Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1118881 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #5865 on: March 07, 2013, 01:18:31 AM »
I thought about Natasha too. Another option is Kristanna Loken (the T-X)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline KoshN

• Conversationalist
  • Babylon 5, Crusade, and Dresden Files fan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5866 on: March 07, 2013, 01:43:13 AM »
My two ideas for Guard are Natasha Henstridge or Tricia Helfer.

Both are excellent choices.
Mac Breck (KoshN)
-------------------------------
"The Dresden Files" (2007)
Harry Dresden: [re. Bianca] What is it about bad girls?  They lie, cheat, won't suck your blood even when you beg them to, and for some reason, no matter how badly they treat us, we still can't walk away.

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5867 on: March 07, 2013, 03:07:58 AM »
Jeri Ryan for Gard.
(7 of 9 from Voyager)

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5868 on: March 07, 2013, 03:17:02 AM »
My two ideas for Guard are Natasha Henstridge:

or Tricia Helfer:

I like Helfer for Mab.  Henstridge might be a good Charity.

Jeri Ryan for Gard.
(7 of 9 from Voyager)

Ryan is definitely Titania

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5869 on: March 07, 2013, 03:24:54 AM »
I put myself forward as Extra Number 7
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #5870 on: March 07, 2013, 01:57:21 PM »
Arent Titania and Mab supposed to look identical?  Not sisters, but Clones.  So it would probably be worth while to find an actress that could pull off both sides of that coin, the Cold and ruthless and the Fiery rage.  Tricia Heffer could do that.  I havent seen Jeri Ryan in enough outside of Voyager.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #5871 on: March 07, 2013, 03:33:15 PM »
I insist with Charlize Theron.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5872 on: March 07, 2013, 04:03:28 PM »
I insist with Charlize Theron.
I'd rather see Theron as Charity Carpenter or someone else rather than either of the Queens.  I saw her in SW&tH, and I wasn't that impressed with her 'evil queen'.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #5873 on: March 07, 2013, 04:08:33 PM »
I was, that is why I thought in her. Charity is different in my book.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #5874 on: March 07, 2013, 05:43:31 PM »
I'd rather see Theron as Charity Carpenter or someone else rather than either of the Queens.  I saw her in SW&tH, and I wasn't that impressed with her 'evil queen'.
Wasnt impressed with the movie as a whole, but she did do bat-sh*t crazy pretty damn well. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #5875 on: March 07, 2013, 07:39:22 PM »
Agreed.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Kael Tucker

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5876 on: March 09, 2013, 06:58:43 PM »
I like Helfer for Mab.  Henstridge might be a good Charity.

Ryan is definitely Titania

Remember that mab and Titiana are Identical in appearence. as well as Maeve and Sarissa... so If we have to have actresses that can play both sides of the coin... That being said, Ryan is a go for Mab too
" I'm just a big hairy american winning machine"

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5877 on: March 09, 2013, 08:31:00 PM »
Remember that mab and Titiana are Identical in appearence. as well as Maeve and Sarissa... so If we have to have actresses that can play both sides of the coin... That being said, Ryan is a go for Mab too
If you read it like I did, Mab and Titania are identical, Maeve looks like a young clone of Mab, Maeve and Aurora are identical, Maeve and Sarissa are identical, and Maeve and Lily (near the end) are almost identical.  I think some of their similarities are due to familial traits (since Mab and Titania are sisters, Maee & Sarissa are sisters, and Maeve & Aurora are cousins).  I don't think they're actually identical; I think they just have similar traits, and then the mantles change them further into that surreal, glamorous beauty.  Lily was always beautiful, but Harry noted in CD I believe that she looked like Aurora.  I don't think she physically morphed into Aurora; I think the essence of her presence changed.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #5878 on: March 11, 2013, 05:26:51 PM »
If you read it like I did, Mab and Titania are identical, Maeve looks like a young clone of Mab, Maeve and Aurora are identical, Maeve and Sarissa are identical, and Maeve and Lily (near the end) are almost identical.  I think some of their similarities are due to familial traits (since Mab and Titania are sisters, Maee & Sarissa are sisters, and Maeve & Aurora are cousins).  I don't think they're actually identical; I think they just have similar traits, and then the mantles change them further into that surreal, glamorous beauty.  Lily was always beautiful, but Harry noted in CD I believe that she looked like Aurora.  I don't think she physically morphed into Aurora; I think the essence of her presence changed.
According the CD, Mab and Titania dont look like Sisters, they look like clones.  It is entirely possibel that over th years teh Mantles warp their bearers physically, and there were always descriptions of the others having similarities, but those two have taken it to the point where they'd need to share an actress
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5879 on: March 11, 2013, 06:08:44 PM »
According the CD, Mab and Titania dont look like Sisters, they look like clones.  It is entirely possibel that over th years teh Mantles warp their bearers physically, and there were always descriptions of the others having similarities, but those two have taken it to the point where they'd need to share an actress

Or maybe use the Olson Twins?
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---