Author Topic: Something really odd is going on....  (Read 7464 times)

Offline Murphy's Stunt Double

• Needs A Life
  • Tiny... but fierce!
    • View Profile
Something really odd is going on....
« on: September 08, 2008, 03:14:25 PM »
This has been happening to me since yesterday. Is anyone else having a problem like this?

When I click the "show new replies to your posts" link at the top left of the page, it always comes up with the "I need your help and advice" thread, the last post being Lisa's at the bottom of page 14. I know there's more posts in that thread, I've seen them. In fact, this all started when I responded to that post and it didn't show up three times. It finally posted, but there's some kind of glitch in there now. The only way I can see the posts that are actually there is to go in the long way from the Community Board, through McAnally's and into the thread I want.

Similarly, even when I go through that way, the post that appears to be the latest post (on the far right) is incorrect. It's been the same one since 2 pm on Sunday.

Please help. This is really annoying!
If you are up to no good, please do no good for me too, okay?   ;D

Offline Murphy's Stunt Double

• Needs A Life
  • Tiny... but fierce!
    • View Profile
Re: Something really odd is going on....
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 03:47:23 PM »
Ok.... suddenly it seems to be working right again...
If you are up to no good, please do no good for me too, okay?   ;D

Offline Wizwad

• Seriously?
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 11:04:42 PM »
And suddenly, posts are going missing, and the System is telling me this thread has new posts, even though I read both of MSD's several days ago.

What on earth is going on?
Life  isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain. ~  Unknown

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 12:07:15 AM »
Often times, "posts going missing" is the result of the Word Association thread being deleted every fifty pages.  I don't archive them.  If you post frequently in that thread, you may notice your number taking quite a hit every so often.

Not sure about the second thing.

Offline Wizwad

• Seriously?
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 12:02:41 AM »
Nah, it wasn't my post count I was talking about.  I posted a response in a thread which wasn't the Word Soccer thread, and when I came back to it my post had vanished.  Very odd.  Not important, though, as I can't even remember which thread it was in.  It just surprised me!
Life  isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain. ~  Unknown