Author Topic: Does anyone know..  (Read 934 times)

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Does anyone know..
« on: July 04, 2023, 04:28:08 AM »
Does anyone know what the reference is for "if you figure it out Jim will change what happens"?
I have a fair idea about what it was but I never actually caught the events unfold.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone know..
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2023, 10:02:54 AM »
Does anyone know what the reference is for "if you figure it out Jim will change what happens"?
I have a fair idea about what it was but I never actually caught the events unfold.

No, but I also know that isn't true. Because I had guessed something, I posted it, was right, told so
by personal message from one of his readers but was told not to openly talk about it until the book came out.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2023, 10:18:35 AM »
No, but I also know that isn't true. Because I had guessed something, I posted it, was right, told so
by personal message from one of his readers but was told not to openly talk about it until the book came out.
🤔👀 what?  Something that's already happened now? what's that then? Find it very odd a reader would openly contact you using something easily recordable to basically tell you you're right but don't talk about it. It's far from the first time someone's guessed something correct.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2023, 02:37:32 PM »
It depends I think on whether it becomes generally accepted or is one amongst a host of competing theories.

The most important thing is that Jim MUST protect himself from claims of plagiarism, look at the recent Ed Sheeran cases and the steps taken to beat such allegations. In my case Jim is free to use any of my ideas and theories and I waive all claims so I am never going to be contacted (I am also wildly disbelieved and often have competing theories) BUT I am aware that he doesn’t read this forum, someone certainly does   On his behalf but likely brings to his attention where there is an lucky ‘guess’ for a novel too close to publication to alter it now

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2023, 02:47:05 PM »
🤔👀 what?  Something that's already happened now? what's that then? Find it very odd a reader would openly contact you using something easily recordable to basically tell you you're right but don't talk about it. It's far from the first time someone's guessed something correct.

I guessed based on the scene in Dead Beat when Harry was being tortured by Cassius and "prayed" for help, in other words, now was a good time for a Holy Knight to show up, Butters showed up with Mouse and saves.  I guessed and posted that Butters would be a Holy Knight someday.  I got a lot of flack for that, but I got a personal message from Serack, one of the Beta readers before Skin Game came out that Butters was going to be, but to keep it to myself until the book came out.  Serack even confirmed in a post after the book came out that I had guessed right. It is there in one of the discussions after the book came out.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2023, 05:01:47 PM »
To be fair Jim also dropped some foreshadowing in Ghost Story, he may have done that in acknowledgement of Mira’s guess it depends upon relative timings, of Serak’s messaging and Ghost Story’s publication date.

So rather than Jim cancelling a plot-line, he can act to re-inforce it instead in intervening material until it comes to fruition.

That makes sense, given the number of theories I alone have spun out all possible plot-lines would have been terminated.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2023, 07:57:27 PM »
Don't know why that one was a big deal unless it was placement of your comment(because of course, they're only privy to the book being wrote/read currently, give or take about a year and the comment is just another good guess without anyone being the wiser)
I had a litmus test back in the day if I guessed something good tho. It would attract shecky to comment on it if it was correct lol. Happened more than once.(which is why I take it for granted Nemesis IS Nemesis the goddess, or the goddess Nortia became known as Nemesis because Nemesis supplanted her. 12 of one a dozen of the other)
I was wondering tho, because that might've been my fault. One of the times I've been driven from here and reddit in utter annoyance I did something not so nice and placing the wrong person in the cross hair in hindsight. I spread the rumor Jim had Wojed a confirmation of who the prisoner in DR was based on whom I'm fairly sure it is. But I disappeared from the fandom after that and the "Jim will change what he writes" trope popped up by the time I returned. Was wondering if an apology is in order. As indeed I do not want him to change his works unless he wants to co-op a theory cause it's good. And hey, since it's a theory of what I think is already going to happen I have no legal rights to the idea!🤷‍♂️
And no, I'm not going to repeat my theory on the prisoner again, the only hint I have is, the clues are there just not presented in context and the people who think it's Merlin are at least in the right mythos..
I understand now why he said something, more for your benefit I think.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2023, 08:04:58 PM by The_Sibelis »

Offline peterwiggin94

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2023, 03:46:47 AM »
What is this talking about? Did Jim or his assistant say something somewhere?

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2023, 03:57:19 AM »
What is this talking about? Did Jim or his assistant say something somewhere?
that's what I was trying to find out, the source of the idea that spread that I've since encountered as," Jim changes things if you guess them anyway so stop."