Linked Events

• Jim atndg. San Diego Comic Con: July 24, 2008 - July 27, 2008

Author Topic: San Diego Comic Con: July 24-27  (Read 79551 times)

Offline Amber

• Posty McPostington
  • Enchanted Storm
    • View Profile
    • My Own Message Board
Re: San Diego Comic Con: July 24-27
« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2008, 04:17:58 PM »
I didn't hurt him!  I constantly monitored his sanity-state.  Though perhaps it had more of an effect on him than I had suspected.  He was very open with sekrit Dresden stuffs over lunch. :D

You know, I *thought* about planting a listening device in your purse, and was too honest to do so ;)
"I am among those who think that science has great beauty. A scientist in his laboratory is not only a technician: he is also a child placed before natural phenomena which impress him like a fairy tale."
- Marie Curie

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2008, 04:26:11 PM »
And you will be spilling said "sekrit" Dresden stuffs to the rest of us, correct? Please.

Sorry to disappoint.  Though some of it should come out before too long--concepts for upcoming short stories, etc.  Other stuff, however, will take longer.  Let's just say I will no longer be participating in the "Who is Kumori?" threads. :D

You know, I *thought* about planting a listening device in your purse, and was too honest to do so ;)

I wondered why you were so emphatic that I should borrow your pen!  Treachery!

Offline Amber

• Posty McPostington
  • Enchanted Storm
    • View Profile
    • My Own Message Board
« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2008, 04:27:40 PM »

I wondered why you were so emphatic that I should borrow your pen!  Treachery!

The pen was just a decoy, m'dear.

"I am among those who think that science has great beauty. A scientist in his laboratory is not only a technician: he is also a child placed before natural phenomena which impress him like a fairy tale."
- Marie Curie

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2008, 04:31:47 PM »
Sorry to disappoint.  Though some of it should come out before too long--concepts for upcoming short stories, etc.  Other stuff, however, will take longer.  Let's just say I will no longer be participating in the "Who is Kumori?" threads. :D

Tell us how you prefer to be beaten and tortured for information. We're nothing if not considerate torturers.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2008, 04:33:03 PM »
Tell us how you prefer to be beaten and tortured for information. We're nothing if not considerate torturers.

Death by chocolate.

Offline Syntopicon

• Posty McPostington
  • All glory to the hypnotoad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2008, 05:00:40 PM »
Ok, so we need a large pot...a lot of chocolate, and some firewood.  Oh, and don't forget the matches.
Maybe some rope...to hold the pot over the flame.
Going for the biggest chocolate fondue ever here.
Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway.

You've seen it!  You can't unsee it!

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2008, 05:01:37 PM »
Ok, so we need a large pot...a lot of chocolate, and some firewood.  Oh, and don't forget the matches.
Maybe some rope...to hold the pot over the flame.
Going for the biggest chocolate fondue ever here.

You can't get information out of me if I'm dead!  Also, who will keep the site updated and do cute podcasts and such for you?

Offline Miharu

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2008, 05:04:02 PM »
You are the one who has brought up death. Twice. No one else has said a thing. (Whistles)

(I have one of those big blue spotted canning pots, is that large enough? Or are we talking Cauldron size?)
Tinkerbell's probably some flesh-eating Willowisp.

Offline Syntopicon

• Posty McPostington
  • All glory to the hypnotoad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 28, 2008, 05:06:21 PM »
You can't get information out of me if I'm dead!  Also, who will keep the site updated and do cute podcasts and such for you?

Just don't drown, then!  Only needs to be around 80 or 90 for most chocolates.   :P
Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway.

You've seen it!  You can't unsee it!

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 28, 2008, 05:14:19 PM »
Death by chocolate.

Sue & I were talking about taking you out some evening or weekend anyway - pick your favorite dessert spot.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #85 on: July 28, 2008, 05:27:39 PM »
Sue & I were talking about taking you out some evening or weekend anyway - pick your favorite dessert spot.

Oh, yeah!  I keep forgetting you two are New Yorkers!  I'd love to hook up with you again sometime. 

My good friend Jimmy is bartender at a fantastic French restaurant in midtown.  Their desserts are OH MY GOD AMAZING.  Or, we could do a more casual ice cream or gelato run.  I could take you to California Pizza Kitchen beforehand. :D

ToddM326

« Reply #86 on: July 28, 2008, 05:39:15 PM »
Death by chocolate.

Have I ever mentioned that I live about 45 minutes from Hershey PA? 

We could hold the torture there!  The whole town smells like chocolate!  She would be powerless to resist!

(otherwise, we can take her on the roller coasters in Hershey Park until she pukes, and gives up her Dresden Secrets...)

Offline JRBobC

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 28, 2008, 06:11:43 PM »
Surprised no ones thought of Chinese Water Torture.  Only instead of water you use chocolate.
Patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue, PATIENCE IS A F***ING VIRTUE.  There, now I might be able to follow it.

Regarding Cover art: "You have no control. If you’re really lucky you get an art director who will let you use Vaseline when he bends you over." -Glen Cook

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 28, 2008, 06:18:26 PM »
Oh, yeah!  I keep forgetting you two are New Yorkers!  I'd love to hook up with you again sometime. 

My good friend Jimmy is bartender at a fantastic French restaurant in midtown.  Their desserts are OH MY GOD AMAZING.  Or, we could do a more casual ice cream or gelato run.  I could take you to California Pizza Kitchen beforehand. :D

Sue's New Jersey Italian. I can't be held responsible for what she'll do if you try to take us to CPK. Haven't you learned that by now? ;D

What's the name of the restaurant? Is it the one that's dessert-only (or close to it) with $$$ listed as the cost for *A* dessert? As much of a skinflint as I am, I see that as a challenge LOL!

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #89 on: July 28, 2008, 06:37:22 PM »
Sue's New Jersey Italian. I can't be held responsible for what she'll do if you try to take us to CPK. Haven't you learned that by now? ;D

What's the name of the restaurant? Is it the one that's dessert-only (or close to it) with $$$ listed as the cost for *A* dessert? As much of a skinflint as I am, I see that as a challenge LOL!

Hee, nope.  It's Marseille.  Soooo muuuuch yuuuuum.