Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1119650 times)

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #1215 on: July 20, 2010, 05:59:27 PM »
Live-action, as in the Scooby-Doo movies with Freddie Prinze/Sarah Michelle Gellar/Matthew Lillard/Linda Cardellini (who actually made Velma Dinkley majorly hot.)

Ahh, I see, thank you.

Still. *cringes*

LEAVE MY CHILDHOOD CARTOONS ALONE YOU BASTARDS!

(although I am pretty excited about the release of Tron: Legacy in December)
Murphy: "Maybe you know the monsters, Martin. But I know the guy who stops them."

Dresden: "Don't call me a dinosaur. It isn't fair to the dinosaurs. What did a dinosaur ever do to you?"

Dresden: "Hell's holy stars and freaking stones shit bells."

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1216 on: July 20, 2010, 06:01:19 PM »
@uncanny

John Cleese as Bob FTW!

I love John Cleese :) He's always and by far been my favorite Python ;D Plus, he was just funny as the voice of King Harold the latent frog in Shrek 2 and 3 :)
Murphy: "Maybe you know the monsters, Martin. But I know the guy who stops them."

Dresden: "Don't call me a dinosaur. It isn't fair to the dinosaurs. What did a dinosaur ever do to you?"

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: July 20, 2010, 06:28:53 PM »
@uncanny

John Cleese as Bob FTW!

I love John Cleese :) He's always and by far been my favorite Python ;D Plus, he was just funny as the voice of King Harold the latent frog in Shrek 2 and 3 :)

It's stuff like this that makes me wish we had a video or even just audio recording of Jim reading advance chapters of SmF at PhauxCon in '07. When we heard Jim do Bob's voice... man, there ain't no goin' back from that. He IS Bob. The manic glee that infuses his Bob-voice just can't be equalled.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1218 on: July 20, 2010, 07:16:28 PM »
It's stuff like this that makes me wish we had a video or even just audio recording of Jim reading advance chapters of SmF at PhauxCon in '07. When we heard Jim do Bob's voice... man, there ain't no goin' back from that. He IS Bob. The manic glee that infuses his Bob-voice just can't be equalled.

Well, in that case...

Can we, for the sake of perfect fantasy casting, just make Jim the voice of Bob?

Shecky, is this your way of subtly angling us to pick your choices? ;D

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline Warden John Marcone

• Seriously?
  • Shooting first and Cracking wise
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #1219 on: July 20, 2010, 07:19:14 PM »
Well, in that case...

Can we, for the sake of perfect fantasy casting, just make Jim the voice of Bob?

I can go for this.
The moribund equine has been more than sufficiently flagellated.

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
  • Take two tablets and call me in the morning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: July 20, 2010, 07:31:50 PM »
Snoop Dogg should do the voice of Bob?

Fo' Shizzle. Think about it.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 07:38:09 PM by MoSeS_ »

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: July 20, 2010, 07:39:09 PM »
Well, in that case...

There's nothing subtle about it. I've been campaigning for this for almost three years. :D
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: July 20, 2010, 07:54:59 PM »
Jim should play Shiro.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 07:57:14 PM by MoSeS_ »

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1223 on: July 20, 2010, 08:24:33 PM »
There's nothing subtle about it. I've been campaigning for this for almost three years. :D

Dude, it works.

I'm of the opinion, that if you just bombard people with what you want repetitively, eventually they will either A.) give in to your choice to shut you up or B.) attack you with THEIR choice to shut you up.

For instance -- I like Erica Cerra, but she's Italian. I don't want her to play Susan. Even if it IS Jim's choice. Sorry Jim :-\

ETA: It just occurred to me that if she doesn't play Susan, she could play Anastasia. Just throwing it out there.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 08:27:21 PM by tiny[but]fierce »

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline Bluebeard

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: July 20, 2010, 08:34:10 PM »
For instance -- I like Erica Cerra, but she's Italian. I don't want her to play Susan. Even if it IS Jim's choice. Sorry Jim :-\

Oh. She is?  :o

Well she's passed off being latin in Eureka, since Jo is supposed to be hispanic, right?

Yeah, I usually have another choice besides Jim's, even though I like call of his choices so far.  8)

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: July 20, 2010, 08:41:54 PM »
What are Jim's choices, and where did you all find them?

I mean I know from this thread so far that Jim's choices are:

Harry = Alexis Denisof
Susan = Erica Cerra
Morgan = Clancy Brown

What are the rest, just out of curiousity.

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1226 on: July 20, 2010, 08:47:04 PM »
Oh. She is?  :o

Well she's passed off being latin in Eureka, since Jo is supposed to be hispanic, right?

Yeah, I usually have another choice besides Jim's, even though I like call of his choices so far.  8)

I have no idea, Blue, I don't watch Eureka  :-X Sorry!

And according to the trivia section on her IMDB page, she's of Italian descent :) I have a problem with actors portraying what they aren't, for some reason. It's through no fault of the actor, but my brain relies on rote -- I read what the character description is, and in my head, I perfect the image. For me, Susan needs to be portrayed by a Latina, and Anastasia needs to be portrayed (at least as an older woman) by someone who is Italian, because that is where her character was born, that is where her character lived, and that is who she is, up until the Corpsetaker stole her body. And then she needs to be portrayed by someone else, because now she's a tiny little curly-brown-haired American girl with an Italian woman's brain, lol.

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1227 on: July 20, 2010, 09:08:05 PM »
What are Jim's choices, and where did you all find them?

I mean I know from this thread so far that Jim's choices are:

Harry = Alexis Denisof
Susan = Erica Cerra
Morgan = Clancy Brown

What are the rest, just out of curiousity.

I have no idea. I do, however, know that Jim originally wanted to cast a mid-1980s Carrie Fisher in the role of Murphy.... although it's entirely possible that he was messing with people's heads. It WAS about four years ago when he said it :)

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline Wizard H

• Posty McPostington
  • A.K.A. Wizard H
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: July 20, 2010, 09:19:55 PM »
Having seen Sorcerer's Apprentice(don't burn me to a crisp...  I liked it.) and now I can totally see Jay Baruchel as Butters.
It's like Harry Potter got drunk and lost his virginity to the Ghostbusters.-Denarian XD
DV Wizard H V1.2 YR10 FR4 BK+++ RP++ JB++ TH++ WG+++ CL+++ SW+ BC++ MC++++ SH[Murphy+++++,Molly++,Lara+,Mab--,Maeve---] TT! MS++ MsD-- FF+++

Offline Bluebeard

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: July 20, 2010, 09:21:17 PM »
I have no idea, Blue, I don't watch Eureka  :-X Sorry!

And according to the trivia section on her IMDB page, she's of Italian descent :) I have a problem with actors portraying what they aren't, for some reason. It's through no fault of the actor, but my brain relies on rote -- I read what the character description is, and in my head, I perfect the image. For me, Susan needs to be portrayed by a Latina, and Anastasia needs to be portrayed (at least as an older woman) by someone who is Italian, because that is where her character was born, that is where her character lived, and that is who she is, up until the Corpsetaker stole her body. And then she needs to be portrayed by someone else, because now she's a tiny little curly-brown-haired American girl with an Italian woman's brain, lol.

I understand what you're saying. But hey, it isn't bad as the version of Susan they had on the TV show.  :-\

As for Clancy Brown, I remember seeing it in the casting thread somewhere.