Author Topic: Published Author On Board  (Read 149373 times)

dresden451

Re: Published Author On Board
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2008, 07:28:37 AM »
Heh, well, I think it depends on the author. :)  I almost had a nervous breakdown a couple weeks ago with my workload, and I suspect I have it light compared to Jim!!

I guess you're right :P  Poor Jim.  We work him like dogs, don't we?

*cracks whip

Work Jim! Work!

Offline Medinnus

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2008, 09:50:57 PM »
Author of dozens of really boring technical manuals, most recently the user and administrator guides to Verizon's MSP product (Hosted shared Exchange for your phone, and so forth).

And one of the authors of this:

http://www.whiterocketbooks.com/index_assembled.htm

Lit crit and commentary on the Marvel comic, the Avengers.

Offline dantesparadise

• Conversationalist
  • Abandon hope, all ye who enter here
    • View Profile
    • Lost: Midnight Mist Preview
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2008, 02:19:02 PM »
happy news i made it big time i just searched my book on amazon and it was there yay ^_^
I died.  There was no life flashing before my eyes.  There were no harps.  There were no white robes.  There was no land of milk and honey.  There were no wings…

Offline dantesparadise

• Conversationalist
  • Abandon hope, all ye who enter here
    • View Profile
    • Lost: Midnight Mist Preview
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2008, 02:48:56 PM »
hey guys good news Lost: Midnight Mist just became a featured book on Amazon.com and its affiliates like target and barnes & nobles, there is even a wikipedia article so check it out if you like. you guys are really helping me out thanks for the support and for those of you enjoying the chapters so far chapter three will be released on friday. check out wiki if you can't wait till then.
I died.  There was no life flashing before my eyes.  There were no harps.  There were no white robes.  There was no land of milk and honey.  There were no wings…

Offline TwistedWillow1912

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2009, 09:19:25 PM »
I'm a wannabe!  ;D
I write all the time, which is why I have so many unfinished stories floating around in my disaster of a locker (I'm in high school) including a half-finished script, a half-started books, and a variety of poems ranging everywhere from political to bitchy!

Question; if you have a story already going, and you get an idea for another book, is it stupid to try writing them both at once? Because I'm writing like six different stories right now! lol
(My teachers are less-than thrilled about my literary commitment...especially in class!)
That's right! I'm a knife-weilding, Ninja Poptart who hates Twilight...what'cha gonna do?!

~compliments of: My Twisted Imagination~

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2009, 11:02:11 PM »
why don't you shift TW to a new thread in Author Craft?  we can discuss it there?  And I'm so SLOW, congrats to Dante!!!

well done!! 
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 11:03:44 PM by meg_evonne »
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

Offline thausgt

• Conversationalist
  • Hyperspace Arsenal: A wizard's best friend.
    • View Profile
    • Perrin's Oddments
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2009, 04:11:54 AM »
I guess you're right :P  Poor Jim.  We work him like dogs, don't we?

*cracks whip

Work Jim! Work!

Now I've got an image of Bob the Skull reciting a Dresdenverse version of "See Spot Run" stuck my head:

"See Jim. Jim is a writer. Jim writes books. See Jim write. Write, Jim, Write!"
From my heart and from my hand
Why don't people understand
My intentions?

Offline cfos

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2009, 06:05:20 PM »
New to the forum and relatively new to the Dresden books (which I really enjoy). 

My writings and have all been of a scientific kind. 

I have 15 publications (11 first-author) in scientific journals: Brain Research (5), Behavioral Neuroscience (2), Psychopharmacology (2), European Journal of Pharmacology (1), Drug and Alcohol Dependence (1), Pharmacology, Biochemistry and Behavior (1), Neuropharmacology (2) and 1 in the Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences.

Looking to branch out into other genres. 

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2009, 09:06:59 PM »
Welcome and now I know who to call if I'm looking for a dissertation on the probably or possible effects of the Vampyr Virus....  :-) 

Welcome and best wishes on your exploration of fiction.
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell

Offline Dizzy

• Posty McPostington
  • more than you can handle
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2009, 10:31:11 PM »
Alas, I was almost published. The only reason I wasn't is because I didn't submit my work on time. I could have resubmitted at a later date but never did. I sometimes wonder if I could still submit my work, it is still relevent and would need updated stats. I don't think it is something most of you would be interested in though. It is a nursing paper on screaning for domestic violence. My instructor in college, Jakie Campbell (actually appeared on Oprah once), wanted me to submit it and sponsered me a semester to write it for publication and for Independent study credits. I also wrote several SOPs for the Navy, lol.

Congrats and Good luck to the authors here. I'm adding you all to my wich list!!

Fare thee well my friend, you take a peice of my heart with you.

Her Highness Dizzy, Divine Ruler of The Everlasting Skies, and Supreme Exalted Commander-In-Chief of the Pharaoh's Royal Air Force.  Oooh-rah!

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2009, 11:17:27 PM »
DIZZY!  :-)  Hi!  Haven't seen you post in awhile, you must be in threads that I'm not normally in...

Offline Dizzy

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2009, 01:06:19 AM »
No, I actually haven't posted since around February, but I missed you guys, a lot, so I am trying to be around more.  ;D

Her Highness Dizzy, Divine Ruler of The Everlasting Skies, and Supreme Exalted Commander-In-Chief of the Pharaoh's Royal Air Force.  Oooh-rah!

Offline cfos

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2009, 04:55:39 AM »
Welcome and now I know who to call if I'm looking for a dissertation on the probably or possible effects of the Vampyr Virus....  :-) 

Welcome and best wishes on your exploration of fiction.

Thanks!

Offline Dizzy

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2009, 05:24:37 AM »
I'm reading the first published book by a new author, I met her at a signing at the mall. The book is called Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey (is that a cool name or what) and I am liking it quite a lot. It's a teenage vampire ramance of sorts, I would have loved it when I was a teenager  ;D

Offline EmmettSpain

• Lurker
  • Auditioning for the Za-Lord's guard...
    • View Profile
    • Old Haunts by Emmett Spain
« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2009, 08:20:47 AM »
Hey Guys!

I'm freshly published - just released an urban fantasy novel called Old Haunts this week. Here's the blurb from the back of the book:

Jack Worthington's life has hit a dead end. Business as a spirit talker is as dangerous as it is underpaid. He is behind on the rent, terminally single, and every morning he awakens to be haunted by the ghost of an eighty year old woman with a bad memory.

Naturally, things only get worse.

In saving the life of a client, Jack is forced to break one of the fundamental laws of existence, a crime that carries with it the punishment of death. Knowing that his days—or hours—are numbered, he races to forestall his inevitable death sentence, but in his travels unwittingly stumbles upon a potential catastrophe in the making.

Now he has to figure out why the ghosts of London City are sowing fear and paranoia into the minds of police and ordinary citizens, and what it all has to do with the anniversary of the infamous citywide riots that occurred one year ago to the day. His search eventually leads him to a haven for the city’s underworld denizens, where he must face a vampire with whom he shares a terrible link to the past, all while trying to stay alive just long enough to avert the apocalypse.

Some days saving the world kinda sucks.

So there it is! If you're keen to check it out, here's the link (amazon listing is pending):

http://www.strategicbookpublishing.com/OldHaunts.html

If you have any questions about the book or want to talk about it, feel free to e-mail me... Would be sweet to meet some fellow Dresden fans out there  :)

My e-mail is emm_ett@hotmail.com

Thanks