Author Topic: So are the Svartalves going to be at war with the White Court?  (Read 6276 times)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: So are the Svartalves going to be at war with the White Court?
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2021, 09:53:45 AM »
Molly cares but she is subservient to Mab. Mab doesn't care so much about the world but she cares if someone else may take it and can use it to upset the balance of power.

True, no one can accuse Mab of being sentimental, but irregardless of what she cares about, she does, and the balance keeps the rest of us safe.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2021, 04:31:16 PM »
I think the Svartalves are smart enough to realise the timing of Thomas assassination was right before Ethniu and the Fomor attack there by sowing discontent among the Accorded Nations.

There passive aggressive way of denying Harry Molly's apartment is the most that will come of it. I doubt they'll be friendly with the White Court but I equally doubt there'll be an all out war over it.
The svartalves were actually helping Harry with his claim against Marcone.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2021, 07:20:20 PM »

Yes, Battle Ground page 384 Harry confronts Marcone saying that he, [Harry] defended his home and lost his own home in the process. Then;

I pointed at Evanna.
Everyone looked at her.
"There was. . .damage to the apartment during the attack," she politely lied.  "No replacement at apartment at this time.  As such he can no longer be our guest."

Now for a couple of reasons Evanna may have found it awkward not to back him, i.e. Thomas is Harry's bother, Thomas was also Evanna's lover, little details that she might not have wanted made public at the time.  Whether it came down to personal reasons, or she had been filled in that for now at any rate Thomas was being punished for his deeds by the Winter Knight and Warden of Demonreach, she chose to back Harry on this.

Offline Second Aristh

• Posty McPostington
  • Numeromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2021, 07:24:30 PM »
Helping Harry's claim with Marcone also means that they can diplomatically kick him out of the apartment and cutting ties.  Two birds, one stone.
We shall not fail or falter, we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools, and we will finish the job.--Winston Churchill

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2021, 07:25:26 PM »
According to Kringle Mab has excellent relations with the svartalves.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2021, 07:28:44 PM »
Helping Harry's claim with Marcone also means that they can diplomatically kick him out of the apartment and cutting ties.  Two birds, one stone.
That too, that is diplomatically getting him out of their hair without offending Mab, which is important since the Svartalves have no intention of cutting ties with the Accords, especially in these times.