Author Topic: What Harry Would Like to Undo From Grave Peril, Mirror Mirror  (Read 1561 times)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
What Harry Would Like to Undo From Grave Peril, Mirror Mirror
« on: October 14, 2021, 03:01:53 PM »

Just a thought, don't have the exact quote, and I am not even sure that Harry could undo it.  I think just before Harry tries to kill Lea with a Holy Sword and loses it.  Lea expresses interest in Michael's first child, and that would be Molly..  Ultimately Lea becomes "Auntie Lea" and Molly is prepared for becoming a Lady at some point.  It happens in Cold Days, and in typical Mab fashion she lays the blame at Harry's feet.. In Peace Talks he apparently agrees, then in Battle Ground Mab orders him if she is killed to kill Molly..  So a boatload of guilt here for Harry to heap upon himself both earned and imagined.  Not just the prospect of having to kill Molly, but saving her human mortal soul as well, would that be an incentive for Harry to go back in time to fix what he screwed up?

Offline LostInTime

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: What Harry Would Like to Undo From Grave Peril, Mirror Mirror
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2021, 07:24:46 PM »
Just my take on it, but Molly's soul is not currently in jeopardy. The fae courts had to have been set up with TWG's approval. It's the only scenario that fits with TWG kicking out all the small G gods or making them surrender their immortality to continue to interact with humans.

If the courts were set up with TWG's approval, then TWG had to know what it would do to the mantle wearers. And how their choices would shape their destinies. And that making those choices, gaining power, and losing free will, would cost them personally.

I mean, it's not like TWG isn't all about sacrifice on behalf of others.

Mab was just twisting Harry and trying to make him doubt his course of action. It's her way of trying to exert control over him. And that's a losing gamble, no matter who you are.
The more I get to know people, the better I like my dog.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2021, 07:30:47 PM »

Just a thought, don't have the exact quote, and I am not even sure that Harry could undo it.  I think just before Harry tries to kill Lea with a Holy Sword and loses it.  Lea expresses interest in Michael's first child, and that would be Molly..  Ultimately Lea becomes "Auntie Lea" and Molly is prepared for becoming a Lady at some point.  It happens in Cold Days, and in typical Mab fashion she lays the blame at Harry's feet.. In Peace Talks he apparently agrees, then in Battle Ground Mab orders him if she is killed to kill Molly..  So a boatload of guilt here for Harry to heap upon himself both earned and imagined.  Not just the prospect of having to kill Molly, but saving her human mortal soul as well, would that be an incentive for Harry to go back in time to fix what he screwed up?

A deal wasn't made for Molly here though.  If he wanted to protect her, I think it would have been in decisions he made later on.  His Choice in Changes ultimately led to Molly being alone, and needing Leah. 

If he could have changed something, not raising the Sword to Leah would have been it, I think.  If he hadn't done that, she wouldn't have had it to trade.  Michael may not have shown up (or he'd have had the Sword to protect himself), and Susan would have been able to use an invitation. 
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2021, 11:13:20 PM »
A deal wasn't made for Molly here though.  If he wanted to protect her, I think it would have been in decisions he made later on.  His Choice in Changes ultimately led to Molly being alone, and needing Leah.

Perhaps, but it set up a Fae connection with Michael.. Harry might want to totally rethink taking Michael to go after Nightmare in the first place.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2021, 02:26:28 AM »
Perhaps, but it set up a Fae connection with Michael.. Harry might want to totally rethink taking Michael to go after Nightmare in the first place.

Yeah that's true.  That being said, Leah seems to be monitoring Harry.  I think she knew about his friendship with Michael, and by extension knew about Molly.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2021, 11:11:52 AM »
Yeah that's true.  That being said, Leah seems to be monitoring Harry.  I think she knew about his friendship with Michael, and by extension knew about Molly.

But that doesn't explain the threat that she made as far as Michael's first born goes.  Unless poor Molly was already part of a game plan set up long before, perhaps by old Mother Winter?  She's the one with the yarn, knits the fabric and has the sheers to cut that yarn.