Author Topic: Things Harry Dresden Is No Longer Allowed to Do  (Read 216867 times)

Offline bookivore

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Things Harry Dresden Is No Longer Allowed to Do
« Reply #255 on: June 15, 2008, 12:54:12 AM »
Thomas:

I will not suggest that Thomas carve Justine's name in his back just like the Black Dagger brotherhood.  The guy might actually do it, and it's too sad.

I will not ask Thomas to 'do' Luccio's hair.  Or Murphy's. 

I will not ask Thomas for business cards to hand out at the police station.  But I might hand them out at Executive Workout (or whatever it's called).  Business girls need a good hairdresser too.

I will not ask Thomas to join in the Hunky Supernatural Guys calendar for charity that we're doing.  Or Michael, or Fix, or Carlos.  Even if some of the females think it's a really good idea.

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 15, 2008, 04:41:00 AM »
And I will not give Molly The Look and say, "I hope you will not keep my friend 'Los out too late, Apprentice." 

I will not keep the "No Boinking" rule in effect beyond what s strictly necessary for Molly's training, no matter how much I like being on Charity's good side.  It was funny while I wasn't getting any either, but now I feel kinda guilty.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #257 on: June 15, 2008, 04:48:33 AM »
I will not ask Thomas to join in the Hunky Supernatural Guys calendar for charity that we're doing.  Or Michael, or Fix, or Carlos.  Even if some of the females think it's a really good idea.

Humbug. :D

Offline GamerGirlsRock

• Participant
  • Hi, I'm... AN AUTHORITY FIGURE
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 15, 2008, 01:22:36 PM »

While I'm sure they're all *rrrrrrrrrripped*... I'm betting all of the above have a fair piece of scarring, too.
You know it's bad when the workaholic tells you to log out.

Offline Delarith

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 15, 2008, 07:13:38 PM »
Chicks dig scars!  Just ask Luccio.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 16, 2008, 09:36:51 PM »
I will not name my first child Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser the Third, no matter how much currency it would give them in the supernatural world.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Miharu

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 17, 2008, 03:52:25 AM »
I will not name my first child Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser the Third, no matter how much currency it would give them in the supernatural world.

Okay, that one you will need to explain. I get the long name part allowing you plenty of conversations with demons, but why Valentinez? And isn't Alkaline(lla)? something in batteries?
Tinkerbell's probably some flesh-eating Willowisp.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 17, 2008, 04:08:44 AM »
Okay, that one you will need to explain. I get the long name part allowing you plenty of conversations with demons, but why Valentinez? And isn't Alkaline(lla)? something in batteries?
obscure Trigun reference, sorry.  Vash the Stampede (most wanted man in the world with a huge bounty on his head) gave it as a fake name to Wolfwood on their first meeting.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Soulless Mystic5523

• Posty McPostington
  • Icon lovingly crafted by ButMadNNW
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 17, 2008, 04:11:30 AM »
For a moment, I thought it was a Cowboy Bebop reference until I actually read the name. ;)
WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN.

Death    Reaper Man   Terry Pratchett

DV SoullessMystic5523 V1.2 YR7 FR5 BK++ RP+++ JB++ TH++ WG CL++ SW+ BC+ MC---- SH[Murphy++, Molly+]

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 17, 2008, 04:16:42 AM »
For a moment, I thought it was a Cowboy Bebop reference until I actually read the name. ;)
I was going to post Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky IV, but it was so short...  ;D
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline stingray00alex

• Participant
  • World Domination or bust!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 17, 2008, 05:05:38 AM »
I will not hiss "It is inevitable..." at my enemies during battle.
a) Even after the battle.
b) Or before it.

I will no longer do Johhny Depp impersonations after being shot at by Denarions and hitting a reef.

I am not allowed to use an imitation of Sith Lightning on enemies.
a) Despite the opportunity to say, "You will pay for your lack of Vision."
b) Even if my enemy happens to BE a Sith.
c) I am, however, allowed to Force Choke Nicodemus. It's the best way to kill him. But I'm not allowed to say, "Apology accepted, commander," after his lifeless corpse hits the floor.

I will not try to make a single ring of power. I'll just have to make do with as many force rings as I can jam on.

I will not use Thomas to get women who are out of my league.

I will not swell my army of Z-lord's guard to epic proportions to try and conquer Chicago.
a) Or the world.

I will not accept the mantle of Winter Knight. It would make French Kissing arkward, to say the least.

I will not let Bob possess Mouse. No Peeps theater would be safe.

I am not allowed to call my blasting rod a wand.

I am not allowed to dress up as a Wizard on Halloween.

Molly is not allowed to shower in my hotel room anymore.

-Voldemort is nearly invincible to idiots like Harry Potter, but all the magic in the world won't save you when Kincaid puts a bullet in your throat from 2000 feet with a sniper rifle.-
-Araris Valerian doesn't sleep. He waits.-
Martial artists unite to take over the world!

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 17, 2008, 03:35:08 PM »
Heh.

If I ever do put together a spell that does something similar to a Force choke, the words I associate with it for casting will NOT be "I find your lack of faith disturbing."
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Gman

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 17, 2008, 06:05:35 PM »
It would be really satisfying if Harry went to Police HQ and confronted all the guys giving Murphy a hard time and did the Force Choke on them, not to kill them but to let them know he is a real wizard and to stop harrassing Murphy. He could use that calm DV voice. I doubt it will ever happen.

Offline Homer

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 17, 2008, 06:40:35 PM »
Murphey would kill him if he tried something like that.
Slinky + Escalator = Endless Fun

Offline Dragonblood309

• Conversationalist
  • -You have died of Dysentery-
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 17, 2008, 06:55:39 PM »
I will never again ask Bob for sex advice. Even though the feeling DID return to her legs...eventually.
This nurse walks into a bank and wants to write a check. She reaches into her purse and pulls out a rectal thermometer. She looks at it and says "Oh no! Some asshole has my pen!"