Author Topic: Bonnie and the Knights of the Cross, a question  (Read 996 times)

Offline RobReece

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Bonnie and the Knights of the Cross, a question
« on: July 05, 2023, 10:06:48 PM »
Something occurred to me and I just wanted to throw it out there...

Bonnie is,  in part at least, a remnant of a fallen Angel.  Will she perceive Sanja, Waldo or even Michael as potential threats? And in her "innocence ", what would she do about it?

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Bonnie and the Knights of the Cross, a question
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2023, 06:47:40 AM »
Why would she tho? Admittedly I theorized she'd kill Murphy by accident not knowing the difference between inanimate objects and living things 🤷‍♂️ but idk why she'd view them as a threat unless they already were doing the same to her.
(Does bring a stray thought about her being a spirit of intellect and fallen just being the spirits of what were angels 🤔 but anyway)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2023, 06:15:10 PM »
Something occurred to me and I just wanted to throw it out there...

Bonnie is,  in part at least, a remnant of a fallen Angel.  Will she perceive Sanja, Waldo or even Michael as potential threats? And in her "innocence ", what would she do about it?

I think it is tricky because technically it was Lash, Lasciel's Shadow who was her mother.  And since Lash redeemed herself when she sacrificed herself for Harry, I don't think she'd seem them as a threat.

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2023, 11:15:39 PM »
Lasciel's Shadow would see the Knights as a sort of "threat" ... or maybe a "competitor" (for the soul of their Host).  But I don't think either can directly-affect the other.

Free-willed Lash is likely to have taken a lot of her feelings about the Knights from Harry, just as he impacted her in other ways.

Also:  don't forget that Bonea is at least as much Harry's daughter as Lash's.

Offline vincentric

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2023, 11:19:13 PM »
Well, she definitely doesn't see Michael as any kind of immediate threat. She did reside at the Carpenter home after Cold Days, heck, she was born there. And that means she doesn't have that Fallen vibe or else Uriel would have taken action. Bonnie, at least at this stage of her life, is an innocent. She's more someone the Knights would protect than guard against. And now that she's at the castle, she's shielded from outside influence there and protected by Bob. It would be easier to steal the wooden skull and compel her than it would be to confuse her enough to attack the Knights.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2023, 10:12:28 AM »

It does get complicated, because even the shadow of Lasciel knew Michael, knew how Harry felt about his friend.  She never expressed any thoughts to Harry that Michael was a threat.  Perhaps that was part of a clever plan of the cunning Lasciel that backfired, or the Shadow didn't even try because she knew that on that point there was no convincing Harry.  The Shadow was changed and became Lash out of love for Harry, Lash was redeemed.  The Knights are all about redemption, even for the Fallen.

But back to Bonnie, yes, as of now she is an innocent, a child, but she still has the memories of Lasciel doesn't she? Her memories must extend before the angel rebellion that caused them to be expelled from Heaven.  Remember the brief scene in St Marys when Lash wistfully mentions the beauty of the church and how she misses that?  Or when she helped Harry to play the guitar, making music was another thing she couldn't do after the Fall..  Perhaps because she is half human spirit, and because of the changes in the Shadow when she became Lash, Bonnie will also have a choice?  At the moment she doesn't see the Knights as enemies, but at some point she will have to pick a side.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2023, 04:28:11 PM »
Bonnie is her own person and has the memories of both her parents. It should be noted that Lasciel probably had much less interaction with Michael than Harry did. Her opinion of Michael is likely therefore to be empirically predicated more on Harry’s view than Lasciel’s.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2023, 07:22:39 PM »
Bonnie is her own person and has the memories of both her parents. It should be noted that Lasciel probably had much less interaction with Michael than Harry did. Her opinion of Michael is likely therefore to be empirically predicated more on Harry’s view than Lasciel’s.
I agree, plus the love for Harry reawakened in my opinion the Shadow of Lasciel's longing for how it was before she got expelled from Heaven.