Author Topic: Suggestion TO Jim.....  (Read 6991 times)

Offline bleet08

• Participant
    • View Profile
Suggestion TO Jim.....
« on: April 20, 2008, 05:50:21 PM »
Put a freaking warning in the front of the books.  ;D Something to that would point out all or most of the following:

You will be up reading into the wee hours of the morning.  Work, school, and life as you know it are going to change while you read a new book. 
Heaven won't have me, and I took over hell.  Talk about lofty goals, now all I have to do if get a date with Angelina.

Offline Moritz

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion TO Jim.....
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 09:35:28 PM »
Put a freaking warning in the front of the books.  ;D Something to that would point out all or most of the following:

You will be up reading into the wee hours of the morning.  Work, school, and life as you know it are going to change while you read a new book. 

nah, I only read the books on trips anyway. I just hope that Small Favor comes out in paperback in July, cause I have a 24h bus trip then.  ;D
I only read the British editions of Dresden Files, so I am half a year behind concerning the plot.
I also only read them when I travel.

Offline Murphy's Stunt Double

• Needs A Life
  • Tiny... but fierce!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 11:30:27 PM »
You know, that's a great idea, Bleet. And perhaps a suggestion that parents send the kiddies off to granny's so said wee ones don't get snarked at for interrupting, or come to believe that mummy and daddy have gone completely looney as they randomly bust out into minutes long laugh attacks.
If you are up to no good, please do no good for me too, okay?   ;D

Offline bleet08

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 04:28:24 AM »
^^^^^^^ ;D

I hear ya there!!  Maybe add to it.  Readers may experience a point in time, when other people will not understand their mumbling. 
Heaven won't have me, and I took over hell.  Talk about lofty goals, now all I have to do if get a date with Angelina.

• Needs A Life
  • Tiny... but fierce!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 04:30:54 AM »
Heh - a whole list of disclaimers...

It is not recmmended to drink beverages of any sort while reading this book, especially if said beverage is known to sting badly when exiting your nose.

Offline bleet08

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 01:32:08 AM »
I love it.  Pepsi would be one I would worry about the most. :P

Offline Kali

• Posty McPostington
  • Redhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 01:35:21 AM »
My suggestion?  That he get more beta readers.  I volunteer!
We don't get just one life.  We get as many as we can cram into one lifetime.

Visit my page! JessaLynch.com

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 02:23:48 AM »
My suggestion is still a warning label:

"DANGER! Keep your head out of your ass and remember that this IS Jim Butcher. Each book WILL end with more questions raised than answered. Dumbass."

;)
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

• Needs A Life
  • Tiny... but fierce!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 02:55:17 AM »
More disclaimers:

You will not find technically accurate details regarding guns in this book. If this is an issue for you, please put the book down now and pick up a copy of NRA Monthly.

Do NOT use this book as a mapquest of Chicago. You'll get lost for sure, and even Dresden won't be able to find you.

Offline Paynesgrey

• Bartender
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 01:03:12 AM »
More disclaimers:

You will not find technically accurate details regarding guns in this book. If this is an issue for you, please put the book down now and pick up a copy of NRA Monthly.

Do NOT use this book as a mapquest of Chicago. You'll get lost for sure, and even Dresden won't be able to find you.

*Twaps MSD in ear with rubber band*

"Warning:  If you think you know better than the author how he should do things in his own world, then this book is probably smarter than you are.  Please put it down before you hurt yourself.  You might have different tastes and ideas, but he's the guy who makes a living writing, and you'r not. 

If you actually are published, successful author and take issue with these books, this author, or his fans, I suggest you have a nice tall glass of STFU, because when I want your opinions, I'll go read your books.  Unless they suck."

• Needs A Life
  • Tiny... but fierce!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2008, 02:32:07 AM »
*rubs ear, scowling* what wassat for??  >:(

Offline Paynesgrey

• Bartender
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2008, 03:45:39 AM »
The same reason a cat must walk over and sit down on any new item added to a room, or even just moved.

Because it's there.

;D

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2008, 10:29:49 AM »
The same reason a cat must walk over and sit down on any new item added to a room, or even just moved.

Because it's there.

;D

Including (or perhaps ESPECIALLY) when the new item is a person's face.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

• Needs A Life
  • Tiny... but fierce!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2008, 09:09:12 PM »

Because it's there.

;D
oh. Okay, then. As long as there was a reason.

*Loads middlefinger against thumb and flicks PG's nose*

Cause it's cute.