Author Topic: what playable stuff are you hoping for?  (Read 61281 times)

Offline NevynK

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: what playable stuff are you hoping for?
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2008, 01:19:10 AM »
Yeah no doubt a tech based character would have some major limits but thats the point. A character that can just power through everything gets boring really fast. I rather play the guy that keeps getting his pda fried but has a pack of 50 in a warded backpack and sticks to his guns no matter what. Although the precog junkie is starting to build up in the back of my brain. Guy that's trying to get clean and suddenly the world depends on the visions he has, only thing is he only has em when he's flying higher than a necro at a warden convention. Sounds fun.....

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2008, 01:48:19 AM »
We've posted the second character type over on the website today:

http://www.dresdenfilesrpg.com/2008/12/29/champion/
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

*Matt-D*

« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2008, 02:16:34 AM »
Thanks Fred...

Offline TheMouse

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2008, 02:38:23 AM »
Very cool. Thanks Fred.

Offline NevynK

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2008, 02:44:43 AM »
Muchas gracias federico  ;D

Offline Douglas

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2009, 12:38:51 AM »
This is neat.  How easy would it be to approximate the general ability set and requirements of the Champion of God with either the True Believer or Emissary of Power?  I'm thinking about creating a character from a non-monotheistic religion, though I'm still deciding between some variation of Wicca or Asatru, outside but who still fits into the same kind of role as the Knights of the Cross.  Just wondering about the best way to approximate the style and variety of abilities that the knights get using one or the other of those two character types.

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2009, 03:25:03 PM »
The lines between those types of characters are fuzzy, and that's intentional.  You could get pretty close.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline Shali

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2009, 05:25:15 PM »
As far as playable stuff, I am just hoping for the RPG itself to be playable by the end of this year by the masses.  I saw something that said the release date was the end of 2007 and that is obviously not accurate.  Is there a more accurate one?

*Matt-D*

« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2009, 06:08:36 PM »
I think Fred has said it will be ready when it is ready... I know it sounds like a smart assed answer but I really don't want them to rush something to market and it BOMB because of play ability issues or any other reason... I am Jonesing as much as the next person to get my hands on it..

Offline TheMouse

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2009, 06:49:54 PM »
I think Fred has said it will be ready when it is ready... I know it sounds like a smart assed answer but I really don't want them to rush something to market and it BOMB because of play ability issues or any other reason... I am Jonesing as much as the next person to get my hands on it..

It is frustrating needing to wait an indeterminate amount of time, but I agree. We're waiting for them to make sure that everything is right. It should hopefully be worth the wait.

Offline Soulless Mystic5523

• Posty McPostington
  • Icon lovingly crafted by ButMadNNW
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 01, 2009, 08:45:10 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong Fred, but isn't the bleeding alpha just about, or already done?
WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN.

Death    Reaper Man   Terry Pratchett

DV SoullessMystic5523 V1.2 YR7 FR5 BK++ RP+++ JB++ TH++ WG CL++ SW+ BC+ MC---- SH[Murphy++, Molly+]

Offline TheMouse

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 01, 2009, 09:06:21 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong Fred, but isn't the bleeding alpha just about, or already done?

Bleeding Alpha ended a while ago. According to one of the link's in Fred's sig, Burning Alpha is also over. (Not that I'm Fred.)

Offline Soulless Mystic5523

• Posty McPostington
  • Icon lovingly crafted by ButMadNNW
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 01, 2009, 09:09:13 PM »
Er, I meant burning. ;) Forgot which was first.
WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN.

Death    Reaper Man   Terry Pratchett

DV SoullessMystic5523 V1.2 YR7 FR5 BK++ RP+++ JB++ TH++ WG CL++ SW+ BC+ MC---- SH[Murphy++, Molly+]

*Matt-D*

« Reply #58 on: January 01, 2009, 10:16:56 PM »
From what I have gleened from reading blogs and other material, it looks like the beta is about to start soon.. how soon is the question

Offline TheMouse

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 01, 2009, 10:42:19 PM »
From what I have gleened from reading blogs and other material, it looks like the beta is about to start soon.. how soon is the question

If you follow the DFRPG link in Fred's sig, you can find information on where they are at the moment. It looks like Burning Alpha is done and they're doing some in house rules tweaks. It also mentions the possibility of a third Alpha test phase, but I really hope that they don't need it (because it'll add a couple of months to the time we have to wait).