The Dresden Files > DFRPG

A Nevernever Thing

(1/3) > >>

Frankto:
So yeah, I've talked about this before but I'm putting together some stuff to try and breathe some life into this game, maybe get it talked about a bit more. This isn't that, exactly, but more something I'm doing in-between. It's usually part of my process to break things down and build them back up to understand them better, which is how this started. I guess I wanted to know more about the Nevernever and the Ways, and so now here we are.

• Link: Wandering the Ways
• Link: DFRPG Revival Project

Basically this book is a work in progress and maybe about 20% done, but I figure it might start doing its job and maybe get people talking. Plus, who doesn't love free stuff?

What I'm Doing: I'm putting together a collection of thoughts and observations to help GMs handle Nevernever things mid-game a bit easier, and a collection of new realms and regions to populate the Nevernever a bit, maybe concretize some things to make it a bit easier to do. That's the hope, anyway.

What I Need: If anyone has thoughts and feedback, or really any opinion on whether this is going to be at all useful to anyone, I guess that would help. Save me some trouble, at least! More specifically right now, though, I'm not sure the blurb on the Faerie page helps or gives any more information than the table does. It's all just words to me now, so I could use some more eyes on it.

Faerie is one of two Realms we've actually seen in the books so far, though, so it's a bit awkward writing these since we already know about them. The other one is the Outer Gates, so after that I'll get into more fun stuff.

More on that when I have more to show, I suppose.

Version History:
* Version 0.1: The original. See the DFRPG Revival Project folder for all versions after this one. Yes, I know how pretentious that sounds but I couldn't think of anything else to call it.
* Version 0.2: Added the Outer Gates.
* Version 0.3: More art! Is more AI art a good thing, or a bad thing? Only one way to find out.
* Version 0.4: Added the Underworld, now moving on to the next section to revisit later on and add more realms and regions.
* Version 0.5: Minor readability tweaks, preparing the document for Part 4 (of 7, plus 3 appendices... so far).
* Version 0.6: Who knows? I don't remember.
* Version 0.7: Added part 4 up to and including all types of geographies in the Nevernever.
* Version 0.8: First draft of part 4 is finished, and the book is now effectively usable by anyone (with some assembly required).

Taran:
looks cool!

I haven't given it a full read-through yet.

Frankto:
Glad you think so!

I'm dropping a link here so people can keep track of the project as it evolves in case anyone is interested. It's arrogantly titled the Dresden Files RPG Revival Project because I couldn't think of a better alternative.

Sanctaphrax:
Huh, interesting stuff. I'll give this a proper read-through, and some feedback, as soon as I have time.

In the meantime, have you looked through the Travel Guide section of our wiki?

Frankto:

--- Quote from: Sanctaphrax on June 04, 2023, 05:26:03 AM ---Huh, interesting stuff. I'll give this a proper read-through, and some feedback, as soon as I have time.

In the meantime, have you looked through the Travel Guide section of our wiki?

--- End quote ---

Ha! I hadn't, instead I scoured the forums and only found your Gates of Muspelheim, which is partly what inspired me to do this in the first place.

I'll give this a look tomorrow when it's not so late. I welcome any and all feedback! Strangely enough, I just happened to be working on Jotunheim tonight.

EDIT: At a glance, my aspect game is weak. I'm definitely going to have to work on these, I think...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version