Author Topic: Starborn - Generals used to control the Outsider Armies or weapons to fight them  (Read 4343 times)

Offline HeWhoSucksAtWalking

• Participant
    • View Profile
Simple enough question..The WC seems to fear Harry like he's Darth Vader. My question is if the whole Starborn system was infact  put in place by the Old Ones or Outsiders to lead their armies since only Mortal Magic can summon them here ( also given they seem to be able exert some control over the Outsiders . Then at some point the whole system was hijacked at some point by the accorded nations.. Thoughts?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2022, 09:13:17 PM by HeWhoSucksAtWalking »

Offline seanham

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
I have toyed with the idea that Starborn are part outsider and that is why they are not affected by outsider powers. With this line of thought in mind, it makes sense that Starborn are then created to lead outsider armies because as humans (or part humans) they have the ability to pull in vast numbers of outsiders and if the Starborn can bring up a Banner they will need to be protected from the in-humanness of the outsider minds. This however is a double-edged sword in that the Starborns are able to have greater ability and effectiveness over the outsiders, but the advantage still lies with the outsiders because all they need is one Starborn with one Banner to cause major damage.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile

Harry may be the exception that proves the rule as they say. 

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Starborn appear to have a duality, that of the Starborn but also the Destroyer, they can destroy mankind as well as save it. That was Morgan’s fear, Justin had already gotten to Harry and maybe turned him to Destroyer. Which is why he was so hard on Harry.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Starborn appear to have a duality, that of the Starborn but also the Destroyer, they can destroy mankind as well as save it. That was Morgan’s fear, Justin had already gotten to Harry and maybe turned him to Destroyer. Which is why he was so hard on Harry.

I don't know, so far only Harry has shown any sign of duality.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Maybe Listen or Drakul has a hidden “Good” side?

• Participant
    • View Profile
Maybe Listen or Drakul has a hidden “Good” side?
Both of those are intriguing characters. I hope we get a talk to talk. Between Listen or Harry..mayhaps to team up to take down Corb.. With Ethnui binded , I think it's a only matter of time before King Toad tried to assassinate him..I do realize that Harry buried Listen underneath an Land Tsnumami but he's too important a character to just kill off like that: Now that we know that he is Starborn.

My hope is that he comes seeking Dresden's help to take out Corb
. Hopefully we see him in 12 months to tell Harry alittle about being Starborn and just what the heck the Stars and Stones are?

What would be even better is a SB team up ----- Listen ,Harry,Drakul , Elaine ( or was that just a theory)  and God knows who else..

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Both of those are intriguing characters. I hope we get a talk to talk. Between Listen or Harry..mayhaps to team up to take down Corb.. With Ethnui binded , I think it's a only matter of time before King Toad tried to assassinate him..I do realize that Harry buried Listen underneath an Land Tsnumami but he's too important a character to just kill off like that: Now that we know that he is Starborn.

My hope is that he comes seeking Dresden's help to take out Corb
. Hopefully we see him in 12 months to tell Harry alittle about being Starborn and just what the heck the Stars and Stones are?

What would be even better is a SB team up ----- Listen ,Harry,Drakul , Elaine ( or was that just a theory)  and God knows who else..

I don't see that happening.  If anyone changes his or her spots in my opinion, it will be Nic.  He has already lost a lot of prestige in Skin Game, but more importantly the Grail if Michael is right, [and he seldom is in these matters] will eventually have an profound affect on Nic.  Following the old Chinese proverb, " be careful for what you wish for, you might get it."

• Participant
    • View Profile
I don't see that happening.  If anyone changes his or her spots in my opinion, it will be Nic.  He has already lost a lot of prestige in Skin Game, but more importantly the Grail if Michael is right, [and he seldom is in these matters] will eventually have an profound affect on Nic.  Following the old Chinese proverb, " be careful for what you wish for, you might get it."
oh Nic as a SB would be tremoundous!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2022, 09:14:14 PM by HeWhoSucksAtWalking »

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
The Grail is supposed to be a purifier, if Nic were to drink from it  could theoretically purify his soul, allowing it to enjoin in everlasting bliss in heaven, rather than going to the Bad Place upon his demise. Nic is obvious afraid of this hence the noose, and the fact that Deidre went to Hades realm in safety rather than the Bad Place was the reason they went through with heist. However he knows Harry knows the loophole of the noose, so once again Nic needs a new escape from Hell.

If the Grail was his get out of Hell card, and escape  Lucifer was the Spear to be a weapon against Lucifer. Did Harry prevent Nicky from killing Lucifer?

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
If you want to know what the council fears, look at what Butcher has done with Harry.  He controls a prison that is so dangerous that it has a fail safe designed to destroy the Great Lakes area. He accepts no judgement but his own.  He has a temper of epic proportions and if provoked could  commit murder with magic and would feel no guilt while doing so. He committed genocide.  I think that covers the bases.

I wouldn't sit next to him on a bus and if I  lived in Chicago I would move to Miami. 8)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
If you want to know what the council fears, look at what Butcher has done with Harry.  He controls a prison that is so dangerous that it has a fail safe designed to destroy the Great Lakes area. He accepts no judgement but his own.  He has a temper of epic proportions and if provoked could  commit murder with magic and would feel no guilt while doing so. He committed genocide.  I think that covers the bases.

I wouldn't sit next to him on a bus and if I  lived in Chicago I would move to Miami. 8)

I think it's a bit of an exaggeration.  Harry accepts Michael's judgement for the most part, he did trust Murphy's until she died, I think he'd trust Mac as well.  He has shown moderation in his judgement as far as the prison and handling the artifacts go.  Yes, he totally lost it after he saw the woman he loved senselessly gunned down, which is understandable.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
As I have said the real Battle Ground was in Harry’s head and heart, not Chicago and Sanya and Butters won. Their presence does make me wonder, was Lucifer lurking in Rudy’s lax trigger finger?

Ethnui’s presence in the mortal world would have mean’t the White God placing his champions on the field of Battle, Sanya and Butters, but also Harry to enforce his will in relation to no threats to reality which might threaten humanity. But could they really have been there for Harry?

Lucifer can’t touch the Knights, but Harry? He can turn Harry, he already tried once. Make a Starborn a Destroyer.

Offline Avernite

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
As I have said the real Battle Ground was in Harry’s head and heart, not Chicago and Sanya and Butters won. Their presence does make me wonder, was Lucifer lurking in Rudy’s lax trigger finger?

Ethnui’s presence in the mortal world would have mean’t the White God placing his champions on the field of Battle, Sanya and Butters, but also Harry to enforce his will in relation to no threats to reality which might threaten humanity. But could they really have been there for Harry?

Lucifer can’t touch the Knights, but Harry? He can turn Harry, he already tried once. Make a Starborn a Destroyer.

Eh. It seems to me this was a battle where Heaven and Hell were on the same side. After all, Marcone gave Harry the blood he needed.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Eh. It seems to me this was a battle where Heaven and Hell were on the same side. After all, Marcone gave Harry the blood he needed.

Well, at least Marcone was at the time, Chicago is his city.