Author Topic: Lara "Romany" ex husband  (Read 1848 times)

Offline Con

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Lara "Romany" ex husband
« on: October 05, 2021, 06:14:04 AM »
So with Lara and Harry's betrothel thought it worth pointing out she has been married before. Briefly.

I'm rereading Blood Rites when she admits it.

Possible it's a literal Romani person.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Lara "Romany" ex husband
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2021, 07:32:09 AM »
With Harry’s luck it’s Drakul, and it was him who was protecting Lord Raith from magical attack all along. Turns out, they never divorced. Awkward as This puts a spoke in Mabs marriage plans for Harry. No one wants Dracula’s dad turning up at at the point “does anyone object?”

Solution: Harry’s batchelor party, a full complement of Knights, an Alpha, Eb, Carlos, River Shoulders, Listens to the Wind and Toot take down Drakul once and for all, and rescue Wild Bill and Yoshi to be put in  Demonreach until they can be cured.

Harry makes everyone wear lurid matching T-shirts, from River Shoulders 13XL to Toots Child - Small

Mavra is the closest the batchelor party gets to a stripper.

They also collect several centuries of ‘alimony’ from Drakul’s treasury.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 09:22:32 AM by Conspiracy Theorist »

Offline BrainFireBob

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2021, 06:57:00 PM »
Was the wedding ring that burned Lara hers- or her husband's? The latter would indicate he let her feed on him because he loved her.

Romany does indicate that her husband was Romani- mulling over the significant of that aside from the bellydancing element being excellent hiding for White Court to solicit victims.

Be the most fun if Lara was left with child, though- the Brady Bunch jokes write themselves, especially if Lara turns maternal to little Maggie and Bonea. Besides, Jim could write an excellent story about Harry being shocked he's marrying a grandma and Lara's child being unhappy with the situation. Harry never has asked.

I knew a boy when I was young, he was picked up from 4th grade by a gorgeous woman. Some of his male friends told him "Man, your mom is hot!" (It was a different time) With some exceptional embarassment, he admitted it was his grandmother who picked him up...she was around 39 at the time.

Offline LostInTime

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2021, 08:39:02 PM »
Solution: Harry’s batchelor party, a full complement of Knights, an Alpha, Eb, Carlos, River Shoulders, Listens to the Wind and Toot take down Drakul once and for all, and rescue Wild Bill and Yoshi to be put in  Demonreach until they can be cured.

There's no curing them. Bill and Yoshi died and have moved on. A demon has taken up residence in their bodies. It's why Blamps look decomposed.
The more I get to know people, the better I like my dog.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2021, 12:02:00 AM »
There's no curing them. Bill and Yoshi died and have moved on. A demon has taken up residence in their bodies. It's why Blamps look decomposed.

Hmmm Mavra wanted the Word of Kemmler, and Drakul hadn’t wanted anything to do with the Black Court. I wonder if this was to build a better Blamp? Remove the exploitable weaknesses and decayed look, create something more genuinely like Drakul, as Junior originally intended. Drakul went to great trouble to ‘recruit’ the wardens perhaps the Blamps weren’t aware that they were recruiting their replacements.

Harry has the Shroud, and access to Soulfire which WOJ indicates is required to re-animate Odin’s warriors, whose to say he can’t raise the dead without creating a Blamp like monstrosity? If he had the Grail as well it would probably be a sure thing as that is a purifier.

Harry will resurrect something, breaking the Laws of Magic, it will be the Wardens, or it will be Mister.

Offline LostInTime

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2021, 12:15:00 AM »
If he gets the grail perhaps he will use it to purge Thomas of his demon?
The more I get to know people, the better I like my dog.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2021, 12:25:01 AM »
Possible, if he gets the full set he gets a complimentary set of steak knives.

Harry does have two powerful sources of resurrection magic to hand, and he knows the Word of Kemmler. He is going to bring someone back as a person and not a monster. He might have tried it with Murphy if Odin hadn’t beat him to the punch.

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2021, 05:26:22 AM »
If he gets the grail perhaps he will use it to purge Thomas of his demon?

I don't think Harry's likely to get the Grail. It'll probably be key to whatever evil plan Nick does that sets off the BAT.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2021, 12:16:53 AM »
I don't think Harry's likely to get the Grail. It'll probably be key to whatever evil plan Nick does that sets off the BAT.

But Harry is a fan and therefore a completist, he is going to want the entire set.