Author Topic: Plz explain docked posts? so many gone......boo hoo....  (Read 8501 times)

Offline Malakai Jones

• Conversationalist
  • Ordo Pondera
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page
Plz explain docked posts? so many gone......boo hoo....
« on: May 06, 2008, 04:34:09 AM »
I couldn't find the answer myself, (I'm sure it is very easy to find) but why do some of us get docked a large number of posts? I just went down 21 posts...boohoo
"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." Ephesians 6:12

Offline JRBobC

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Plz explain docked posts? so many gone......boo hoo....
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 04:39:00 AM »
I couldn't find the answer myself, (I'm sure it is very easy to find) but why do some of us get docked a large number of posts? I just went down 21 posts...boohoo

A thread must have been deleted.  Apparently that happens.
Patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue, PATIENCE IS A F***ING VIRTUE.  There, now I might be able to follow it.

Regarding Cover art: "You have no control. If you’re really lucky you get an art director who will let you use Vaseline when he bends you over." -Glen Cook

Offline Murphy's Stunt Double

• Needs A Life
  • Tiny... but fierce!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 04:39:29 AM »
Did you post in the Word Association thread? When that one reaches 50 pages, Priscellie deletes them off the server to save space. Unfortunately, it detracts from the post count.
If you are up to no good, please do no good for me too, okay?   ;D

Offline Malakai Jones

• Conversationalist
  • Ordo Pondera
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 04:41:39 AM »
so how do i keep my posts? only post in unpopular or locked topics? I'm confused....I'm sry for the noobieness...
"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." Ephesians 6:12

• Needs A Life
  • Tiny... but fierce!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 04:43:47 AM »
Nah - Priscellie only does that in the Word Association thread, cause there's generally nothing in there to save for posterity, and we just take the hit on the post count. It's really only a hardship for the newbies like yourself that are fighting to get past that 100 post mark for whatever reason.

All the other threads go to The Nostalgia Nook (archive) at 50 pages. No count lost.

Offline Malakai Jones

• Conversationalist
  • Ordo Pondera
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 04:52:29 AM »
cool, thanks, ur always a help stunt double!

• Needs A Life
  • Tiny... but fierce!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 04:53:56 AM »
Thanks, I try to be.

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 01:37:22 PM »
Yup!  Thanks for answering, MSD.

• Needs A Life
  • Tiny... but fierce!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2008, 03:21:37 PM »
My pleasure!

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2008, 05:49:49 PM »
Nah - Priscellie only does that in the Word Association thread, cause there's generally nothing in there to save for posterity.

Ah, yes, for posterity we save the other threads....  Does anyone get a really funny image of three computer anthropologist or sociologist geeks a thousand centuries from now reading our posts?  I guess it would be better than going through our trash heaps (hopefully before long we all have zero environment footprints and there aren't any) but I see a whole cult being built up on CAW and what it might all mean in a spiritual sense...  :-)   Come to think of it, if there were a huge revolution or something it might have gotten it's start in Touch Subjects. 

uhm grammar check... should anthropologist and sociologist be plural?  What will those researchers think of our grammar based off postings.  Getting a headache thinking too hard.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 05:51:22 PM by meg_evonne »
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

Offline JRBobC

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2008, 12:10:12 AM »
Ah, yes, for posterity we save the other threads....  Does anyone get a really funny image of three computer anthropologist or sociologist geeks a thousand centuries from now reading our posts?  I guess it would be better than going through our trash heaps (hopefully before long we all have zero environment footprints and there aren't any) but I see a whole cult being built up on CAW and what it might all mean in a spiritual sense...  :-)   Come to think of it, if there were a huge revolution or something it might have gotten it's start in Touch Subjects. 

uhm grammar check... should anthropologist and sociologist be plural?  What will those researchers think of our grammar based off postings.  Getting a headache thinking too hard.

They'll either find a Rosetta-like Stone, or just choose to get stoned.  The latter would probably make everything perfectly clear.
Patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue, PATIENCE IS A F***ING VIRTUE.  There, now I might be able to follow it.

Regarding Cover art: "You have no control. If you’re really lucky you get an art director who will let you use Vaseline when he bends you over." -Glen Cook