Author Topic: Lacuna  (Read 3396 times)

Offline Monkez

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Lacuna
« on: October 26, 2021, 05:12:56 AM »
I haven't seen this mentioned before, but it may be just be me not paying attention, but here goes:

Am I the last one to realize that Lacuna is a tooth fairy?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 05:33:57 AM by Monkez »
I always wanted to be a monk, but I never got the chants.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Lacuna
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2021, 12:46:43 PM »
Yes.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2021, 03:33:59 PM »
That was harsh.  I'm sure some on reddit lack knowledge.

Offline Monkez

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2021, 04:23:03 PM »
Yes.

Harsh, but true... :) :)  I don't have many blind spots, but the ones i do have are sometimes a mile wide.   ;)
I always wanted to be a monk, but I never got the chants.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2021, 04:29:37 PM »
That was harsh.  I'm sure some on reddit lack knowledge.

True, but even they knew this.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2021, 02:29:09 PM »

But how does she get the money under the pillow with that hooked suit on? :-\

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2021, 03:10:22 PM »

But how does she get the money under the pillow with that hooked suit on? :-\
minions
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline seanham

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2021, 04:19:31 PM »
I thought Lacuna was a Tooth Fairy, not the Tooth Fairy.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2021, 06:08:13 PM »
Well at least until she can have Toot Toot procure her a Godzilla sized tooth to be scrimshawed into her throne as Princess of the Tooth Fairies.

Lacuna has ambitions, and Toot has hopeless love.

What she may be currently is tooth Fairy to the Court of Queen Mab where she undertook the scrimshawing of Lloyd Slates teeth whilst they were in his mouth provides coins to Fairies children who have lost their teeth.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2021, 06:20:57 PM »
Well at least until she can have Toot Toot procure her a Godzilla sized tooth to be scrimshawed into her throne as Princess of the Tooth Fairies.

Lacuna has ambitions, and Toot has hopeless love.

What she may be currently is tooth Fairy to the Court of Queen Mab where she undertook the scrimshawing of Lloyd Slates teeth whilst they were in his mouth provides coins to Fairies children who have lost their teeth.

Or they quietly followed Harry down into the vault back in Skin Game and brought back a bag of loot of their own.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2021, 06:51:02 PM »
Hades almost certainly has a fine collection of Mayan Tooth jewellery, George Washington’s dentures etc that would be of interest to Lacuna, and from her point of view all Harry brought back was an old knife, a dirty bit of wood, a rag, and some garden waste on his first visit.

Getting in a second time a little bit harder unless Demonreach backs onto another part of Hades domain, and I don’t fancy Toot’s chances as not being a sacrifice.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2021, 02:01:29 PM »
Hades almost certainly has a fine collection of Mayan Tooth jewellery, George Washington’s dentures etc that would be of interest to Lacuna, and from her point of view all Harry brought back was an old knife, a dirty bit of wood, a rag, and some garden waste on his first visit.

Getting in a second time a little bit harder unless Demonreach backs onto another part of Hades domain, and I don’t fancy Toot’s chances as not being a sacrifice.

I don't think she'd be interested in Washington's old wooden dentures.. I saw one of those sets years ago on a trip to Boston..  ;)  Now the teeth that were pulled would be another matter all together and I wouldn't be shocked if they turned up in her collection..  Toot could set up a museum for her, calling it,  "A Collection of Notable Teeth Through History."

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2021, 02:23:39 PM »
Aha! The misnomer about wooden teeth:- from the Wikipedia entry on his teeth
“During his life, Washington had four sets of dentures. He began wearing partial dentures by 1781.[5] Despite many people believing they were made of wood, they contained no wood, and may have been made of teeth extracted from slaves, as well as other materials such as hippopotamus ivory, brass and gold.[6][7][8] The dentures had metal fasteners, springs to force them open, as well as bolts to keep them together.”

Lacuna would love a set of castanets.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2021, 06:04:51 PM »
Aha! The misnomer about wooden teeth:- from the Wikipedia entry on his teeth
“During his life, Washington had four sets of dentures. He began wearing partial dentures by 1781.[5] Despite many people believing they were made of wood, they contained no wood, and may have been made of teeth extracted from slaves, as well as other materials such as hippopotamus ivory, brass and gold.[6][7][8] The dentures had metal fasteners, springs to force them open, as well as bolts to keep them together.”

Lacuna would love a set of castanets.

Well, the ones I saw claimed to be his and of wood or partial wood anyway.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2021, 07:36:39 PM »
I suspect it’s like pieces of the true cross, enough to have come from an entire forest, every two bit conman carved some George Washington wooden teeth as a curio fostering the story and some ending up in museums and collections.

Basically the USA’s Shroud of Turin.

Wood would be a bad medium for false teeth, they would absorb moisture, warp and splinter, and rot.  Real teeth or hippo ivory makes much more sense. It’s like skulls, there used to be an abundance....

Here’s a scenario, Mab trades a favour to the young George Washington, by having her No 1 creepy Tooth Fairy extract the teeth and make his new dentures for him. Very Mab, in return getting the Crown out of North America gave her a far freer reign in the US than in England and Washington agreed to “no kings” and a Republic.

Note the teeth do not contain any iron only real teeth, hippo ivory, brass and gold and of course Mother Winter would be in a position to advise on their construction.