Author Topic: Twelve Months therapist  (Read 2139 times)

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Twelve Months therapist
« on: August 29, 2021, 11:18:35 PM »
L2W offered to tutor Harry. Eb said it was a good idea. Harry assumed he meant shape shifting. But he didn't.

He snorted quietly, and then said, “Not shifting.
He knows more than any man alive about dealing
with rage over injustice and being unfairly
wronged. Don’t get me wrong. I think it’s admirable
that you have those kinds of feelings, and choose
to do something about them. But they can do
terrible things to a man, too.” His face was distant
for a moment, his eyes focused elsewhere.
“Terrible things. He’s been there. I think if you
spent some time with him, you’d benefit by
it.”

Since Harry will be gone for MM, it seems likely that the often teased training with L2W will be in TM, with L2W helping Harry deal with grief and anger.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Re: Twelve Months therapist
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2021, 02:11:50 AM »
L2W offered to tutor Harry. Eb said it was a good idea. Harry assumed he meant shape shifting. But he didn't.

Since Harry will be gone for MM, it seems likely that the often teased training with L2W will be in TM, with L2W helping Harry deal with grief and anger.

Good call.  LtW also telling Harry he could tell him about everything after a year could be a hint that he will play a big role in the book?
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline seanham

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2021, 02:39:32 AM »
I kind of forgot about that line. I like the idea! Reminds me of the therapist from Falcon and Winter Solider.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2021, 04:16:46 AM »
Idk, with his separation from the council, I think he'll send River Shoulders to tell him a thing or two

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2021, 12:12:37 PM »

It may foreshadow what Eb is going through in the present.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2021, 02:19:35 PM »
It may foreshadow what Eb is going through in the present.

Yes,  I hope Jim does follow through with this.  Harry needs to know what Eb is going through but  from a less emotional perspective. 

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2021, 07:38:09 PM »
Idk, with his separation from the council, I think he'll send River Shoulders to tell him a thing or two

Yeah, I figure that was introduced as a substitute because LtW would now get in trouble for getting too close to someone the Council has excommunicated.

He's probably also not going to be very mobile to come to Harry, and Harry isn't welcome at HQ.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2021, 08:42:28 PM »
Yeah, I figure that was introduced as a substitute because LtW would now get in trouble for getting too close to someone the Council has excommunicated.

He's probably also not going to be very mobile to come to Harry, and Harry isn't welcome at HQ.
Yeah, but LTW can entrust the journels with Rivershoulders, and I'd like to see anyone challenge him... Or more likely Rashid could deliver them, he no doubt knows more than one Way though the Nevernever to get from Scotland to Harry's castle or the island, and nobody is going to follow him on many of those routes either.
Modify message

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2021, 03:10:02 PM »
Jim really likes employing common tropes and putting a spin on them, so I am looking forward to his take on a therapist conversation, Freudian Couch and all.