Author Topic: what playable stuff are you hoping for?  (Read 58244 times)

Offline TheMouse

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: what playable stuff are you hoping for?
« Reply #120 on: April 16, 2009, 03:47:15 PM »
Only if you keep naming them that. :)

Indeed. Bailywolf* over at RPGNet has done some very interesting DRYH conversions. For example, he did a clever one for Vampire where exhaustion became hunger and madness became beast; he called it Don't Feed Your Thirst. Your hunger talent was just some mundane skill, while your beast talent was essentially a Discipline.

At my joking suggestion, he also did a Venture Brothers conversion called Can't Best Your Dad. I can't remember madness, but exhaustion was snark. Whenever snark filled up, you had to storm off in disgust.

* Ben Baugh, I think. I suck with remembering people's real names.

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #121 on: April 16, 2009, 03:51:07 PM »
Indeed. Bailywolf* over at RPGNet has done some very interesting DRYH conversions. For example, he did a clever one for Vampire where exhaustion became hunger and madness became beast; he called it Don't Feed Your Thirst. Your hunger talent was just some mundane skill, while your beast talent was essentially a Discipline.

At my joking suggestion, he also did a Venture Brothers conversion called Can't Best Your Dad. I can't remember madness, but exhaustion was snark. Whenever snark filled up, you had to storm off in disgust.

* Ben Baugh, I think. I suck with remembering people's real names.

Yep, Benjamin Baugh. He's the one that wrote the Don't Lose Your Mind supplement for DRYH.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline TheMouse

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 16, 2009, 06:16:47 PM »
Sometimes I feel the compulsive need to do a DRYH version of things. This is one of those times.

Let's see. Pain and discipline can remain the same.

Madness becomes magic. Particular brands of magic talents should probably be worded a little broadly. Red Court vampires for example get super strength, addictive saliva, and dangerous claws and fangs with just one talent. When magic dominates, you get collateral damage. Stuff explodes, your place gets wrecked, and innocent bystanders get hurt.

Not sure what to do with exhaustion. Most of the stuff that goes wrong in Harry's life would fall under pain already. Hm.

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #123 on: April 16, 2009, 07:46:31 PM »
Not sure what to do with exhaustion. Most of the stuff that goes wrong in Harry's life would fall under pain already. Hm.
Obligations. :)
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.

Offline TheMouse

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 16, 2009, 08:02:54 PM »
Obligations. :)

So whenever obligations dominate, some pain in the ass whom you owe will call their due. That could work.

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #125 on: April 27, 2009, 04:05:00 PM »
Fred Hicks

Offline Gilesth

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 05, 2009, 01:30:02 PM »
I want to see rules for a
(click to show/hide)
from Turn Coat.
I write, I game, I read.  I'm a nerd, married to a nerd, and I'm proud of it!

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #127 on: May 11, 2009, 03:24:01 PM »
And today, the Were-Form character:

http://www.dresdenfilesrpg.com/2009/05/11/were/
Fred Hicks

Offline Lanodantheon

• Conversationalist
  • A Wizard is as a Wizard does...
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 11, 2009, 04:14:08 PM »
"Were-form shapeshifters must take a high concept aspect indicating that they are a shapeshifter-whether hereditarily or by choice-able to take on a single animal form"

So, I take it that to be a Pan-Were(A Were-Form with multiple shapes) you have to be a full-Blown Wizard or Sorcerer if you have the refresh cost? Otherwise, it says you have to pick one.

In Turn Coat,
(click to show/hide)

Also, according to Harry's establishment that magic still has to contend with physics, the were-forms would have another limitation, weight and mass. You can call substance from the Nevernever to add weight and, but the animal in question has to be at least your same mass. So, to play the 200lb. nerd who moonlights as a "Were-Bird" it would have to be atleast 200lbs.

For me, I can't but think that because there's no spirit link or anything, one could make a High Concept Fullmetal Alchemist inspired Were-Hybrid Animal or a Were-Dinosaur.  ;D

www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/the-emerald-city  (Nov 2012 Campaign of The Month)

fate-accelerated-star-wars-the-infinite-empire.obsidianportal.com/
(June 2016 Campaign of The Month)

My name is Lanodantheon Thul, Conjure that by your own risk....But first, you have be able to spell it...

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #129 on: May 11, 2009, 04:21:48 PM »
There's a "true shapeshifter" upgrade from the were-form basics, but that tends to be a pretty costly road to walk.
Fred Hicks

Offline Dan from Chicago

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 11, 2009, 08:48:37 PM »
There's a "true shapeshifter" upgrade from the were-form basics, but that tends to be a pretty costly road to walk.

So the
(click to show/hide)
in Turn Coat might be playable after all?  :)

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #131 on: May 11, 2009, 08:56:07 PM »
Playable in a "my soul works in service to the Dark Lord" or "my campaign is populated entirely by folks playing peers of the Senior Council" sense, maybe. :)
Fred Hicks

Offline T.R.C.C.

• Posty McPostington
  • The Red Court Courier
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 11, 2009, 09:47:46 PM »
I wonder if the watchers from the Dresden files tv show episode "Birds of a feather."counts as one of the were groups? I think it would put a nice spin on that story. :) I will have to run a were-seweralligator encounter with my friends when the game is released. Only one animal aspect allowed ? Bang goes my Manimal ripoff npc  as a basic were?.?.?.? :D
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 09:49:51 PM by T.R.C.C. »
Legitimatly earning money for the high cost of not living.
Hobbys include hunting down spelling and grammer mistakes with a dictionary shotgun, but a few slip by.

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #133 on: May 12, 2009, 03:04:37 PM »
The Watchers are *doable*, but they aren't canon from the game's perspective.
Fred Hicks

Offline Dan from Chicago

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 12, 2009, 05:26:07 PM »
Playable in a "my soul works in service to the Dark Lord" or "my campaign is populated entirely by folks playing peers of the Senior Council" sense, maybe. :)

heh ... wouldn't have figured the guys Bob was talking about would be Senior council level, since good'ole
(click to show/hide)
was. Figured they'd be lower power

The whole my soul in service to the Dark Lord thing would suck though :)