Author Topic: Prequels  (Read 3684 times)

Offline Con

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Prequels
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2022, 05:13:10 AM »
What was the supernatural doing in lesser known (or at least referenced) historical events, like the Polish Deluge, collapse of Carolingian Europe (and the root of the Carpenter line), the 30/80 years war, the 2nd Punic war...

But of course those aren't gonna happen because then the author would have to know them well enough to tweak them. But MW, Odin, Ferro, and the former Red King would've seen them all (in the Red King's case, for certain values of 'seen', no idea if the supernatural was already global).

For more likely cases:
- The ascendance of Mab
- The first Knights of the Cross after TWC died. We suspect they have been here before then given the Kusanagi connection, but how did that all go?
- The takedown of Abdul Alhazred

Literally thinking the same type of Arthurian  dresdenverse only I'd make Mordred Winter Knight and Sir Percival the third knight. Perceivable was on the quest for the holy grail and present at Arthur's death and funeral of 3 fae queens.(iirc?) And Mordred was son of Morgana le Fey.  Maybe inherited the mantle after Lancelot dies?

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2022, 12:27:37 PM »
Jim has yet to give us a run down as to who was exactly who in Camelot, but the ostensible interest Nicky had in the Grail would suggest there were Denarians in the Court.

We know Amorachius was Excalibur which means Arthur was a Knight. Where there are Knights there are Denarians.

Morgana strikes me as falling within Lasciel’s bailiwick as the seducer. She takes a coin as a Changeling perhaps (hence the Le Fay), instead of the expected Mantle and produces Mordred and he picks up a coin later on. Nicky tried this on Michael with young Harry, turning son against father.

Mab I figure for Nimue.

Offline HeWhoSucksAtWalking

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2022, 04:29:26 AM »
Kemmler followed by McCoy out on his covert missions.

Oh would love to find out how The First Merlin captured all those dark gods and nameless horrors. Doubt he did it all himself but would still be cool.

Oh and Jim?Can we please have a short story from either the perspective of one of the Walkers or Marcone having inner monologues with Thorned Namshiel. If Mab ever finds out that their in cahoots then all hell will break loose.

Sorry I know half of these aren't prequels but it would still be awesome

Offline Raine

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2022, 05:03:20 PM »
Mac McAnally.

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2022, 01:38:05 AM »
Considering the importance of Kemmler, the WW1 angle might be fun. I suspect it would be very League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. In fact, a series spanning Kemmler's life (maybe not his POV) would be interesting. It would be good to see what happened in October 31, 1961.

Also, Hastings seems to be very important so it would be good to see that too.

Anything about Eb in his younger days, Maggie when she was stirring up a ruckus, the OG Merlin and Camelot, and particularly anything set in ancient times (Greece, Egypt etc).

But as Morris says, I probably would prefer him to just write more of the current series. I guess we'll see.

Offline EBRIEN

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2022, 09:24:56 PM »
I'd also be curious about Kemmler. If we allow for all children beginning as clean slates and that their experiences shape them (Nurture), then what shaped Kemmler? Or was it just in his DNA (Nature)? Likewise, other characters in the series. The series shows Kemmler and his heirs as evil because of necromancy and the "darkside" if you will. Jim's a Star Wars fan, so what caused Kemmler to follow the darkside of the Dresdenverse force?

The Sidhe speak about balancing the scales throughout. Star Wars speaks of bringing balance to the force. Palpatine didn't die (clones)...Kemmler...Palpatine...Dresden...Hmmm.

Anyway---Rabbit hole.

Maybe the thread should be Character Arcs other than Harry's rather than Prequels.