Author Topic: Death Foreshadowing  (Read 3357 times)

Offline toodeep

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Death Foreshadowing
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2021, 07:30:39 PM »
Yes, but seeing the world as a spirit didn't alter time, love, or truth. You'd think time would have been altered, but it wasn't really, there was a beginning and an end to his "time" as a spirit. And since he really wasn't dead,dead, that experience was an illusion, don't think that was what Lasciel was getting at.

I think the time travel book will involve going through the spirit realm.  Like, Harry will astrally project back to the past and have to make him self a physical body like when he was a ghost.  We've also seen Lash and Bob slow down and adjust the flow of time.  Mr. Sunshine showed him many things after he almost died at the end of ghost story, and there he may have been truly outside of time.  It is quite possible that in a spirit sense time is an illusion.  Love is considered an illusion by the Fallen, that is them bringing their own bias to the statement.  God would strongly disagree, I suspect.  This might be the fundamental disagreement between them...

I've been thinking about Harry making himself a body from the spirit realm, about necromancy, and about the apparent WoJ that the einjhar are necromancy using soulfire.  Harry made himself an ectoplasmic body when he was "dead."  That sure seems like necromancy, but as I recall he had a heartbeat, etc.  He wasn't a zombie or a ghost at that point.  There was none of the talk of using "dark energy" or anything like that at the time that would have been associated with necromancy.   I assume just like any other spell, his body would have fallen apart at dawn, but would it have fallen if he had used soulfire in the mix?  If he was running around in just his soul and his spells were using his essence, was everything he cast pretty much using soulfire?