Author Topic: is it going down again?  (Read 8397 times)

Offline gemstone

• Conversationalist
  • photo ©2008 gemstone
    • View Profile
is it going down again?
« on: May 26, 2008, 12:08:46 AM »
I keep getting that error message that I am offline again in the last few minutes.  I was only getting that on the Butcher forum yesterday.  And I wasn't actually off-line!
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.  It's about learning to dance in the rain."

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
Re: is it going down again?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 01:04:08 AM »
I don't understand.  There were no boards yesterday.

Offline gemstone

• Conversationalist
  • photo ©2008 gemstone
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 02:09:53 PM »
I was attempting to pull up the boards and my computer would throw up a cookie version dated 5/23.  My computer would then tell me I needed to connect to the Internet!  Then I would have to go to TOOLS and take the check mark off Work Offline.  It was too weird.  I could go to any website but this one without that happening.  I could get to the Home Page, but that would happen when I tried to get to the forums.  I started to get that message and result yesterday when I posted that question.  It hasn't done it at all since yesterday afternoon.  False Alarm.
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.  It's about learning to dance in the rain."

Offline gemstone

• Conversationalist
  • photo ©2008 gemstone
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 02:30:19 PM »
I take it back.  It just happened again when I tried to post in McAnally's.  Would not post and said I was off-line.  Had to go to tools and take a check mark off work-offline that I did NOT put there. It took me 3 tries to put the post up.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 02:32:21 PM by gemstone »

Offline gemstone

• Conversationalist
  • photo ©2008 gemstone
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 02:56:06 PM »
Sorry, don't mean to 'spam' but I just had it happen several times, but only when I try to post in McAnally's.  Don't know if that is significant of anything, but thought I would report it.

Offline Helen™

• Seriously?
  • Putting on the BOOTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 03:25:36 PM »
Maybe you should empty you temporary internet files.

Offline gemstone

• Conversationalist
  • photo ©2008 gemstone
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 03:44:08 PM »
do that about every day, but I will try it.

Offline gemstone

• Conversationalist
  • photo ©2008 gemstone
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2008, 03:47:51 PM »
nope, didn't work.  Just did it to me again.  But only on McAnally's which is just plain weird

Offline gemstone

• Conversationalist
  • photo ©2008 gemstone
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2008, 09:38:07 PM »
Too weird.  No problems since that last post until today and now it is doing the same thing and again, only in McAnally's.  Is that board in a separate location?  I read other posters saying the boards have been down today again.