Author Topic: Waiting......  (Read 1738 times)

Offline KevinEvans

• Conversationalist
  • The Butterfly did it, Alt History
    • View Profile
    • My personal Author page
Waiting......
« on: April 15, 2008, 02:35:40 AM »
So here we are,
(Karen and I) with four projects sent in (one contest, one edited copy of a sold short story, another edit of an unsold but almost sold story, and an article on air navigation in the 17th cent.) waiting it out.
How do you cope with the wait times? More writing helps, but a lot of out future projects depend on the projects that are currently under consideration. I cant wear a hole in the carpet, (replaced it with tile) and the itch to know what is happening is killing us. (sigh)
Regards,
Kevin
Are Tech articles written for a nonexistent town in an alternate universe, Fiction?

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
Re: Waiting......
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 03:44:40 AM »
Uhhh,  hang out at JB.com?  Read a book?

No seriously with all that happening something is going to pop.  Stop wearing out the carpet--it's expensive to replace.

I do things in threes and I only posted two above so I thought of a third and actually it's pretty good.

Write something large, complicated for yourselves.  Something for the challenge that needs a lot of research, something to challenge your craft because of its style or its plot.  Somthing that will never be commercial.  I mean you can't write 100% of the time to just be commercial.  Feed your soul, so to speak.

Anyway best wishes to both of you! 
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess