Author Topic: Published Author On Board  (Read 149370 times)

Offline trboturtle

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Trboturtle's writing pad
Re: Published Author On Board
« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2010, 08:25:24 PM »
Been out for a while, but I'm still writing. (Up to seven stories now on Battlecorps.com, including a major anthology for teh dire) I plan on contuning short stories until I feel comfortable, then slowly expand from there into novels. When I do make that jump to novels, I want to have something to show I have a track record......

Craig
Author of 25+ stories for Battlecorps.com, the official website for Battletech canon stories.
Co-author of "Outcasts Ops: African Firestorm," "Outcast Ops: Red Ice," & "Outcast Ops: Watchlist"
http://thebattletechstate.blogspot.com

alchemystik36

« Reply #76 on: March 31, 2010, 04:24:26 PM »
Still working on the Heiress Of Magic series. Part of it was bought by the now-defunct CHARMED magazine; I've gone back to rewrites, bringing in original characters as to no longer associate the series with the TV show. Sold the poem " Invitations To Life " to a German mag. Was paid peanuts ( and tasty they were! ) but never saw the finished product. Ah well..

C'est la vie!

Offline adgramaine

• Conversationalist
  • Me n' Harry, we got a few things in common!
    • View Profile
    • Haphazard Projects Forum
« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2010, 04:13:39 AM »
I'm a small press, self published game designer. Our first effort - InSaNiTy the RPG - has been a local hit, allowing me to wrangle some shelf space at local gaming shops. Otherwise, we're available online through Lulu and RPGDriveThru. It's encore, Terminal Insanity, was recently released.

I stress small press; I can tell you exactly how many copies of each book that have been purchased. We're waiting to hear back from some distributors, fingers and everything else possible crossed....
Faith is seeing the light when all about is dark.

It's a Living!

Offline Romantic Heretic

• Participant
  • I'm out of my mind. It's dark and scary in there.
    • View Profile
    • Romantic Heretic
« Reply #78 on: June 14, 2010, 03:40:56 PM »
Okay, got the right thread this time. Sorry about that.

Hello all.

My name's Rob and I am a published writer. If you count e-books as published which a lot of people don't.

Currently I'm working on a menage romance. I got started in erotica and am still very fond of writing it.

Also working on a vampire novel. I wrote a series of vampire stories with the narrator being a vampire. I like the characters and world so much I have to keep dreaming up new stories for them.

I played with the vampire oeuvre a little. My vampires are undead blood drinkers who hunt through seduction, but being dead, none of their, um, equipment works. It's tricky writing erotic scenes with that limitation. Also, my vampires can't laugh or cry. They might want to, but they can't. It adds horror and angst to their stories.

Nice to be here.

P.S. I see a few people I know from elsewhere here.
To be angered by evil is to partake of it, stupid. - Phrases of Import and Salvation, Chapter IX, The Book of Universal Truths and Other Humorous Anecdotes

Offline theDwarf

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2010, 05:05:54 AM »
D. M. Zwerg

Published coauthor or contributor on a number of gaming books for Kenzer & Company.

Lord Flataroy's Guide to Fortifications (coauthor)
and the Kalamar Atlas
but made minor contributions to many more.
-D.M.Zwerg
Mathematician

Offline Curly

• Posty McPostington
  • Roar!!! *Coughcough*
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 16, 2010, 09:17:26 PM »
Seriously though, how is it that Jim hasn't made the obvious post in this thread?
;) unless explicitly stated otherwise

Quote from: Neurovore
Why are you assuming it has to be heartbreaking ?

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 14, 2010, 07:46:21 PM »
Seriously though, how is it that Jim hasn't made the obvious post in this thread?
More than likely his minders keep him focused elsewhere.  Too many opportunities for someone to say, "Hey, he got that idea from me!"  You understand, right?  Besides, we'd all rather he was writing! 
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

Forest

« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2010, 07:09:40 PM »
I am a published writer.

I've written several stories (of community interest) for area newspapers. I've written for both online (e-zine) and a small print trade magazine.

And I have a four book young adult fantasy series released by a small independent press.

I've a fifth novel (paranormal romance) that I've queried with a romance publisher. Waiting to hear back.

And two other manuscripts (both paranormal romances) halfway finished. And I've started on a couple more.

Stories just keep popping into my brain.

And I've decided to start looking for an agent.

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2010, 04:10:38 PM »
I am a published writer.

I've written several stories (of community interest) for area newspapers. I've written for both online (e-zine) and a small print trade magazine.

And I have a four book young adult fantasy series released by a small independent press.

I've a fifth novel (paranormal romance) that I've queried with a romance publisher. Waiting to hear back.

And two other manuscripts (both paranormal romances) halfway finished. And I've started on a couple more.

Stories just keep popping into my brain.

And I've decided to start looking for an agent.
Ahhh, sweetie...  It's okay to post your web-links and titles.  :-)  It isn't considered shameful self-marketing.  Welcome!
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

Forest

« Reply #84 on: October 14, 2010, 12:17:34 AM »
Ahhh, sweetie...  It's okay to post your web-links and titles.  :-)  It isn't considered shameful self-marketing.  Welcome!

Oh. Okay. But I figured if anyone was curious about them, they might click on my profile. My website is there.

They are listed at Amazon under my pen name JoElle Martin, the Dreamer's Forest series.

www.dreamersforest.com

Thanks.  :)

MrsAWiggins05

« Reply #85 on: November 15, 2010, 02:55:10 PM »
I've e-published lots of children's poetry, but the majority of my publishing has been non-fiction children's magazine articles with a couple of fiction thrown in.

I'm working on a young adult horse-and-sword fantasy, but I'm having no luck finding a publisher for a half-finished-probably-crappy novel. I'm discovering that finding publishers for books is vastly different than magazine sales. Oh, well. I make enough from the magazines.

Offline whingnut

• Conversationalist
  • @RobJDurand
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 15, 2010, 10:22:19 PM »
I've e-published lots of children's poetry, but the majority of my publishing has been non-fiction children's magazine articles with a couple of fiction thrown in.

I'm working on a young adult horse-and-sword fantasy, but I'm having no luck finding a publisher for a half-finished-probably-crappy novel. I'm discovering that finding publishers for books is vastly different than magazine sales. Oh, well. I make enough from the magazines.
Rachel is currently working on a novel and as part of her preparations to write she researched how to get published. Since then we have spoken to several other folks in the industry ( Anne Sowards Jim's Editor was one) and the general point of agreement was get an agent first. It becomes the agents job to sell your book for you and they have the connections to do so. Presented only as an FYI . I wish you all the best with your creative endeavors !
"Did not see some of it coming AT ALL--crazy ramifications for Dresdenverse" - Anne Sowards 08/03/12 on Twitter regarding Cold Days

Offline Starbeam

• Posty McPostington
  • Twitter: @stellamortis
    • View Profile
    • Stella Mortis
« Reply #87 on: November 15, 2010, 10:45:56 PM »

Along with what whingnut said, Anne also said that publishers want the book to be finished before you query.  It lets them know that you can finish a book.
"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." Ray Bradbury

MrsAWiggins05

« Reply #88 on: November 15, 2010, 10:57:02 PM »
Along with what whingnut said, Anne also said that publishers want the book to be finished before you query.  It lets them know that you can finish a book.

Thanks, guys! The thing is, I already know all of this in my head (having taken the same approach with the magazine articles.) I was really just sending out tentative feelers on the book, to see if there would be interest.

Offline Starbeam

• Posty McPostington
  • Twitter: @stellamortis
    • View Profile
    • Stella Mortis
« Reply #89 on: November 15, 2010, 11:34:07 PM »
Thanks, guys! The thing is, I already know all of this in my head (having taken the same approach with the magazine articles.) I was really just sending out tentative feelers on the book, to see if there would be interest.
A good way to see what publishers are interested in is to follow editors on Twitter, or to see if they have blogs.  Same with agents. 
"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." Ray Bradbury