Author Topic: Apocalypse is a frame of mind  (Read 3866 times)

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Apocalypse is a frame of mind
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2021, 05:32:59 PM »
What Nic and HWWB are saying it is more of a slow rotting from with in.  Institutions are broken down little by little, loss of faith in those institutions, collapse from with in, the inability to resist outside attacks.

Huh. The popcorn, escapist wizard detective novels are getting kinda 'relevant message' after all. That's a bit of a disturbing take on it.

Offline Second Aristh

• Posty McPostington
  • Numeromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2021, 06:36:10 PM »
Because he wanted it and he wanted to kill Harry.
But Nemesis wouldn't want reality to have such strong weapons at hand.  That would be a pure Nicodemus motivation.
We shall not fail or falter, we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools, and we will finish the job.--Winston Churchill

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2021, 07:03:36 PM »
But Nemesis wouldn't want reality to have such strong weapons at hand.  That would be a pure Nicodemus motivation.

Yes, but Nic wasn't working for Nemesis, he was outsmarted by a star born, he willing sacrificed his beloved daughter, and for what? 

Offline Second Aristh

• Posty McPostington
  • Numeromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2021, 07:13:59 PM »
Yes, but Nic wasn't working for Nemesis, he was outsmarted by a star born, he willing sacrificed his beloved daughter, and for what?
Yeah... that's my point.   
Nic isn't working for Nemesis.  By attempting the heist in SG, Nic is acting against the goals of Nemesis.  The outcome being bad for Nic personally isn't really relevant.
We shall not fail or falter, we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools, and we will finish the job.--Winston Churchill

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2021, 07:25:09 PM »
Yeah... that's my point.   
Nic isn't working for Nemesis.  By attempting the heist in SG, Nic is acting against the goals of Nemesis.  The outcome being bad for Nic personally isn't really relevant.

Oh, I think ultimately it will be relevant, if it sets Nic on the road to redemption, he may quit the idea of apocalypse and become a valuable ally for Harry.. That is if Harry can accept the idea that Nic is redeemed..  Actually that is how I think it is shaping up, his daughter killed, Harry handing over the Grail to him, yup, look for Nic to join Harry against Nemesis.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2021, 07:32:06 PM »
I'm having a wisp of an idea that the Fallen were subject to attack by Besides. That they fell by the same mechanism that took Maeve. And that they were imprisoned in the coins for the same reason that Lea was frozen in ice at Arctis Tor.

Offline Second Aristh

• Posty McPostington
  • Numeromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2021, 07:34:45 PM »
Oh, I think ultimately it will be relevant, if it sets Nic on the road to redemption, he may quit the idea of apocalypse and become a valuable ally for Harry.. That is if Harry can accept the idea that Nic is redeemed..  Actually that is how I think it is shaping up, his daughter killed, Harry handing over the Grail to him, yup, look for Nic to join Harry against Nemesis.
Will Deirdre be relevant in the future of the story?  Probably.  She's not relevant to whether or not Nic was a Nemesis agent in SG.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2021, 09:52:14 PM »
Wait.

Wait.

What if... What if Nico is hosting Nemesis, and has been all along? What if he took up Anduriel's coin, but has never talked to Anduriel? What if Beside has been pretending to be Anduriel all along, and Nico has unknowingly been working for Beside all along?

We know Beside has been around for a long time, we know he's not much of a fighter (like Anduriel is said to be in Skin Game), Beside and Nico have both tried to recruit Harry, they've both said the apocalypse thing...

Nah, too complicated. It'd only work if the other coins couldn't know.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2021, 11:48:26 PM »
I think the real implication, is that it's anduriel who's working Nemesis through Nic then Isn't it?

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2021, 06:25:22 AM »
Wait.

Wait.

What if... What if Nico is hosting Nemesis, and has been all along? What if he took up Anduriel's coin, but has never talked to Anduriel? What if Beside has been pretending to be Anduriel all along, and Nico has unknowingly been working for Beside all along?

We know Beside has been around for a long time, we know he's not much of a fighter (like Anduriel is said to be in Skin Game), Beside and Nico have both tried to recruit Harry, they've both said the apocalypse thing...

Nah, too complicated. It'd only work if the other coins couldn't know.
It would be a nice twist but I don't think it could work, Griff.

The problem is that Mab has spoken to Anduriel and made bargains with it. If Fallen were able to be infected by Nemesis...well that's a way it could work. I think Anduriel is definitely in the picture given how others react to him - Kringle, the Knights, Mouse, Mab etc. But if Anduriel himself was tainted that would change things.

Because if Anduriel was tainted, it isn't certain anyone would know. Maybe none of them would. Even Uriel can't always tell.