Author Topic: New Weird  (Read 30087 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: New Weird
« Reply #195 on: October 08, 2023, 01:14:19 AM »
((((((((Regen))))))))))))
:) did they show his face when she said that?
No, not really, they were showing the girl doing the introduction, but they later showed him smiling and sending greetings to "president Maduro and his horrible dictatorship".

I hope you enjoy your secret reading!

Sorry you and your husband are ill. Get better soon! We are both with a sort of a cold too. He began before, with a lot of coughing and later a running nose. He is quite better now. But on Wednesday I was on a bus with air conditioning and even when I covered myself I think that is why my throat was sore and I began coughing. Today he is almost well, but i have the (not so bad) running nose and the very annoying coughing. My throat is not sore but it itches and it is too dry.

I hope that does not prevent you to have fun with your friend.

I finished watching Ahsoka and I liked it. I am very interested in what the future has in mind for Star Wars.

After watching so many ads about Lupin season 3 in Netflix I finally decided to begin watching the show. It is weird. I watched 4 episodes and I have a ton of critics, I do not think it is that good, BUT it is addictive. I want to keep watching!
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 14, 2023, 07:53:42 PM »
I am now in chapter 8 (or the third episode of season 2) and ir is a touch better. Nothing mind blowing but still fun to watch.

I do not remember if I told you that a while ago (several weeks!) I have a falling in the bus. Nothing serious, a few bruises that were healed in a few days, but I had a minor pain in the larger toe of my left foot. And that pain lingers, never getting better. So I went to the doctor, got X-rays, turns out it was nothing serious, basically a bruise. But he recommended me some kinesiology. I went to a professional twice so far, and i had not noticed any changes yes. Let's see what happens next week.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 15, 2023, 02:18:14 PM »
((((Dina))))

Sorry to hear about your hurting toe. Maybe it is some hurt in the joint. They take months to heal. I once had one in the thumb and middle finger of my right hand from a bad accident while skating. Actually I am sure it was a pretty impressive stunt from the viewers' point over view, lol. I remember it was early spring, I was still young and slender and living alone in the city. There were still a lot of pebbles on the streets from winter. They are thrown there to reduce the slipperyness when there is ice on the streets.
I crossed a big street at the traffic lights, one of those where all the heavy trucks were driving. So there were some depressions in the street from their tyres, and in there lots of pebbles. One can't skate through pebbles, so I decided to jump over them, not for show, but because I was too fast to stop in time. So I took two nice jumps and while in the air during the last jump, I noticed I would land exactly on the edge of the sidewalk.
As I didn't want to break my leg I did something that resulted in a somersault. Somehow I came to my feet during the movement and just drove on until I was out of sight. Then I looked down and my whole right arm was scratched open, as was my right leg. There was blood too. I think I rolled over my right side and came to my feet as if on purpose, lol.

What I wanted to say. The thumb was ok after a few weeks while the middle finger took half a year to stop hurting.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 16, 2023, 12:19:13 AM »
Ouch Regen! I am hurting just imagining it.
My pain is quite bothersome actually because sometimes it is random. Other times I can predict "if I place my foot this way it is going to hurt, if I place it this other way it won't" but sometimes I am comfortable, painless and it suddenly begins to hurt. Anyways, I have sessions Wednesday and Friday this week, I'll let you know how it goes.
Next week we have the presidential elections. I am quite terrified but that is pretty much the only thing I will say about that.
Also, today was Mother's Day here, so congratulations Regen! And congratulations to any mother reading this, and to the mothers of every forumite  :)
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 16, 2023, 07:49:41 AM »
Also, today was Mother's Day here, so congratulations Regen! And congratulations to any mother reading this, and to the mothers of every forumite  :)

Thank you.  :-* Here, Mother's Day is on the second sunday in May.

I wish you luck and may the painless toe soon be with you.

My PT will last till the end of the month. But I think I know now how to go on. They showed me a lot of exercises. I just have to remember doing them.
And also a lot of cycling is good for the arthrosis.
Maybe I'm going to decide to have surgery on the left knee as well. But not until next year. Perhaps it won't be necessary, if I continue my exercises and stretching.

I am still reading the secret book. Mini has not noticed yet, but she told me that she found a new book online (this book), but there is no translation yet. Aaaaww, what a pity, lol. I know the translation will be out soon, because I have already preordered it. Muahaha!

The book is nice, but a little bit too focused on the romantic side for my taste. But I know for a fact that Mini is very fond of said romantic side. So definitely the right book for her.
For me, I like the ones with focus on the adventure, a little character development and if the protagonist finds love in between, I'm ok with it, but it is not a necessity.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 16, 2023, 08:30:23 PM »
((((Regen)))) I hope it all goes as well as possible with your knees.

I share your feelings about romance and adventure in the books. In general, I prefer that my adventure books are adventure books, with romance being the spice and not the main course.

We are having very nice, sunny days lately. October is a month I would suggest to visit Buenos Aires. Weather is nice and there are flowering trees that make it prettier than ever.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 17, 2023, 01:54:35 PM »
Sounds nice. We are having some cold days now after an unusually warm October.
Now it is freezing in the mornings (below 0) and about 10-15°C in the afternoons.
But it looks beautiful. Leaves falling, trees and bushes in green, red and yellow. Fog at ground level near the river. Looks mysterious. 🙂

I'm excited because this week I will see my old friend again, who lives 5 hours away. Her kids have their autumn holidays and they always come for a week to visit the family. And friends. 😊

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 17, 2023, 11:23:28 PM »
Ah, I can imagine it looking so beautiful.
I am curious about the concept of Autumn holidays. How is the school year in Germany? I mean, when it begins, when it ends, when are the Holidays? Inquiring minds want to know.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 19, 2023, 07:36:17 AM »
Ah, I can imagine it looking so beautiful.
I am curious about the concept of Autumn holidays. How is the school year in Germany? I mean, when it begins, when it ends, when are the Holidays? Inquiring minds want to know.

Hi, Dina. This looks like a simple question, but I'm afraid there is no simple answer, lol.

Because there is no answer for all of Germany.  As you might know, Germany has 16 federal states. And each state has it's own rules regarding political decisions for it's own state. While there is a government for the whole of Germany with a constitution for the whole country, there are little intern governments representing and caring for each federal state, elected by the people of that state for that state alone. It would be too complicated to explain here in detail.

So, the school system can be slightly different in each federal state. The kind of schools there are, at what age school starts, how stuff is taught and so on.

Also the holidays are not at the same time. But what they all have in common: there are long summer holidays after which the new school year starts. In Bavaria they are six weeks usually the whole of August, beginning in the last week of July, sometimes on the last day of July and ending at the second Tuesday of September. 

In other states they start in the middle of July , end at the end of August. Or start at the beginning of July and end in the middle of August.

I think all of them have autumn holidays, but some one week, some two weeks. We have one week, my friend from Rheinland-Pfalz (Rhineland-Palatinate) has two weeks.
Then there are the Christmas holidays.
We have 14 days starting at the 23rd, they have 10 days starting at the 27th.

I did some research, but I won't go into detail for the other holidays:
So there are summer, autumn (around All Saints Day), Christmas, Easter and Pentecost holidays, which vary in length and starting date (except for summer, all the other holidays are either one or two weeks, depending on the federal state), some have additional winter holidays (in February, varying between 2 and 5 days), some don't.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 19, 2023, 12:28:03 PM »
Oh, that was very interesting. I had never thought there would be such statal differences. Most of my country had the same schedule, with the only exceptions being places were Winter are too cold, so they have larger Winter holidays and more classes in the Summer.
Thanks for your detailed explanation!
Missing you, Md 

Offline PilgrimDan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 20, 2023, 08:43:55 AM »
Hello again. How's everyone doing?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 20, 2023, 11:48:00 AM »
(((((((((((((((PD)))))))))))))))))))))))
Happy birthday! I just got up but I will do the thread now.
I hope you are doing well. I am mostly nervous because Sunday are our presidential elections. I can't think in much more.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 20, 2023, 10:47:07 PM »
https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/dd454/Paulette72/IMG_20161124_124200_zpsbn5vq8zl.jpg?width=320&height=320&fit=bounds

The picture is old, but it shows some good moments of Buenos Aires, like the ones we are living now. They are also pink-flowered trees and near my university we have some ligher pink ones and some yellow-flowered bushes, which I love.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2023, 10:49:05 PM by Dina »
Missing you, Md 

Offline Doroga's Cousin

• Needs A Life
  • Not sure if Correct
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 21, 2023, 09:55:30 AM »
Hello from Norway, the Weird. I'm having a pleasant little vacation. My friends are making apple cinnamon pancakes for breakfast.  :)
Is it just me or is it getting a little solipsistic in here?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 21, 2023, 06:39:43 PM »
*glomps DC*
That is awesome!
It seems like a weird choose for a vacation, but I heard it is beautiful, so enjoy yourself!
Missing you, Md