Linked Events

• Signing: San Diego, CA: April 05, 2008

Author Topic: Signing: San Diego, CA, on April 5th  (Read 25327 times)

Offline Amber

• Posty McPostington
  • Enchanted Storm
    • View Profile
    • My Own Message Board
Re: Signing: San Diego, CA, on April 5th
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2008, 01:03:00 AM »
Yes!  It'd be great to meet some of the board members.

I saw the procrastinate shirt.  I need to get it for my husband.  I already bought him "I never finish anyth" ;)
"I am among those who think that science has great beauty. A scientist in his laboratory is not only a technician: he is also a child placed before natural phenomena which impress him like a fairy tale."
- Marie Curie

Offline elderbrothergruff

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2008, 01:46:06 AM »
My notes.  I'm sure I'll remember more later:

UNSEELIE ACCORDS:  This was my question and I didn't manage to get the answer I wanted but I did get that the Unseelies were signed a long time ago and that there are about 25 baronies in addition to the main signers and that most people who signed did not do so with good faith.

MAC:  Second part of my question was how did Mac fit in?  He had a sponsor who put him up with the Unseelies as Accorded Neutral Gorund but Jim can't say who because it gives too much away.

LUCCIO/SWORDS:  She won't regain the ability to make them in the story arc.  Charity also can't make them because she gave up her magic. 

WHITE COUNCIL:  A war amongst the White Council is extremely likely.  It would be messy and it would make things hard on Harry so odds are good it will happen at some point.

MOLLY:  Her apprenticeship will last 7-8 years so we'll see her grow and mature.  She has magic because she was born not long after her mother gave up her magic.  None of her siblings will have magic because it's been too long since Charity put her magic aside.

HARRY'S BIRTH:  Anyone born under the same circumstances as Harry could have had the same power he does.  In fact other wizards born at the same time do and we will likely meet some of them.

LASCIEL:  Someone asked if we'd see Lasciel again and he wouldn't answer but when I saw him for White Knight he said we would and we'd possibly see Lash again too

SUSAN:  We'll see her again in book 12.

POST ALERA:  Alera is going to be six books,  after that he's doing a sci fi series set in the future called US Marshalls
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 01:55:58 AM by elderbrothergruff »

Offline KingPandemic

• Conversationalist
  • read too much gotta pay more than smokers :]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2008, 02:05:41 AM »
Yes!  It'd be great to meet some of the board members.

I saw the procrastinate shirt.  I need to get it for my husband.  I already bought him "I never finish anyth" ;)

everybody loves it, random people start laughing and say "i like your shirt"
it almost makes one feel.....noticed :P
i have teeth?

Offline Xellos

• Lurker
  • I don't believe in faeries!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2008, 05:29:41 PM »
I agree that the t-shirt is awesome :D it was great to stand in line with you!

we should all meet up at Comic-Con, maybe plan it when the times gets nearer?

Indeed - fun standing in line with you as well. I'm definitely going to be there, and it would be great to meet up with some other Dresden fans.
"When you do something stupid and die it's pathetic.  But when you do something stupid and live it's heroic."

"What we're doing is pathetic, right?"

"Probably."

Offline Valorclast

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2008, 06:34:08 PM »
awesome, thanks for the notes elderbrothergruff!

Indeed - fun standing in line with you as well. I'm definitely going to be there, and it would be great to meet up with some other Dresden fans.

for sure, I'm guessing they'll have a panel with him so we should stake out a section (in the front of course). If there is no panel.... well we seem to be adept at line forming and waiting :P

I can feel you all around me
Thickening the air I'm breathing.
Holding on to what I'm feeling,
Savoring this heart that's healing.

~~~
Valorclast of the Blackthorne's

Offline Amber

• Posty McPostington
  • Enchanted Storm
    • View Profile
    • My Own Message Board
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2008, 07:10:17 PM »
well we seem to be adept at line forming and waiting :P

Comic con *is* the Line Ride.

Last year, they started doing limited signings where you had to draw a ticket to get the right to wait in line to get something signed.  I am a-feared that Jim might be big enough to warrant this.  I mean... Go Jim!
"I am among those who think that science has great beauty. A scientist in his laboratory is not only a technician: he is also a child placed before natural phenomena which impress him like a fairy tale."
- Marie Curie

Offline Xellos

• Lurker
  • I don't believe in faeries!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2008, 08:28:35 PM »
Yeah, I considered going down for Warren Ellis last year, but between the fact that he was doing signings on Friday (I think) and the fact that it was a lottery to even stand in line, I gave up.

Maybe if something similar happens with Jim this year, we could finagle a way for forum members to get line tickets? ;D
"When you do something stupid and die it's pathetic.  But when you do something stupid and live it's heroic."

"What we're doing is pathetic, right?"

"Probably."

Offline hamiltond

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2008, 08:34:20 PM »
That would be sweet.  But what would be criteria.  Number of Post, Length of Time on Site? 

I know.  Every Member of the site that donates a small amount to the site ( 5 buck at least) could get a little pass or sticker that lets them get to the front of Jim's line that way we would help the site, get to the front of the line and Jim would know who we are!!  It's a win-win for everybody!! :D

Whadya think?
Whaddya got for a fiery beam o death?!!
You got nuthin for a fiery beam o death!!!

"Mo Magic, Mo Problems"

Offline redgriffin

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2008, 10:55:37 PM »
Does anyone know which day Jim will be at the Comic Con?

Offline Amber

• Posty McPostington
  • Enchanted Storm
    • View Profile
    • My Own Message Board
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2008, 01:18:46 AM »
He didn't say, but if I had to guess, he'll probably have panels on Friday and Saturday, as that's when that sort of panel is usually held.

I can keep an eye out when the final program is released, but that won't be for awhile.
- Marie Curie

Offline Valorclast

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2008, 03:51:04 AM »
Comic con *is* the Line Ride.

Last year, they started doing limited signings where you had to draw a ticket to get the right to wait in line to get something signed.  I am a-feared that Jim might be big enough to warrant this.  I mean... Go Jim!

i remember well... i stood in line for an hour or more for stargate tickets and got nothing from the lottery >_<

Jim though, we shall see. :)

At the very least we should organize a Fan thing that they have now. It was new last year and is put on by fan organizations (i'd say the forum counts for sure). Ben Browder and several producers showed up at the stargate one and signed stuff, talked with us, took pics etc. Definitely should look into it!

~~~

Offline Amber

• Posty McPostington
  • Enchanted Storm
    • View Profile
    • My Own Message Board
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2008, 02:02:12 PM »
i remember well... i stood in line for an hour or more for stargate tickets and got nothing from the lottery >_<

Jim though, we shall see. :)

At the very least we should organize a Fan thing that they have now. It was new last year and is put on by fan organizations (i'd say the forum counts for sure). Ben Browder and several producers showed up at the stargate one and signed stuff, talked with us, took pics etc. Definitely should look into it!

I didn't know that they had fan events.  That's really cool.

Husband went through the Stargate line for me like 3 times.  (I was in the Ballroom 20 line.)  Nada.
- Marie Curie

Offline Valorclast

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2008, 12:32:34 AM »
I didn't know that they had fan events.  That's really cool.

Husband went through the Stargate line for me like 3 times.  (I was in the Ballroom 20 line.)  Nada.

such a bummer.... my friend and i went through once than ran to the ballroom to get seats, I may have seen you and never known :D

The fan events were brand new last year, so not a lot of people knew about them. It was great though, hope they have them again this year

~~~