Author Topic: Mother Winter Blackstaff Back  (Read 9740 times)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: Mother Winter Blackstaff Back
« Reply #75 on: October 15, 2021, 11:03:13 AM »
The Eye needed time to charge which is why she didn't just fire it nonstop at everyone.  Mab took the shot to buy time.

"Mab was not strong enough to do much more than lift her own head"
"My Knight, came Mab's psychic voice.  We have perhaps sixty seconds before the Eye is once again loosed upon us.  you must call her by then", talking about summoning Titania. 

From that point on, Ethniu was pretty much fighting off everyone else, and didn't get a shot at Mab.

But that is the point, Ethniu gave Mab everything she had with the Eye, and Mab withstood it.  Against an immortal with half a brain to reason, the Eye isn't deadly, yes, Mab took a severe shot, but it gave the others a window in which to take her down. 

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Re: Mother Winter Blackstaff Back
« Reply #76 on: October 15, 2021, 07:24:24 PM »
But that is the point, Ethniu gave Mab everything she had with the Eye, and Mab withstood it.  Against an immortal with half a brain to reason, the Eye isn't deadly, yes, Mab took a severe shot, but it gave the others a window in which to take her down.

She took a single shot, and survived.  Just because she could take one shot, doesn't mean the eye isn't deadly.  She probably wouldn't have survived a second, as she was made clear to Harry that he needed to act quickly.  If it weren't deadly to her, she wouldn't have been worried because she could have taken more blasts.

The Eye is clearly deadly to her.  She is just powerful enough to take one good blast from it.  A second would have finished her.  She was pretty clear that it could kill her when Harry said she was Immortal, and she replied that she wasn't eternal when discussing the Eye and it's power.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.