PEACE!LOVE AND PEACE!"

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: June 11, 2010, 02:29:55 PM »
Wow! I am ashamed that I blanked out during the description of Kincaid in the books. I remember the ponytail part now that I saw it again, but I guess I got so caught up in his actions that I just automatically chose someone I could picture as cold, methodic, and capable.

Now that I think about it the Eric Northman character is all of those, so I must concede, yes ASkars would make a good Kincaid.

I am sure you all know how it is when you get someone stuck in your head for a character, now I just have to get Statham out of my head for the Hellhound. But I still think Statham would have been great in some action scenes.

Josh Holloway guy also has the right look to (now that I have been reminded of the correct description of Kincaid). Though I don't watch Lost. I know that's probably some kind of sin since it was like the number one show.

Butters... Well I am not really sure how old he is, but being a medical examiner I just imagined he would be at least late 30's if not 40's. I guess they are a little older for the part, Buscemi is 52, Reubens is 57. But I think the fit the character perfectly with the polka playing and the qwerkiness and geekiness.
I definitely cannot see Simon Pegg for this part......Waldo Butters with a British accent.....not feeling that.

Molly... so she looks older than her age, I don't think that means when she is 14 she looks like she is 25, I think it means when she is 14 she looks like she is 17.

Dakota is a little skinny, but she has played similar roles, Push and Twilight Saga, so I think that qualifies her more than anyone else suggested thus far. Plus yeah she looks young right now because she is 16, she might even fill out some to.

I admit even though Seyfried is 24 she could pass for like 17. But this picture with these eyes really screams to me...
Leanansidhe!!!!!

Then again, this picture also makes her look like she should be in the Summer Court.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 02:36:59 PM by MoSeS_ »

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: June 11, 2010, 02:40:03 PM »
 :)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 04:20:48 PM by MoSeS_ »

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #607 on: June 11, 2010, 02:46:34 PM »
Wow! I am ashamed that I blanked out during the description of Kincaid in the books. I remember the ponytail part now that I saw it again, but I guess I got so caught up in his actions that I just automatically chose someone I could picture as cold, methodic, and capable.

Don't be ashamed. The point of the matter is that Kincaid IS all those things. He just happens to be rather good-looking, too. Explains why Murph fell for him, even though she didn't seem to want to.

Josh Holloway guy also has the right look to (now that I have been reminded of the correct description of Kincaid). Though I don't watch Lost. I know that's probably some kind of sin since it was like the number one show.

Well, then I'm going to hell, since I've never seen the show, and I refused to watch it. I just know Josh Holloway because of his eyes. I had to actually look up his name, because I could only think of him by his character's name on the show.

I admit even though Seyfried is 24 she could pass for like 17. But this picture with these eyes really screams to me...
Leanansidhe!!!!!

Then again, this picture also makes her look like she should be in the Summer Court.

I skipped your other two observations, because I don't currently have any new observations on who would play a good Butters (I still think the dude that played Faramir in LoTR would make a good Butters... but his hair is blonde, and Butters' hair is black) or Molly (I keep seeing Dakota as that tiny little girl from, uh... whatsit called, Charlotte's Web. What about Annasophia Robb?)

Anyway, about Amanda -- it's the eyes. It's always the eyes :) Are they green? I can't tell. If they're green, even in the slightest form, she could play Winter Sidhe or Summer. If she played Lea, though, she'd have to be willing to dye her hair crimson.

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: June 11, 2010, 03:51:23 PM »
The guy that played Faramir is David Wenham.

I still see someone qwerkier and geekier for Butters.

If everyone agrees that Buscemi and Reubens are too old. What about Justin Long? I think he does geeky and cowardly pretty well (see Live Free Die Hard). And Long is 32 years old.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 04:01:01 PM by MoSeS_ »

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: June 11, 2010, 04:16:53 PM »
I just had a thought....Simon Pegg could have a part.... Binder. Binder is Scottish right? I think Pegg can do that accent. Thoughts?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 04:18:49 PM by MoSeS_ »

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: June 11, 2010, 04:25:36 PM »
Other thought. If we make ASkars Kincaid, then I bump Statham to Warden Morgan.

Offline svb1972

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: June 11, 2010, 04:30:19 PM »
Other thought. If we make ASkars Kincaid, then I bump Statham to Warden Morgan.

Statham as Morgan, I could get behind that.

Offline Vash the white

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: June 11, 2010, 04:50:17 PM »
for me it's Stephan Lang as morgan
"THIS WORLD IS MADE OF! LOVE AND PEACE!LOVE AND PEACE!"

Offline rose29206

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: June 11, 2010, 05:37:56 PM »
I've been googling to see who fits my mental images somewhat. Here's what I've found:

Kincaid : Karl Urban.
Thomas : Justin Hartley, even though he's blond.
Michael : Viggo Mortensen (not perfect, but something like that)

I can't quite decide, but Harry is somewhat like Eduardo Verastegui in certain pics.

Murphy : Meg Ryan is the closest I can come to my image ... I have a really hard time picturing Murphy as a blond, though. She always seemed brunette to me.

Charity: Meryl Streep
Molly : Picture something like a punk Kate Bosworth.

Susan: Catherine Zeta Jones

Harry Lives.

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: June 11, 2010, 05:39:32 PM »
Stephen Lang was who I had first, but if I had choose, to keep Statham in, I would replace Lang with Statham.