Author Topic: WOJ search for Uriel/Odin deal for Murphy.  (Read 5341 times)

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
WOJ search for Uriel/Odin deal for Murphy.
« on: September 22, 2023, 06:55:07 PM »
I posted on reddit about Vadderung making a deal with Uriel for Murphy but I can't find the WOJ.  Recent WOJ's have seemed hard to find as they aren't in Serack's compilation.  Anyone have that WOJ handy?
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: WOJ search for Uriel/Odin deal for Murphy.
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2023, 07:01:49 PM »
Uriel and Kringle have lunch once per year I believe it’s in Christmas Eve.

I would suspect it’s the 6 December the Feast of St Nicholas which allows them to sort out whole Christmas thing.

Dessert is Angel food cake and never Mince pies.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2023, 09:32:00 PM »

Yeah, but I bet it will mean more thorns than happiness and roses for Harry, he isn't meant to have that kind of happiness and never will.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2023, 10:59:14 PM »
It isn't in Christmas Eve. I believe it is Woj.  I did find this but have yet to find the one explicity about Odin negotiating for Murphy from Uriel.

What topics do Uriel and Odin discuss in their yearly lunch?

Uriel exists across the entire spectrum of possibility in the multiverse. They're all the same everywhere, he's just as exasperated in all of them. Vadderung is also across a large spectrum, but he's a different individual in each. Uriel finds the consistency comforting. Vadderung is one of few beings with the right perspective. Also, they talk about the eternal light/dark war.

Offline LaraBeck

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2023, 04:47:11 AM »
I've seen that WOJ, unfortunately I can't find it now, but it is about Odin and Uriel having lunch together once a year, in no terms a deal about Murphy is mentioned in that WOJ or in any WOJ after.

The idea that maybe Odin and Uriel have maybe negotiated over Murphy's destiny after her death is fan speculation with a base on the WOJ about the lunchs, and another WOJ where Jim says that people are not asked to join the Einherjaren but can be sort of drafted. But he's never said/confirmed that Odin and Uriel have effectively negotiated Murphy's fate.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2023, 04:54:34 AM by LaraBeck »

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2023, 05:48:14 PM »
The idea that maybe Odin and Uriel have maybe negotiated over Murphy's destiny after her death is fan speculation with a base on the WOJ about the lunchs, and another WOJ where Jim says that people are not asked to join the Einherjaren but can be sort of drafted. But he's never said/confirmed that Odin and Uriel have effectively negotiated Murphy's fate.
This is also my memory.

But I AFAIK nobody is comprehensively collecting WoJ's these days, transcribing audio into searchable text, etc etc etc; so none of us can really be certain we've got comprehensive info.

The only relevant WoJ I recall (and it was only cited by someone else, I haven't seen / heard the original) suggests that afterlife!Murphy isn't satisfied with her options and is actively seeking loopholes & rule-bending in order to return.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2023, 07:15:14 PM »
The only relevant WoJ I recall (and it was only cited by someone else, I haven't seen / heard the original) suggests that afterlife!Murphy isn't satisfied with her options and is actively seeking loopholes & rule-bending in order to return.
I've seen the quote today.  Jim basically says Murphy isn't the type to just stand around waiting and that she is trying to find a way back into the fight.

Offline LaraBeck

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2023, 08:18:33 PM »
I've seen the quote today.  Jim basically says Murphy isn't the type to just stand around waiting and that she is trying to find a way back into the fight.

Those are two different quotes, whenever Jim first spoke about Uriel and Odin having lunch was a Q&A years ago, the one you're mentioning now, about Murphy not being satisfied with her situation, it's from like a couple of weeks ago. Those two things might be related (and fans will speculate that they are), but there's definitely no quote of Jim saying that Uriel and Odin made a deal for Murphy.

Yes, that's what he said in a recent Q&A, like a couple of weeks ago, again the Q&A where he mentions Odin and Uriel having lunch together, because they're sort of working in the same field, is from a couple of years ago. Could be related, yes, if you want to add things up, but not the same WOJ.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2023, 08:23:31 PM by LaraBeck »

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2023, 08:25:52 PM »
My first question was: "Since Murphy has recently become a just mostly dead Einherjar, how likely do you see it that she, given her personality and love for Harry, would be content to abide by the „until she has passed out of living memory“ rule and not try to subvert it in some way?"

His answer: Does Murphy strike you as someone to just follow along with such a rule? Of course she will try to subvert it somehow.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2023, 08:28:15 PM »
Has King Arthur made an unannounced appearance already. Yes. Dunn Dunn Dunn. What I will say is: He will return to Britain at its darkest hour. (Possibly freer here because of the earlier question this week about the scabbard?)

I wonder if Mac is King Arthur or the Brit in Demonreach.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2023, 08:30:02 PM »
What happened to Chandler? You won’t know until Mirror Mirror. Hint hint

Starborn is the endgame of the series.

He hasn’t indicated where the White Court came from, but Harry might find out over the dates.

We will find out who told Harry to Piss Off on Demonreach.

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2023, 08:34:54 PM »
My first question was: "Since Murphy has recently become a just mostly dead Einherjar, how likely do you see it that she, given her personality and love for Harry, would be content to abide by the „until she has passed out of living memory“ rule and not try to subvert it in some way?"

His answer: Does Murphy strike you as someone to just follow along with such a rule? Of course she will try to subvert it somehow.

Can you provide us with a pointer/linky?

Was this a vid or audio?  (if so, roughly how far into the stream was this?)
Or was it a text-based "AMA" or the like?

Offline LaraBeck

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2023, 08:55:16 PM »
As far as I know, there's no video, there's a comment of someone who attended the Festival and posted the information on reddit (btw, the poster is actually the one who asked the question). Here's the thread, and here it is mentioned that Murph would be the type to try to subvert whatever rules are being applied to her:

https://www.reddit.com/r/dresdenfiles/comments/16kgvwr/qa_fantasyfestival_2023_in_esbjergdenmark/

The first time the yearly meeting (I'm not sure lunch was exactly the meal, but it's probable) between Uriel and Odin is mentioned, I believe it was around 2020-2021.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2023, 09:05:05 PM by LaraBeck »

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2023, 09:20:03 PM »
Yeah I posted a bunch of reddit transcription as a new topic with summaries and some links.  Some might be redundant.

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2023, 09:33:34 PM »
Yeah I posted a bunch of reddit transcription as a new topic with summaries and some links.  Some might be redundant.
TYVM!