Author Topic: The Virtual Gallery  (Read 72232 times)

Offline Blaze

• Cloak maker to Wizards.
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: The Virtual Gallery
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2008, 07:35:42 PM »
 Mac is here

Hope you like.   ;D
Chi pò, non vò; chi vò, non pò; chi sà, non fà; chi fà, non sà; e così, male il mondo va.

Offline Blaze

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2008, 07:49:44 PM »
MSD, those are terrific photos!  I think my favorite is the swan rising behind the other swan, who is unperturbed.  What a magic moment to have captured.

Priscellie, love your photography!  The dino theme is great.  Have you ever heard of  the Royal Tyrrell Museum?  Plan a trip there!  Drumheller, Alberta, Canada.  It is in the center of badlands.  Gorgeous scenery, and phenomenal weather.  They have live bone digs, and Drumheller is studded with dinosaur statues.

Chi pò, non vò; chi vò, non pò; chi sà, non fà; chi fà, non sà; e così, male il mondo va.

Offline Murphy's Stunt Double

• Needs A Life
  • Tiny... but fierce!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2008, 08:58:37 PM »
Thank you, Blaze. That was in Kensington Park back in Michigan... it's the beauty of Michigan I miss most.
If you are up to no good, please do no good for me too, okay?   ;D

Offline Persephone

• Posty McPostington
  • Random, uncensored, bizarre, but worth it!
    • View Profile
    • My Official Photography Site
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2008, 09:47:55 PM »
I put my link up in Weird... And I figure I'll put it up before I get lost contemplating everyone elses work.

I have more pictures that I need to get online, I got some beautiful Autumn leaves this October before it snowed. And somewhere I have pictures of apple blossoms...

But these are my favorite gladiola pictures...
http://s499.photobucket.com/albums/rr359/theliz13/Night%20Gladiolas%208-08/
Persephone aka The Liz
Queen of Hellfire  ~"Long May She Reign"~
twitter @theliz13
Science Fiction Writer
My Little Pony Addict.
"The devils NOT in the details, he's named in my divorce"

Offline Persephone

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2008, 10:12:16 PM »
Blaze... The fact that you got those shadows to look so authentic with PS is really a stroke of genius. *is a PS fanatic too*
I recently had to shop the family christmas photos... Let's just say out of 15, not ONE had me, hubby AND baby smiling... So I took the very best pic... and pasted in some heads. heh. IT was easy because the shadows were the same in all the pics, but Hubby walked in and saw me 'perfecting' the image, to the point you couldn't see the edges, watched silently for a while, then said "Remind me never to piss you off."
*smirks wickedly* It's a good thing I've never aspired to make anything... embarrassing... with my skills.

MSD... Prizes don't matter. Next to nothing I shoot is something people would PAY for, but since I shot it, I can see the subtle details that make it beautiful to me. I love your pictures. I lke the swans too, but my favorite is of the skyline lit up. I love architectural photography... *ponders* That reminds me, I really need to post my architectural pics from MileHiCon... not only did I meet Jim there, but the hotel was really neat.

Oh, and Priscellie, I'm highly jealous of the traveling you do... And very impressd by your pictures. The landscapes are fantastic. *hasn't had a chance to look at them all yet*

Edit to add: Tink... You're hubby's a cutie. And he has brains too? Lucky you! *wink* Again, I love your orchids. especially the bright yellow one, I'm a sucker for really radiant flowers.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 10:43:17 PM by Persephone »
Persephone aka The Liz
twitter @theliz13
Science Fiction Writer
My Little Pony Addict.

Offline Murphy's Stunt Double

• Needs A Life
  • Tiny... but fierce!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2008, 10:18:35 PM »
*psst... that was Priscellie's stuff*

It's fantastic, isn't it?

If you are up to no good, please do no good for me too, okay?   ;D

Offline Persephone

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2008, 10:48:12 PM »
There... Fixed it. *huggles MSD for saving her embarassment* I shouldn't confuse the Goddess with her Eyebrow.

Annnd... because I've had free time to be productive... More of my pics.

This is the Hyatt Regency Hotel in south Denver, that was kind enough to host Jim Butcher and the MileHiCon in October 2008. I loved the con... But I also loved the hotel. IT was steel construction, with three wings laid out at perfect angles to each other, and alots of blue glass, black steel, and open spaces.

http://s499.photobucket.com/albums/rr359/theliz13/MileHiCon%20-%20Hyatt%20Hotel/

It was lovely... Oh, and the other thing, since it was steel... It moved a lot... I had a lot of vertigo, but not as much as my Hubby, who I scared half a dozen times when I'd stand and lean Waaay over the guardrail to get the perfect picture... Whaaaat? I was only 7 stories up.  ;D
Persephone aka The Liz
twitter @theliz13
Science Fiction Writer
My Little Pony Addict.

The Mrs Geek

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2008, 11:23:02 PM »
Edit to add: Tink... You're hubby's a cutie. And he has brains too? Lucky you! *wink* Again, I love your orchids. especially the bright yellow one, I'm a sucker for really radiant flowers.

Thanks and yes he's a smart one too.  I got the full package really.  ;D 

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2008, 01:44:15 AM »
Mac is here

Hope you like.   ;D

DUDE.  YES.

Offline One Duck

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2008, 02:29:41 AM »
Wow! Everyone's stuff is awesome!

Your Friendly Neighborhood God of Fertility, Master of Pheromones, and Lord of Aphrodisiacs

Absolute Tyrant of Madagascar!

Offline Blaze

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2008, 03:59:24 AM »
The Gladiolas are wonderful, so is the architectural stuff, Persephone, is that a Portman building?

Glad you liked Mac, Priscellie.  Took me a while, but I think it was worth it. 

I am glad that people are posting their work here.  It is a good thing to share.  It has me wondering if I should add an album of my cartoons.  I do cartoons, mostly having fun with the SCA, or with any modern medieval juxtaposition.

The Mrs Geek

« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2008, 02:21:59 PM »
Sunrise on the beach in Salvo, NC and the Hatteras Island light house...http://s294.photobucket.com/albums/mm108/The_Mrs_Geek/Sunrise%20Dec%2026%2008/

Offline Blaze

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2008, 05:55:52 PM »
Oh wow, cool pix!  I love the juxtaposition of the slate color of the ocean with the peachy colored sky, very dramatic.  The truck is very funny, with the lights in the grill.  LOL  Tell us about the light house!

http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/cc139/blazeorama/newsletter%20art/
  Some ( a very small number) of the newsletter covers and art which I have done.  One of the covers I painted and auctioned off as a benefit.

Offline One Duck

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2008, 06:30:24 PM »
Wow is right!
Your Friendly Neighborhood God of Fertility, Master of Pheromones, and Lord of Aphrodisiacs

Absolute Tyrant of Madagascar!

The Mrs Geek

« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2008, 10:33:14 PM »
For all of you that wondered that is on the outer banks of North Carolina.  The truck is my uncle's.  He happened to be driving up the beach and saw me.  Except for the few minutes he stopped I was all alone as far as the eye could see with the just the sunrise, surf, sand and wind.  It was wonderful.

The Lighthouse is the Hatteras Island Light, one of 4 down here.  Pics of the other three coming soon.  I have to shoot two of them tomorrow because it got dark before I got a chance today.  Yay family highjinks.  The second that I have and will post soon is the Ocracoke Island Light which is the second oldest working lighthouse in the US.

Anywhoo...that's all for now.  Again Blaze, great work.