Author Topic: Black Court Missing Elders (Newbie first post)  (Read 5723 times)

Offline HeWhoSucksAtWalking

• Participant
    • View Profile
Black Court Missing Elders (Newbie first post)
« on: December 04, 2021, 07:35:48 AM »
Okay I just found  Butcher last September And bought Fool Moon,Storm Front and Grave Peril. I've heard about them for years but never gave his series a fair shot . Then Death Masks hit and I was enthralled. Though I really really like the first 3 aswell. This intro had went on for far too long.

Okay down to business. In Battle Ground there were 7 BC elders. But only were 5 left including hentai guy ,twins ,mavra ,and Drakul. So after Wild Bill just shot one did they just dip out? It's been driving me crazy. Thank for you for anything you can shed upon this. Cheers

Don't forget to to put the actual topic in the subject heading, and welcome to the boards  :) - Mod team.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 08:49:39 PM by Yuillegan »

Offline heidi_storage

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie first post.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2021, 01:52:19 AM »
Can't help you at the moment, but welcome! The series is a lot of fun.

Offline b4utoo

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2021, 01:56:31 AM »
You've got my attention. Now I'm curious

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2021, 08:35:20 PM »

Welcome  to the forum! ;D

Offline Con

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2021, 08:12:36 AM »
Welcome...

*hides skeleton of the last Newbie*

As for Black Court Elders WOJ is Chandler will appear in Mirror Mirror. Theories are he'll have been turned by then.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2021, 11:27:25 AM »
Welcome...

*hides skeleton of the last Newbie*

As for Black Court Elders WOJ is Chandler will appear in Mirror Mirror. Theories are he'll have been turned by then.

I don't think so, I think Harry will rescue him, he will become an outcast like Harry and become his new best bud.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2021, 04:15:36 AM »
Welcome to the forum!  :)
I don't remember it now, but the good guys did not incapacitate 2 of them?
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Black Court Missing Elders (Newbie first post)
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2022, 02:14:43 PM »
Thank you all for the warm welcome.  I completely forgot. I posted this months ago..

I do know that the one Wild Bill shot let out a scream that ripped the air and was pulled back by some unseen force ( listens to wind or Rive shoulders perhaps?; Or perhaps the other nameless BC elder. 

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2022, 02:16:45 PM »
Thank you all for the warm welcome.  I completely forgot. I posted this months ago..

I do know that the one Wild Bill shot let out a scream that ripped the air and was pulled back by some unseen force ( listens to wind or Rive shoulders perhaps?; Or perhaps the other nameless BC elder.
They incapacitated one of the twins and one of the nameless BC elders . That leaves one accounted for.

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2022, 05:21:03 PM »
Slightly off my own topic but do the BC have their own base of power? Hopefully Jim sticks with the classics and have them operate in EU, namely Romania or another country that spans the Carpathians. Can't wait to see all the Elders in their own demense of power.Black Court is the only Court without its own book to itself..The Whites had two : Blood Rites ( though Black Court were involved but not the major focus) and WK

Hell the  Reds  we're pretty given two books to themselves as well ( Grave Peril ; though the Reds weren't the only villains ) and Changes. Plus a few shorts and comics. Yes I know the War played a pivitol role in their spotlight ( duh,)

We need a book focusing strictly on the BC--- although if Jim were to introduce the Jade Court as possible allies or enemies with them then I wouldn't object.

Shiro did mention he fought members of both courts in Duels. MAYBE a connection there ( though even I doubt it)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2022, 05:26:04 PM by HeWhoSucksAtWalking »

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2022, 06:34:18 PM »

I might be wrong, but who or what the "Black Court" is has never really been spelled out.  In the beginning Harry called them that, then wasn't that changed to "the Circle" or something like that in later books?  We know they are bad asses, but just who and with whom they are allied with, is mostly a mystery. Lots of guesses, but no one really knows

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2022, 09:09:53 PM »

I might be wrong, but who or what the "Black Court" is has never really been spelled out.  In the beginning Harry called them that, then wasn't that changed to "the Circle" or something like that in later books?  We know they are bad asses, but just who and with whom they are allied with, is mostly a mystery. Lots of guesses, but no one really knows
well j calls Drakul something monstrous stuck in human form. Doubt he's strictly a vampire. Though. His  son was the one
 Who
Made the BC. Though I do find it intriguing that Drakul can make undead vampires even if maybe he,'s not one himself. I assume his son was the King 👑 of  the BC. Will be interesting to hear to their backstory. And if Jim does a strictly BC book then Kincaid HAS to be involved since he might be something similar to his former boss himself. A scion of a human and something monstrous. Though to be fair we don't know if Drakul is really a scion.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2022, 10:53:58 PM »
The Jade Court are classic Chinese hopping vampires, breath or chi stealers meaning the Jampires have more in common with the Whampires (aside from both being fans of British rock bands).

Reds and Blacks both require blood and the life force suspended in that to feed, rather than take the life force direct.

My theory is Drakul is wearing a Starborn body, Kemmler was after something similar but was too early for Harry’s generation, Justin in this theory was waiting for Kemmler to return, Harry was to be the new body for Kemmler, and with a Starborn body Kemmler had the last piece of the jigsaw for a successful Darkhallow (which is why it nearly killed Cowl), it explains why Kemmler never did the Darkhallow when he could have used the power to crush the White Council, the only Starborn body around from previous generations was already occupied by Drakul, and I doubt even Kemmler fancied taking him on.

It may be that there is a physical limitation on a mortal absorbing too much power unless it is through a construct like a Mantle, or mother Winters Walking Stick, or they are a Starborn.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2022, 01:54:21 PM »
Slightly off my own topic but do the BC have their own base of power?

One of my favourite theories is that it *was* Tunguska, but  Ebenezar decided to lend a hand to the Stokerlypse.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2022, 02:19:39 PM »
well j calls Drakul something monstrous stuck in human form. Doubt he's strictly a vampire. Though. His  son was the one
 Who
Made the BC. Though I do find it intriguing that Drakul can make undead vampires even if maybe he,'s not one himself. I assume his son was the King 👑 of  the BC. Will be interesting to hear to their backstory. And if Jim does a strictly BC book then Kincaid HAS to be involved since he might be something similar to his former boss himself. A scion of a human and something monstrous. Though to be fair we don't know if Drakul is really a scion.

But I don't think anything was said about him being a member of the Black Council.. Again lots of talk about, but no substance as to whether or not it really exists.. Oh I think there is some kind of connection, or at least perhaps some of the factions have was looks like the same aims but that doesn't mean they are part of a group called the Black Council.