Author Topic: Writing Excuses  (Read 2421 times)

Offline kilks401

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Writing Excuses
« on: April 07, 2008, 05:45:08 PM »
At writingexcuses.com there is a 15 minute weekly podcast about writing. It's interesting, funny, and quick and its about the type of fiction that many people who frequent this board are undoubtedly writing.

I highly recommend checking it out, even if this weeks topic doesn't interest you because they are covering sub-genres of science fiction, check out other weeks because they talk about more broad topics generally. 

For those of you into the Wheel of Time, Brandon Sanderson, one of the people who host the podcast, is the writer finishing a Memory of Light. Howard Tayler, one of the others, writes the Schlock Mercenary comic strip.

Offline BobSkull

• Participant
  • Justice or Vengeance?
    • View Profile
Re: Writing Excuses
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 04:54:33 AM »
"Fifteen minutes long, because you’re in a hurry and we’re not that smart."

Love that line. :D Brandon is a great guy, and kilks is right, these podcasts are fun and informative.
The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Offline Moritz

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 06:06:25 PM »
Thanks a lot for pointing that out, I read this thread here yessterday and since then listened to all episodes. Very fun & educating at the same time.
I only read the British editions of Dresden Files, so I am half a year behind concerning the plot.
I also only read them when I travel.

Offline KevinEvans

• Conversationalist
  • The Butterfly did it, Alt History
    • View Profile
    • My personal Author page
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 02:27:21 AM »
LOL,
 I was going to bring this site up too, great minds, or perhaps just all corrupted in the same way, think alike. (grin)
http://www.writingexcuses.com/

BTW,
you can usually see these three at this Symposium,
http://www.ltue.org/LTUE_home.html
held every year in Provo, usually in february, It has helped my writing immensely.
Regards,
Kevin
Are Tech articles written for a nonexistent town in an alternate universe, Fiction?

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 07:22:56 PM »
Hey, Ive been looking for the Blogs JB did on writing and I cant for the life of me seem to find them.  Does anyone know where they are hiding or have links?
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

comprex

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 07:26:01 PM »