Author Topic: Search sorting...  (Read 8528 times)

Offline JRBobC

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Search sorting...
« on: February 06, 2008, 08:22:02 PM »
Is there anyway to sort the results of a search?  Am I missing it?  Not too long ago I was trying to search for something that was fairly recent, but had difficulty finding what I was looking for because I had a whole bunch of stuff turn up that was not related to what I was looking for.  I am might just suck at searching though.
Patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue, PATIENCE IS A F***ING VIRTUE.  There, now I might be able to follow it.

Regarding Cover art: "You have no control. If you’re really lucky you get an art director who will let you use Vaseline when he bends you over." -Glen Cook

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
Re: Search sorting...
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 08:28:31 PM »
In the Search, you can specify a "Message Age."  That should narrow your results down.  You can also order by "Most/Least Recent Messages First" and choose which boards to search.

Offline JRBobC

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 08:33:56 PM »
In the Search, you can specify a "Message Age."  That should narrow your results down.  You can also order by "Most/Least Recent Messages First" and choose which boards to search.

I'm a grade A dumbass.  I see now.  I always just typed in the search field and wanted to sort afterward if necessary.  I never noticed the search tab, which after being here for almost a year ya'd think that I would.  *takes palm strikes forehead, Hard*
Patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue, PATIENCE IS A F***ING VIRTUE.  There, now I might be able to follow it.

Regarding Cover art: "You have no control. If you’re really lucky you get an art director who will let you use Vaseline when he bends you over." -Glen Cook

Offline Lord Nedd

• Posty McPostington
  • JB says "Beware the Mind Control Lasers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 08:59:48 PM »
I'm a grade A dumbass.  I see now.  I always just typed in the search field and wanted to sort afterward if necessary.  I never noticed the search tab, which after being here for almost a year ya'd think that I would.  *takes palm strikes forehead, Hard*

I'll help!  *slaps LN's hand hard on the back of JRBocC's hand.  JRBocC goes tumbling across the room.*  That is what friends are for!

-LN
Cerebrum! Ceterus niveus caro!
-words to live by for the Erudite Zombie.

Offline JRBobC

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 09:24:37 PM »
I'll help!  *slaps LN's hand hard on the back of JRBocC's hand.  JRBocC goes tumbling across the room.*  That is what friends are for!

-LN

Ow!  I deserved it though.  Looking at that search tab there are all kinds of options that I wanted.  So to reiterate, I am a dumbass.

Offline Lord Nedd

• Posty McPostington
  • JB says "Beware the Mind Control Lasers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 09:49:48 PM »
Ow!  I deserved it though.  Looking at that search tab there are all kinds of options that I wanted.  So to reiterate, I am a dumbass.

Not at all!  You are just wonderfully human.  Welcome to the club!

-LN
Cerebrum! Ceterus niveus caro!
-words to live by for the Erudite Zombie.